Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Class 2A Preseason Rankings

Featured Replies

Not according to what you said in 1A. You said Mayfield should be #1 based on what they did last year. Which is it?

 

Catch the sarcasm... Exactly... Which is it? Why is it NCC is #1 till someone beats them when they lost a ton of talent? They aren't the only ones who played there JV units the whole 2nd half of games all year long. They aren't the only ones who blew there class out? They aren't the only ones with some high caliber under classmen coming in? It's funny, Scribe, I mentioned that based on what Mayfield had done the prior 2 years vs Beechwood, most notably last year, and, Westsider and a few others made reference to it having nothing to do with what you did last year, but, about what you lost and have coming back. Now, when it comes to NCC, a NKy school, all of a sudden, last years results make a difference and is the primary reason for them being the #1 team this year. Hmmm... I said if the roles were reversed, Beechwood would have been rated #1 for the same reasons people are putting NCC #1, but, I suppose that's a ridiculous opinion, at least according to some, but, it does, at the very least, make you question it...

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Catch the sarcasm... Exactly... Which is it? Why is it NCC is #1 till someone beats them when they lost a ton of talent? They aren't the only ones who played there JV units the whole 2nd half of games all year long. They aren't the only ones who blew there class out? They aren't the only ones with some high caliber under classmen coming in? It's funny, Scribe, I mentioned that based on what Mayfield had done the prior 2 years vs Beechwood, most notably last year, and, Westsider and a few others made reference to it having nothing to do with what you did last year, but, about what you lost and have coming back. Now, when it comes to NCC, a NKy school, all of a sudden, last years results make a difference and is the primary reason for them being the #1 team this year. Hmmm... I said if the roles were reversed, Beechwood would have been rated #1 for the same reasons people are putting NCC #1, but, I suppose that's a ridiculous opinion, at least according to some, but, it does, at the very least, make you question it...

Obviously a Western Ky. and NKy argument. NCC is rated #1 because even though they lost a lot of talent they still have a lot of talent. All I remember from last year was how a WKy. team in O'boro Cath was going to score at will against NCC. Turns out they couldn't get inside the 30 yd line. Time will tell, but in 2A I'll stick with NCC against 2A teams in all parts of the state. That being said, that's why they play the games. We'll all know who is the best only in early Dec.

Newcath lost a ton of talent from last years team. Is their program that far ahead of the rest of the state that they are still the team to beat? Giesler, Grueneslaeger, Doyle, Cain, Kelley, etc. will all be hard to replace.

 

THEY DON'T REPLACE, THEY RELOAD.

Catch the sarcasm... Exactly... Which is it? Why is it NCC is #1 till someone beats them when they lost a ton of talent? They aren't the only ones who played there JV units the whole 2nd half of games all year long. They aren't the only ones who blew there class out? They aren't the only ones with some high caliber under classmen coming in? It's funny, Scribe, I mentioned that based on what Mayfield had done the prior 2 years vs Beechwood, most notably last year, and, Westsider and a few others made reference to it having nothing to do with what you did last year, but, about what you lost and have coming back. Now, when it comes to NCC, a NKy school, all of a sudden, last years results make a difference and is the primary reason for them being the #1 team this year. Hmmm... I said if the roles were reversed, Beechwood would have been rated #1 for the same reasons people are putting NCC #1, but, I suppose that's a ridiculous opinion, at least according to some, but, it does, at the very least, make you question it...
Maybe, just maybe, you have little idea what goes into the rankings. Maybe, just maybe, the BGP guys took a look at who was back for each team and rated the teams accordingly, with little or no regard to how it looks to people like you that are ticked because your favorite team isn't ranked #1 in the preseason.

 

Guess what? Mayfield can show the BGP guys just how screwed up they really are by repeating as state champions.

 

Where were you last year when Mayfield was the preseason #1 after getting beat badly by Lexington Christian in the state championship game? Were you complaining then?

Maybe, just maybe, you have little idea what goes into the rankings. Maybe, just maybe, the BGP guys took a look at who was back for each team and rated the teams accordingly, with little or no regard to how it looks to people like you that are ticked because your favorite team isn't ranked #1 in the preseason.

 

Guess what? Mayfield can show the BGP guys just how screwed up they really are by repeating as state champions.

 

Where were you last year when Mayfield was the preseason #1 after getting beat badly by Lexington Christian in the state championship game? Were you complaining then?

