Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2011 Class 2A Preseason Rankings

Featured Replies

1. Newport Central Catholic

2. Danville

3. Somerset

4. Owensboro Catholic

5. DeSales

6. Lexington Christian

7. Prestonsburg

8. Christion Academy-Louisville

9. Holy Cross

10. Bardstown

  • Replies 51
  • Views 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No Washington County? They beat bardstown last year and return 40+ players off of last years team.

I agree about Wash Co..I think Caldwell Co could also be a little underrated and could find themselves in the Top 10 as the season wears on, too...

  • Author

Doesn't Washington County have administration problems?

Doesn't Washington County have administration problems?

 

Don't know about that, but they do have new coaching staff on board. Still, they only lost I think two starters off last year's squad and as long as the new staff doesn't tinker too much with what worked last year, WC should be set up for another strong season.

 

The race for the D4 championship should be pretty entertaining.

No Green Co? They return 16 starters off a team that put up 62 points on Bardstown in the playoffs last season. Hmmm !!!

Murray lost alot last year, but, they do have some talented younger guys coming in. I think they should probably be in the discussion for Top 10, at worse..

No Green or Glasgow I am a little shocked someone explain to me why?

By this it appears Western Kentucky will have a down year in 2A football. Only 1 team in Region 1.

By this it appears Western Kentucky will have a down year in 2A football. Only 1 team in Region 1.

 

Murray will be down in comparison to the past 2 seasons, but, still has some young talent. Caldwell Co returns quite a few starters from last year and has a large roster, but, do lose there top 2 kids, there QB and RB. Crittenden will also field a pretty decent squad. I agree it'll be down, but, you also have to consider, it lost Ft Campbell and Trigg Co, 2 perennial contenders, to AAA, so, it'll be hard to replace them...

Murray will be down in comparison to the past 2 seasons, but, still has some young talent. Caldwell Co returns quite a few starters from last year and has a large roster, but, do lose there top 2 kids, there QB and RB. Crittenden will also field a pretty decent squad. I agree it'll be down, but, you also have to consider, it lost Ft Campbell and Trigg Co, 2 perennial contenders, to AAA, so, it'll be hard to replace them...
No doubt. The realignment plays a big role in it all. 2A has been the most competitive - top to bottom - the past few seasons and I am not seeing that changing all that much.

Murray lost something like 17 starters, and included among that (I think) was every lineman. That was the heart and soul of their team. Steve Duncan does a great job at Murray and he'll make sure they'll be competitive, but they won't be the contender-caliber team they were the last two years.

I agree Washington Co. should have a solid team; however they have a new coach and lost a very good performer in Quan Turner. A good test will be in the second game of the season when Washington Co. and Green Co. go head-to-head.

I believe that Green and Glasgow could beat 50% of the teams in this top ten...

  • Author
I believe that Green and Glasgow could beat 50% of the teams in this top ten...

 

Very possible.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.