Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Got a new toy and it got me thinking......

Featured Replies

Just bought this yesterday for my dad. The Judge.

 

I love that gun...but man, those 45 long Colts ain't cheap!

  • Replies 59
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's what is kinda funny about that. My dad has roughly 4 separate gift certificates from our local outdoor shop at 50 bucks apiece. I am gonna persuade him to add a laser sight and purchase a few of the 45's so we can play with it.:thumb:

Colonel, have you ever shot the home defense ammo out of one? I can't wait to see the pattern. Pretty cool piece of ammo if you ask me.

Colonel, have you ever shot the home defense ammo out of one? I can't wait to see the pattern. Pretty cool piece of ammo if you ask me.

 

I've only shot regular .410's and the long Colts through one. A good friend of mine has one that he takes out pretty much every time we shoot, and he has me about one or two nudges away from buying my own. Those home defense rounds look reeeeally interesting though....

We shot the Judge on Christmas day. I must say, that thing is a blast to shoot. Of course, it's so versatile you can shoot alot of stuff through it. My dad got a laser site for his. Wonderful pistol.

Did you shoot the home defense loads through it? How did they perform?

Did you shoot the home defense loads through it? How did they perform?
We did, and we shot a silhouette and it was sort of hard to tell. Left a hole in the paper in the center of the chest from 15 yds about the size of a cantaloupe. I'm excited to take it to the range where we can get a better look. We didn't have anything to back the paper silhouette so it may have torn some. It wasn't bad on the recoil end either.
We did, and we shot a silhouette and it was sort of hard to tell. Left a hole in the paper in the center of the chest from 15 yds about the size of a cantaloupe. I'm excited to take it to the range where we can get a better look. We didn't have anything to back the paper silhouette so it may have torn some. It wasn't bad on the recoil end either.
I was getting ready to ask how recoil was with those.

I would imagine that the 3" may be worse. 2 1/2 ain't bad at all.

Kind of reminds me of a Glock Model 27. Those are very compact and the grip is really short, looks to be around the same size and the clip extension you mentioned does wonders for a gun like that because another inch or so is all you need for the grip to fit perfect.

 

 

 

Another mistake people make shooting guns with the smaller grip is they sometimes make the mistake of getting their hand too far up the grip and getting it caught on the recoil. Talking about some pain. Hasn't ever happened to me but its easy to do and I have saw it happen. Real easy to do with how you described your gun and with a gun the size of the Glock 27.

Agree- i have a Ruger 380 LCP and if your not carefull it will bite you

10mm, .45ACP, .357, .40............9mm

I prefer the Walther PPK. :banana:

 

 

Haha really...I inherited a .25 caliber revolver of some sort, and I don't even know where to get ammunition.

Got the wife a new .38. S&W today. I traded in the Ruger Sr9C on it.

 

The salesman twisted my arm and convinced me to also pick up a Taurus judge for myself. I got the public defender model which has a short 2" barrel and short cylinder and grip.

image-84375673.jpg

I have the public defender. I took my conceal/carry class with it. Shot slugs at the silhouette. You'll dig it 2C.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.