 

Not complaining now, buddy. Sounds to me like your the one that needs to take a chill pill. Point is, can't have it both ways. I stated an opinion in another thread and because you didn't agree with it, you attacked me or, as you typically do, make yourself sound the all knowing God of HS football and anyone who disagrees a cry baby or idiot. I'm far from that and your better than thou opinions have grown stale. You, yourself, stated in that other topic that it had more to do with whats returning and not what happened last year. I simply stated my opinion on the matter. Now, I look at this thread and someone ask the Guru a question and he answered it by saying it was due to all the blowouts from the prior year, when he and you both stated in the other thread it had nothing to do with last year. There's a clear contradiction. That's all I'm saying and now I'm done. Thanks..

  • Author
Shouldn't rankings be based on what's returning and not what happened last year?

 

The question I answered addressed NCC's program as a whole vs. the rest of the 2A programs as a whole.

The question I answered addressed NCC's program as a whole vs. the rest of the 2A programs as a whole.

 

Gotcha. Makes more sense now.

  • Author
Gotcha. Makes more sense now.

 

You and I are close to the same page and we both agree the Cards should be #1 in 1A. However, I think NCC is the solid #1 in 2A. And, westsider makes me mad too sometimes but I still "love" him.

Not complaining now, buddy. Sounds to me like your the one that needs to take a chill pill. Point is, can't have it both ways. I stated an opinion in another thread and because you didn't agree with it, you attacked me or, as you typically do, make yourself sound the all knowing God of HS football and anyone who disagrees a cry baby or idiot. I'm far from that and your better than thou opinions have grown stale. You, yourself, stated in that other topic that it had more to do with whats returning and not what happened last year. I simply stated my opinion on the matter. Now, I look at this thread and someone ask the Guru a question and he answered it by saying it was due to all the blowouts from the prior year, when he and you both stated in the other thread it had nothing to do with last year. There's a clear contradiction. That's all I'm saying and now I'm done. Thanks..
Again, you weren't questioning it when Mayfield was ranked #1 at the start of last season. Just pointing that out.

 

I don't care who is #1 and #2 right now, if ever. Since this isn't college football, it doesn't really matter.

=GHSFAN09;4115269]No Green or Glasgow I am a little shocked someone explain to me why?I am also surprised that both these teams are not in the top ten. Feel that as season goes along both these teams will be in the top ten.

Glasgow graduated 15 seniors and lost their quarterback and second leading rusher from a team that lost to a three-win Fort Knox team in the playoffs last year.

 

Green County lost several starters on the line as well as their quarterback and some skill people.

 

You are probably right. At some point, they both may enter the rankings. But neither team has everyone back from last year's teams -- neither of which advanced past the second round of the postseason

Glasgow graduated 15 seniors and lost their quarterback and second leading rusher from a team that lost to a three-win Fort Knox team in the playoffs last year.

 

Green County lost several starters on the line as well as their quarterback and some skill people.

 

You are probably right. At some point, they both may enter the rankings. But neither team has everyone back from last year's teams -- neither of which advanced past the second round of the postseason

 

Concerning Glasgow, this is not accurate. While they did graduate 15 seniors, only a handful of those seniors were major contributors. Offense: 3 starting lineman (all interior) and at least one missed several games due to injury; Leading rusher (missed 3 games and played injured for a majority of the season); fullback (part-time starter). Defense: 3 major contributors; plus 3 others that played some minutes.

 

A majority of the starters and almost all of the statistical leaders are back...including the quaterback. The players taking over for the departed seniors have either started several games or played significant minutes.

 

Also, concerning last season's loss in the playoffs, I don't care how good the team is, its difficult to win a ball game when you turn the ball over 5 times. That has been a huge motivational tool for this team in the off-season. Time to play some football.

Concerning Glasgow, this is not accurate. While they did graduate 15 seniors, only a handful of those seniors were major contributors. Offense: 3 starting lineman (all interior) and at least one missed several games due to injury; Leading rusher (missed 3 games and played injured for a majority of the season); fullback (part-time starter). Defense: 3 major contributors; plus 3 others that played some minutes.

 

A majority of the starters and almost all of the statistical leaders are back...including the quaterback. The players taking over for the departed seniors have either started several games or played significant minutes.

 

Also, concerning last season's loss in the playoffs, I don't care how good the team is, its difficult to win a ball game when you turn the ball over 5 times. That has been a huge motivational tool for this team in the off-season. Time to play some football.

Great analysis.

Just play. O'Cath wasn't in the top 10 last year and look what they did. Just play and who cares about the rankings. Hopefully we will see Glasgow get in the top 10 and keep running the table.

The Scribe...not sure where you are getting your information. Green Co. did not lose several lineman and definitely did not lose their quarterback. The facts are the Dragons lost

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.