Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Steve Wright to Southwestern, it is official

Featured Replies

  • Replies 33
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pardon the ignorance, but where is Southwestern? Is this a new school?

 

Southwestern HS is just outside of Somerset in Pulaski County. The school has been around since I was a freshman in high school which was the 1993-94 school year.

Pardon the ignorance, but where is Southwestern? Is this a new school?

 

Southwestern HS is just outside of Somerset in Pulaski County. The school has been around since I was a freshman in high school which was the 1993-94 school year.

 

It was officially called Pulaski Southwestern up until a few years ago when it officially became Southwestern High School. People around the 12th Region had called it "Southwestern" since it's inception, however.

I've heard some talk that Wright and South Laurel might not be opposed to a mutual parting, but Wright obviously isn't going to leave for just any job. Southwestern would be one to which I could see him making a move.

A great hire. I heard from my sources today that the press conference would be tomorrow evening. I guess this would make Brad Sizemore of Garrard County the front runner for the South Laurel job.

I think the biggest thing that might keep Wright from making the move would be money. I believe he makes a solid salary and has a relatively relaxed educational schedule now. Would Southwestern be able to provide something similar for him? We'll see.

I guess this would make Brad Sizemore of Garrard County the front runner for the South Laurel job.

 

I would say you are correct.

I would say you are correct.

 

I think it would be a no brainer for SL to hire Sizemore. The majority of the kids that are coming through the system have all been a part of his AAU programs and all loved playing for him. With that being said I'm sure the job at South Laurel will garner a lot of interest from some high profile coaches across the state.

What did I miss? Since when did Southwestern need a new coach? After going to the regional finals last year also? How did I miss this? Can someone fill me in?

A great hire. I heard from my sources today that the press conference would be tomorrow evening. I guess this would make Brad Sizemore of Garrard County the front runner for the South Laurel job.

 

 

That would be a huge blow to Garrard County. He has turned them around quickly and has them going in the right direction.

What did I miss? Since when did Southwestern need a new coach? After going to the regional finals last year also? How did I miss this? Can someone fill me in?

 

I can't remember if Shultz was fired or resigned, but it happened shortly after the postseason. The heat was on him from the start of the season; if you'll recall they actually underachieved all season then made a good run in the playoffs. But it always seemed like he was on his way out.

I can't remember if Shultz was fired or resigned, but it happened shortly after the postseason. The heat was on him from the start of the season; if you'll recall they actually underachieved all season then made a good run in the playoffs. But it always seemed like he was on his way out.

 

I remember people being upset with him. I just can't recall his dismissal. It'll be interesting to see how that factors into their results next year. Especially with the 12th region not having a clear cut favorite. I had Southwestern as my favorite but I don't feel like they are anymore. Wide. Open. 12th. Region. The title is there for the taking by at least 5 teams, IMO.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.