Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trevor Lacey

Featured Replies

Alabama could turn into a serious conference contender with Grant as the coach.

 

Perhaps but as long as Cal is at UK it's going to be his SEC title to lose year after year.

  • Replies 48
  • Views 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If its not Kentucky I'm glad he went with Bama, I like seeing a kid stay in state. UK and Kansas were much flashier options but at the end of the day kid wanted to stay home and be one of the center pieces for his home school. Lacey is a winner, a proven winner, and he wants to help put Alabama over the top and get them over the hump, cannot fault him for that at all. Best of luck, guy is as skilled of scorer as there is in the class (outside Rivers and Beal), reminds me somewhat of Meeks. Get him spotted up or off the screen and its going to be what I like to call a splash ball or splasharoo (or in english stripping the net).

That's funny because I could've sworn UK only had around 15 total guys in the NBA. Who knew everyone in the league went to UK?? :idunno:

 

Let me ask you this how many players does Cal have in the NBA and how many does grant? :ylsuper: How many top recruit has Bama had play in the NBA I can't think of any...Ronald Steele, Jamario Davidson, many other good players that never have made it...

If its not Kentucky I'm glad he went with Bama, I like seeing a kid stay in state. UK and Kansas were much flashier options but at the end of the day kid wanted to stay home and be one of the center pieces for his home school. Lacey is a winner, a proven winner, and he wants to help put Alabama over the top and get them over the hump, cannot fault him for that at all. Best of luck, guy is as skilled of scorer as there is in the class (outside Rivers and Beal), reminds me somewhat of Meeks. Get him spotted up or off the screen and its going to be what I like to call a splash ball or splasharoo (or in english stripping the net).

 

:thumb:

If its not Kentucky I'm glad he went with Bama, I like seeing a kid stay in state. UK and Kansas were much flashier options but at the end of the day kid wanted to stay home and be one of the center pieces for his home school. Lacey is a winner, a proven winner, and he wants to help put Alabama over the top and get them over the hump, cannot fault him for that at all. Best of luck, guy is as skilled of scorer as there is in the class (outside Rivers and Beal), reminds me somewhat of Meeks. Get him spotted up or off the screen and its going to be what I like to call a splash ball or splasharoo (or in english stripping the net).

 

I will say I can't argue with a good wanting to stay close to home. I just hope it doesn't cost him, and I don't mean that as a back handed compliment I just know that at times getting away and out of ones comfort zone can really push someone to excel.

Let me ask you this how many players does Cal have in the NBA and how many does grant? :ylsuper: How many top recruit has Bama had play in the NBA I can't think of any...Ronald Steele, Jamario Davidson, many other good players that never have made it...

 

Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, Antonio McDyess all come to mind.

Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, Antonio McDyess all come to mind.

 

Big Shot Bob!

Let me ask you this how many players does Cal have in the NBA and how many does grant? :ylsuper: How many top recruit has Bama had play in the NBA I can't think of any...Ronald Steele, Jamario Davidson, many other good players that never have made it...

 

No one is comparing it to UK first off. You're the one that made the crazy claim that he must not want to play in the NBA. At UK the NBA is 2-3 years off at least. He'd be behind Lamb, Miller, Teague, Gilchrist, Beckham, and potentially Poole next season at UK. With Bama, he's going to have the opportunity to showcase his skills to get there quicker, and do it in front of home.

 

Well yeah, it's hard to attract NBA talent to a place like VCU. He's been bringing in quite a bit of it at Bama though. Mitchell will play at the next level, so will Green, and possibly a couple years down the road Releford. Grant is going to turn Bama into UK's biggest threat in the SEC year in, year out. You can already see it happening with their run this past season and his recruiting hull this summer.

Huge pickup for Bama!

 

With the new guys coming in plus Releford, Mitchell, and Green coming back. Bama will be the #1 team in the West and probably #2 overall behind UK in the SEC. Coach Grant is doing an amazing job in Tuscaloosa.

If its not Kentucky I'm glad he went with Bama, I like seeing a kid stay in state. UK and Kansas were much flashier options but at the end of the day kid wanted to stay home and be one of the center pieces for his home school. Lacey is a winner, a proven winner, and he wants to help put Alabama over the top and get them over the hump, cannot fault him for that at all. Best of luck, guy is as skilled of scorer as there is in the class (outside Rivers and Beal), reminds me somewhat of Meeks. Get him spotted up or off the screen and its going to be what I like to call a splash ball or splasharoo (or in english stripping the net).

 

Agreed

Mo Williams, Gerald Wallace, Antonio McDyess all come to mind.

 

I didn't know they played for Grant at VCU

No one is comparing it to UK first off. You're the one that made the crazy claim that he must not want to play in the NBA. At UK the NBA is 2-3 years off at least. He'd be behind Lamb, Miller, Teague, Gilchrist, Beckham, and potentially Poole next season at UK. With Bama, he's going to have the opportunity to showcase his skills to get there quicker, and do it in front of home.

 

Well yeah, it's hard to attract NBA talent to a place like VCU. He's been bringing in quite a bit of it at Bama though. Mitchell will play at the next level, so will Green, and possibly a couple years down the road Releford. Grant is going to turn Bama into UK's biggest threat in the SEC year in, year out. You can already see it happening with their run this past season and his recruiting hull this summer.

 

You are off your Rocker if you think Twanny and Jared would be ahead of him...

I didn't know they played for Grant at VCU

 

Steele and Davidson didn't either, but you brought them up.

Some people want to be the big fish in a small pond..

 

That small pond is gonna get a little bit bigger adding 4 four stars and 1 five star with Releford, Mitchell, and Green.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.