Beck: Norway camp smacks of "Hitler Youth"

Were they? Do you know? Or are you just making an assumption? I'm sure if it was a conservative camp they would be hailed as patriots.

Again, this isn't about what went on at that camp. Dozens were murdered and none of them deserved to die, no matter what their political affiliation is. I just hate that Beck felt like he had to go there.

Please tell me I'm reading this wrong and you're NOT saying that was Beck's intent.

beck is ignorant and is so hard and boring to watch, he rambles on and on and never gets to the point. I never waste my time watching him.

I actually thought he had went off TV and was doing only radio. I must have misheard that.

No, I'm not saying that. But would he even bring it up?

He's a shock jock. Obviously the Hitler Youth Camps were well known indoctrination camps so he used them. I would imagine it's the first thing people think of when they hear something about a political camp. At least older people anyway. So it's the best way to describe something to someone, at least from his point of view. My guess anyway.

He's a shock jock. Obviously the Hitler Youth Camps were well known indoctrination camps so he used them. I would imagine it's the first thing people think of when they hear something about a political camp. At least older people anyway. So it's the best way to describe something to someone, at least from his point of view. My guess anyway.

If I recall from my history classes, anything Nazi and Hitler related was pro- Aryan race (blonde/blue-eyed). So if this insane shooter killed them because he was concerned the camp affilitation was supportive of Muslims, then the camp would not be Hitler/Nazi related? So Beck is then way off on his history if he claims a Hitler camp. If anything, the shooter was a Nazi/Hitler supporter.

Please educate me if I am way off base.

If I recall from my history classes, anything Nazi and Hitler related was pro- Aryan race (blonde/blue-eyed). So if this insane shooter killed them because he was concerned the camp affilitation was supportive of Muslims, then the camp would not be Hitler/Nazi related? So Beck is then way off on his history if he claims a Hitler camp. If anything, the shooter was a Nazi/Hitler supporter.

Please educate me if I am way off base.

Based on "Who does a camp for kids that's all about politics?", I think he was referring to it being like a political indoctrination camp in general, not a specific ideology.

:irked: Both Beck and Maher are pathetic , and anyone that dares to defend some of their outlandish statements are they themselves pathetic and worthy only of scorn :irked:

Gotta love the blanket statements. I am no Beck fan. Generally can't stand to watch his show. The over-the-top doom & gloom doesn't do anyone any good IMO. But he has presented a lot of very good, basic political concepts to the American people that have been lost over the last 50 to 100 years. The majority of TV pundits waste endless hours debating surface level issues, without getting to the more important underlying political/moral concepts. I don't give a dang weather taxes go up or down a few percent in either direction. It really doesn't make much difference. What I do care about, and what every American should IMO, is whether taxes are moral to begin with. It is right to take the money of one private citizen, at any percentage, and give it to another? Once you get past all the hyperbole, crying, etc, Beck generally gets down to the root of issues, which is where the real discussion should be.

:irked: Both Beck and Maher are pathetic , and anyone that dares to defend some of their outlandish statements are they themselves pathetic and worthy only of scorn :irked:

I like both of them. Don't agree with a lot of what Beck says and hardly anything at all with what Maher says, but they both say what others wouldn't and that makes me a fan of them. They are politically incorrect and half the reason they do it is to get under peoples skin. From the looks of it, they both do their job.