Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What would be your all time Duke team.

Featured Replies

Hurley was the perfect PG at Duke. No way I'd have anyone above him at PG.

 

I guess it depends on what you look for in a PG. I really loved watching Hurley play, but J. Williams was unstoppable!

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jason Williams

Nolan Smith

Grant Hill

Shane Battier

Carlos Boozer/Brand

 

Bench:

Hurley

Reddick

Duhon

Laettner

Singler

Sheldon Williams

Mike Dunleavy

Dawkins

Ferry

Jason Williams

Nolan Smith

Grant Hill

Shane Battier

Carlos Boozer/Brand

 

Bench:

Hurley

Reddick

Duhon

Laettner

Singler

Sheldon Williams

Mike Dunleavy

Dawkins

Ferry

 

If I may ask how old are you?

Josh McRoberts. In a word? Legendary.

I'd have:

PG- Jay Williams- Best Duke player of my lifetime IMO since I don't count Laettner or Hill as being in my lifetime because I was too young to care.

SG- JJ Redick, this one was close with a number of players

SF- Grant Hill- Can I say that I think his college career seems underrated?

PF- Laettner- Best Dukie of all-time IMO.

C- Elton Brand- Someone had to play center. I thought he was better in college than Boozer was.

Hurley was the perfect PG at Duke. No way I'd have anyone above him at PG.

 

Hurley most definitely was everything you want in a point guard but like FCT said Jason Williams is everything I want in my point guard. He's my favorite Dukie and my 2nd favorite overall.

Hurley most definitely was everything you want in a point guard but like FCT said Jason Williams is everything I want in my point guard. He's my favorite Dukie and my 2nd favorite overall.

 

Fully realizing it's like arguing over supermodels I'd take the pure PG on a true all-star team including taking the all-time NCAA assist leader.

Josh McRoberts. In a word? Legendary.

 

 

 

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hurley most definitely was everything you want in a point guard but like FCT said Jason Williams is everything I want in my point guard. He's my favorite Dukie and my 2nd favorite overall.

 

Jay Williams is one of my favorite college basketball players of all-time. He is the reason I'm one of the most neutral to Duke UK fans in the world. Loved watching him play, wish we could have seen what he could do at the next level.

Josh McRoberts. In a word? Legendary.

 

We do not speak his name,

I would think that the Alaskan Assassin would have to be a great back up to Reddick. Even though he didn't pan out in the NBA he was HUGE while he was at Duke.

  • Author
Hurley was the perfect PG at Duke. No way I'd have anyone above him at PG.

 

I put him as 1A. Jay was a better player, but Hurley was the better PG. I believe he is the all time leader in assists.

  • Author
I would think that the Alaskan Assassin would have to be a great back up to Reddick. Even though he didn't pan out in the NBA he was HUGE while he was at Duke.

 

I forgot about Trajan Langdon.

  • Author
I put him as 1A. Jay was a better player, but Hurley was the better PG. I believe he is the all time leader in assists.

 

A side note to this, the top three assist leaders in the NCAA come from Duke, NC State and UNC...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.