Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Got a new toy and it got me thinking......

Featured Replies

I have the public defender. I took my conceal/carry class with it. Shot slugs at the silhouette. You'll dig it 2C.
Glad to hear it. I agonized over getting the 3" barrell model, but it was quite a bit bigger and heavier. The only thing I really liked better about it was the longer grip. For what the gun is designed for I couldn't care less about the short barrel or about being restricted to the 2 1/2 inch shells.

 

I have to now go buy some of that .410 home defense loads. :thumb:

  • Replies 59
  • Views 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife took her concealed carry with that same .38 minus pink grips and loved it. That was a surprisingly good shooting gun, I think trigger pull couldn't have been much more than 3 or 3 1/2 lbs

I too didn't like the short grip, and I bought my dad the bigger model that shoots 3"(shown above). There really wasn't any issue shooting it either like I thought there would be. You'll love the defender rounds out of it. Other than the price.

My wife took her concealed carry with that same .38 minus pink grips and loved it. That was a surprisingly good shooting gun' date=' I think trigger pull couldn't have been much more than 3 or 3 1/2 lbs[/quote']

 

My 10 yr old was praying she wouldn't like it and I would let him have it. It came with black rubber grips also and he already had plans to switch them out.

Not really for protection, but I just bought two ruger blackhawk .357 with the 4 5/8 inch barrels and a Henry Goldenboy .357 lever action with a 20 inch barrell and octagon barrel. I am planning on starting to shoot in cowboy competition. My dad has been doing it and claims it is a blast.

Not really for protection, but I just bought two ruger blackhawk .357 with the 4 5/8 inch barrels and a Henry Goldenboy .357 lever action with a 20 inch barrell and octagon barrel. I am planning on starting to shoot in cowboy competition. My dad has been doing it and claims it is a blast.
That looks like a lot of fun on TV. I'd like to go watch one of those just for fun.

I'm now the proud owner of the Kimber 1911 Pro Carry II. Night sights. Adding the Crimson Trace grips as we speak. Love the .45ACP. That gun is so very nice. By far the most accurate (for me at least) autoloading pistol I've ever fired.

 

Santa=Good.

This is a pic of a pro carry just like mine. Rosewood crimson trace grip will be on shortly.

kimber.jpg

opplanet-do-all-outdoors-bsh2-hot-box-impact-seal-target-5in.jpg

 

If you have never used these targets (Hot Box) I highly recommend them. They are about 6"x6"x6" cube of self sealing material. Each time you shoot target moves some and you have to reacquire it. I like to throw it out on the ground about 15-20 feet away and then each shot it goes out a little further. You can shoot with and hand gun or rifle ammo. First one that I had ever saw had been shot over 1000 times by a .45 1911 and didn't have a hole in it. These things are remarkable.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]38447[/ATTACH]

 

If you have never used these targets (Hot Box) I highly recommend them. They are about 6"x6"x6" cube of self sealing material. Each time you shoot target moves some and you have to reacquire it. I like to throw it out on the ground about 15-20 feet away and then each shot it goes out a little further. You can shoot with and hand gun or rifle ammo. First one that I had ever saw had been shot over 1000 times by a .45 1911 and didn't have a hole in it. These things are remarkable.

Never seen one. Wonder where I can get one. That sounds fantastic.

Never seen one. Wonder where I can get one. That sounds fantastic.
Google Hot Box, just about all on-line sporting goods store carry them...be careful prices vary widely.
Google Hot Box, just about all on-line sporting goods store carry them...be careful prices vary widely.

 

I'm not sure I want to google hot box. It's not April 1st is it?:lol:

Also bought the wife a Bersa .380. Crimson Trace grips. Very sweet shooter.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.