Photo of bin Laden???? When??

The US is worried it may upset the Middle East people, or too gruesome to show.

He was shot above the left eye and in the chest and his head partially destroyed.

It is no more gruesome than watching people jump out of the WTC. I say show it and show the terrorist what will happen to them.

Plus why take such good care of his body and bury it, it isnt like when they dragged our dead soldiers through the street that they cared how htery were buried.

Until the US show it, the conspiracys will go on.

Some I have heard are:

Killed body double, he was alreay dead for kidney failure

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/05/03/administration-weighs-release-bin-laden-photo-video/

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I, for one, AM worried about upsetting Bin Laden's followers in the Middle East. I think it's going to take some serious consideration. If you'll recall, there was some public outcry and there were retaliatory attacks in Iraq following the release of the photos of Uday and Qusay Hussein's dead bodies. Bear in mind we're trying to anticipate the reaction of people who, out of their own religious beliefs, find it fit to bomb and kill people in buildings, markets, and places of religious gathering. Their religious beliefs also state that their bodies are to be buried in a specific way in a specific timeframe. We killed Bin Laden "out of necessity" due to his active role in directing terrorist attacks on Americans. Obviously, this is going to anger those who follow him. Why not do what we can to prevent them from being any angrier than they already are? (e.g. - Burying Bin Laden's body in accordance with their religious law.) Burying his body in accordance with Islamic tradition accomplishes something...it is an attempt to show as little disrespect as possible to the radical Muslims who follow Bin Laden. It shows that we are not at odds with their beliefs, as they tell us time and time again that they believe we are. We are only at odds with their choice to terrorize the world.

I think back to 1993 and how mad I was when I heard about and saw about the bodies of dead US soldiers being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu after the US Army tried to go in and capture Somali warlords. I can't help but think that had I only read the headline that "soldiers died in a battle in Mogadishu after a military operation is foiled by Somali fighters", chances are I wouldn't have been as upset as I was by footage of their dead bodies being desecrated and paraded through the streets. I see a relatively similar situation with Bin Laden and his followers.

I saw Colin Powell get cornered by Wolf Blitzer yesterday about this--whether or not to release the photos. Powell tried (rightly) not to answer the question, but then added that no matter what decision is made, there will be people upset. You release the photos, you risk infuriating an already volatile and determined enemy. You don't release the photos, you risk stirring the pot even further with the conspiracy crowd.

As for me, I'm trusting my President's decision & will support his decision either way.

I saw Colin Powell get cornered by Wolf Blitzer yesterday about this--whether or not to release the photos. Powell tried (rightly) not to answer the question, but then added that no matter what decision is made, there will be people upset. You release the photos, you risk infuriating an already volatile and determined enemy. You don't release the photos, you risk stirring the pot even further with the conspiracy crowd.

As for me, I'm trusting my President's decision & will support his decision either way.

Exactly.

I hope we never see the photo(s). Nothing good can come from it and I would like for the US to be above the macabre. Let our actions show the Islamic that the US has high standards. For anyone who is a doubter and needs this for proof, my comment would be let me know when Bin Laden shows up alive somewhere and I will produce the photo to prove we got him.

Although, the US may be forced to show the pictures at some time. Our recent birther episode has proven that some people have little faith and need a higher level of proof.

If not for all of the lies and corruption in our government, people would have a reason to believe them, but the lies and corruption by our government has led to this mistrust.

I do believe we killed him, I just want to see the scum bag for what he did to our people.

I'd rather deal with the conspiracy theories than inflame things further. The right people, ours and theirs, know the truth.

I agree, I don't see any good that could come of it. People have seen video of man on the moon and still don't believe it, these types would just say it was photoshopped.

I agree, I don't see any good that could come of it. People have seen video of man on the moon and still don't believe it, these types would just say it was photoshopped.

I tend to agree. And besides...what are conspiracy theorists really going to accomplish? What are a bunch of people going to do when they believe that someone who is dead, isn't? He can't direct them. He can't push them forward. It's like a football team trying to operate with an imaginary coach...it won't work very well.

If they show it people still will say it is a fake, I still want to see it fake or not.

You say people won't believe it is real if they do release a photo of Bin Laden's body, yet you still want it released just so you can "see the scum bag". What is the use of releasing a photo and risking any additional anger to the networks of terrorists and al Quaeda operatives throughout the world if you don't think it's of any real use anyway?

I'd rather deal with the conspiracy theories than inflame things further. The right people, ours and theirs, know the truth.

Agree 100%. I personally have no desire to see a picture of anyone with half their head blown off.

Coming back from Georgetown this evening we happened upon an accident; probably 6 or 8 vehicles ahead of us; just off the Paris bypass on US 68. Within minutes there were 2 fire trucks, three ambulances and a bunch of police cars. We were routed through that little apartment complex just off the highway. I had no wish to rubberneck, and neither did my wife. However, there looked to be several folks walking out of their apartments to try to get a good view. I assumed from all the emergency vehicles that there was something there that merited their presence.