Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Who will get the Beechwood job?

Featured Replies

Doesn't Jeff Davis teach Special Ed? That guy should be a head coach somewhere.

 

Where did he last coach?

Edited by gold sunrise
fixing quote

  • Replies 51
  • Views 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is he? Experience? Why should he be a head coach?

 

He is the assistant at Simon Kenton. Coached AAU, players, Remey Able, Robbie Stenzel, G. Shanklin to name a few.

 

Where did he last coach?

 

Assistant at Simon Kenton at the present. Super great guy and good coach. Any school would be lucky to get him.

I don't care if it is a teacher or not! Just go for the best person for the COACHING JOB! Too many times coaches will use a small school as a short stop over and in the end it hurts the program and KIDS! Look at Bellevue, how many coaches have they had in basketball over the past few years?

What kind of talent does Beechwood have returning? and I hear they have asked people for interviews, does anyone know who has an interview?

If I was making the decision, I would be all over David McFarland. He will be a very good head coach someday soon.

What kind of talent does Beechwood have returning? and I hear they have asked people for interviews, does anyone know who has an interview?

 

Good talent coming back. If they were still in Division 1 of the NKAC, they would probably run the table again. But they are moving up to Division 2 so much more of a challenge in the schedule this year. They will be 6'5" across the front line and have a good point guard coming back. They should be solid and maybe better if they can find the points.

If I was making the decision, I would be all over David McFarland. He will be a very good head coach someday soon.

 

David would be a fantastic choice. He is mature beyond his age. I don't know if he would be interested but it would be a very good hire for Beechwood.

Doesn't Jeff Davis teach Special Ed? That guy should be a head coach somewhere.

 

Jeff is one of the top assistants in the state. He would be a fantastic hire for Beechwood. They would be getting the new trimmer version of Coach Davis!! LOL

Did McFarland and Davis apply? Where does Mcfarland coach at now?

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Davis would be a great choice but I cannot see him leaving if it is not the right fit. Plus he would have to leave his AAU coaching gig.

Did McFarland and Davis apply? Where does Mcfarland coach at now?

 

JV coach at Dixie.

Edited by gold sunrise
Fixing quote

Davis would be a great choice but I cannot see him leaving if it is not the right fit. Plus he would have to leave his AAU coaching gig.

 

He didn't coach AAU this summer.

Davis would be a great choice but I cannot see him leaving if it is not the right fit. Plus he would have to leave his AAU coaching gig.
As GS mentioned, he does not coach AAU anymore. But any HS coach can coach spring/summer ball as long as they are not coaching their own HS players.
Who has been running the summer stuff?

 

Shumate was before the "dead period".

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.