Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie Heights' Zeke Pike verbals with.....

Featured Replies

I do not assume our in state kids want to play for UK or UL. I mean why go play for a program (UK/UL) that has no tradition, good program, or rankings. That is the same thing as to why UK Basketball gets the best from everywhere. I dont blame kids for going to where they went to. I mean who would pick UK over USC or Auburn if you have high aspirations of winnig a Conference Championship or National Championship. UK/UL will never do it.

  • Replies 73
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not assume our in state kids want to play for UK or UL. I mean why go play for a program (UK/UL) that has no tradition, good program, or rankings. That is the same thing as to why UK Basketball gets the best from everywhere. I dont blame kids for going to where they went to. I mean who would pick UK over USC or Auburn if you have high aspirations of winnig a Conference Championship or National Championship. UK/UL will never do it.

 

I got confused when you said something getting a head coach that kids want to play for. However, the above tells me it's the lack of tradition and not the head coach.

I say UK needs a coach that will keep it fun adn get good recruits in.

 

I vote for Mike Leech, he gets good players adn runs a offense kids like. He is available.

Kiehl Frazier (4 star incoming freshmen to AU) 6'3 runs 4.57

Now why would Pike go to AU and have to compete vs this guy.

 

Why not come to Uk and beat out Towles to become the UK QB, I am guessing it isnt because he is scared of competiton, just not wanting to play for UK is my guess. That is why we need a coach that kids in KY want to come play for, a coach who doesnt lose out on the best in state recruits and have to go to other states to get leftovers.

 

First of all nice attempt at a back door approach at taking a shot at Towles, second joker has been at UK for 1 year. You act as if the coach is the ONLY reason a kid chooses a school .

Pike would not have attended UK if Bear Bryant were the coach with Joe Paterno and Bowden as his assistants. The same is true about UL, UC or any other school within an hour or two of N. Ky. Zeke wants to get away from the area. If you want to know a big reason why, read a few of the threads on here and it will become very clear.

First of all nice attempt at a back door approach at taking a shot at Towles, second joker has been at UK for 1 year. You act as if the coach is the ONLY reason a kid chooses a school .

 

No shot at Towles, I think he will be a very good QB, I was actually refering to another poster about competion and how Pike must not be afraid of it. I am sure Towels will be a good QB in college. So before you acuse a backdoor shot, I have no reason to think anything bad about Towels, he is from an great program and coach.

 

Yes kids do pick schools some times due to coaches. (calapari)

Pike would not have attended UK if Bear Bryant were the coach with Joe Paterno and Bowden as his assistants. The same is true about UL, UC or any other school within an hour or two of N. Ky. Zeke wants to get away from the area. If you want to know a big reason why, read a few of the threads on here and it will become very clear.

 

I would say you are correct.

 

What's worse? Ejections and T's and shouting matches with a coach or being banned by your school from participating in school activities for a while?

No shot at Towles, I think he will be a very good QB, I was actually refering to another poster about competion and how Pike must not be afraid of it. I am sure Towels will be a good QB in college. So before you acuse a backdoor shot, I have no reason to think anything bad about Towels, he is from an great program and coach.

 

Yes kids do pick schools some times due to coaches. (calapari)

 

I guarantee you there is not 1 case where someone chose UK just for cal. If cal were at Thomas more john wall would not go there

I guarantee you there is not 1 case where someone chose UK just for cal. If cal were at Thomas more john wall would not go there

 

 

I do believe wall could have picked any school, but Cal was who he wanted to play for. Thomas Moor or UK, no brainer.

 

i hope Towels is as good as you think. good in HS dont mean good in college, I believe UK has some good players who were 4 stars in HS (Boyd) (WR) and now cant sniff the field.

I do believe wall could have picked any school, but Cal was who he wanted to play for. Thomas Moor or UK, no brainer.

 

i hope Towels is as good as you think. good in HS dont mean good in college, I believe UK has some good players who were 4 stars in HS (Boyd) (WR) and now cant sniff the field.

 

I'll put my money with Towels over Pike any day. All the best to Pike. But I'm really glad Towels is at Kentucky and I'm confident at what he will bring to the table .

 

As to the bolded part, it goes both ways. I'm still not sure Pike is not more of an Athlete then QB. I also see the personnal advisor , whoever that may be, advising Pike on how to handle the press after his little miss que at the 7 on 7. All the best. Hope he learned a valuable lesson before it is too late.

I do believe wall could have picked any school, but Cal was who he wanted to play for. Thomas Moor or UK, no brainer.

 

i hope Towels is as good as you think. good in HS dont mean good in college, I believe UK has some good players who were 4 stars in HS (Boyd) (WR) and now cant sniff the field.

 

I have never given my opinion on Towles.

I have never given my opinion on Towles.

 

You dont have to give your opinion, how you said it says it all when you felt I was putting him down.

 

Trevor Lacy has said he wants to come to UK to play for Cal because he can develop players for the NBA. So much for not coming for a coach.

Ok, back to the topic. When was the last time that a kid from NKY signed w/ the defending National Champs.

We had 12 NCs when Shaun signed with us, and won one in 1993. He signed in 1995 I think. The NCAA has us down for 17 NCs. But we don't count some of those. 13 is were we are at.

 

No comment on Auburn, (Cam stuff still going on) but hope he does well most of the time.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.