Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What would be your all time Duke team.

Featured Replies

Now now calm down everyone... Look at this from a college stand point and be objective. Everyone knows you hate Duke and so do I because as a UNC fan, we are their real rival. Now back to the point of this thread. If you had to pick the best starting 5, who would you pick?

 

5. Laettner - not a true center, but a great college post player.

4. Brand

3. Grant Hill - if I had to pick a favorite Duke player, he would be it. Always respected Hill.

2. JJ Redick - Did he ever miss a 3?

1. I went with Jay Williams, but Hurley would be 1A.

  • Replies 42
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Same five as you:

 

Jason Williams

J.J. Redick

Christian Laettner

Elton Brand

Grant Hill

Now now calm down everyone... Look at this from a college stand point and be objective. Everyone knows you hate Duke and so do I because as a UNC fan, we are their real rival. Now back to the point of this thread. If you had to pick the best starting 5, who would you pick?

 

5. Laettner - not a true center, but a great college post player.

4. Brand

3. Grant Hill - if I had to pick a favorite Duke player, he would be it. Always respected Hill.

2. JJ Redick - Did he ever miss a 3?

1. I went with Jay Williams, but Hurley would be 1A.

 

I will give it a try and just name a 13 man roster:

 

Guard: Jay Williams

Guard: Bobby Hurley

Guard: JJ Reddick

Guard: Jeff Mullins

Guard: Johnny Dawkins

Forward: Grant Hill

Forward: Art Heyman

Forward: Elton Brand

Forward: Christian Laettner

Center: Mike Gminski

Center: Danny Ferry

 

I cheated and went with an extra guard and only 2 centers cause Laettner could play in the post and Dawkins is too good to leave off. Tried to go as far back to the past as I could but could not find a spot for Dick Groat on the team. :thumb:

 

Make up any starting five out of those and you've got a good one. (I know, I'm a coward)

  • Author

Boozer could have been on that list.

G:JJ Redick- Dont need to ask why

G: Jay Will- If he would have just made that free throw(You Dukies know).

F/G: Mike Dunleavy- Enjoyed watching him play ALOT

F/G: Shane Battier- Just an all around great player

C/F: Laettner- You know

6th Man: Chris Duhon- Dont know what it was about him but I just LOVED his game. One of my favorite Dukies.

 

As to my list, keep in mind I am only 20 years old(21 in less than a month) and I have only seen and remember what I've been able to watch in my time, therefore my list in comprised mainly of 2000-Present.

Boozer could have been on that list.

 

In all honesty, who would you take off? Boozer was a great player but no greater than Laettner, Hill, Heyman, Gminski or Ferry. Maybe take off Brand for Boozer but I felt Brand was very much the better Sophomore than Boozer in college.

G:JJ Redick- Dont need to ask why

G: Jay Will- If he would have just made that free throw(You Dukies know).

F/G: Mike Dunleavy- Enjoyed watching him play ALOT

F/G: Shane Battier- Just an all around great player

C/F: Laettner- You know

6th Man: Chris Duhon- Dont know what it was about him but I just LOVED his game. One of my favorite Dukies.

 

As to my list, keep in mind I am only 20 years old(21 in less than a month) and I have only seen and remember what I've been able to watch in my time, therefore my list in comprised mainly of 2000-Present.

 

Mainly. :lol: The only one not is Laettner. It's a good list for your time frame though Grizzly. :thumb: I just didn't think that much of Dunleavy.

I am going

 

1. Jason Williams

2. JJ Redick

3. Grant Hill

4. Shane Battier

5. Christian Laettner

 

Bench:

 

Johnny Dawkins

Elton Brand

Carlos Boozer

Mike Dunleavy

Danny Ferry

Kyrie Irving

Bobby Hurley

 

I have to have a bench as well. I can't just name 5.

I am going

 

1. Jason Williams

2. JJ Redick

3. Grant Hill

4. Shane Battier

5. Christian Laettner

 

Bench:

 

Johnny Dawkins

Elton Brand

Carlos Boozer

Mike Dunleavy

Danny Ferry

Kyrie Irving

Bobby Hurley

 

I have to have a bench as well. I can't just name 5.

 

Great list...can't think of anyone to Mike Dunleavy's place.

Great list...can't think of anyone to Mike Dunleavy's place.

 

Thanks. He was always one of my favorites. I don't know why. Probably video game influenced. I always enjoyed watching him play for some reason. He was slow and weak but he could shoot and he always seemed to hit the big 3 when needed. He was smooth and seemed to end every game with 17 points.

Kind of funny to not see Singler's name yet knowing he is one of top 5 scorers of all time at Duke. Thinking of some of the names that are deserving of being in anyone's top 5 or whole team is amazing.

 

Of course the same goes for UK and UNC as well. I guess.:D

 

 

Just kidding. Just kidding.:lol::ylsuper:

  • Author
Kind of funny to not see Singler's name yet knowing he is one of top 5 scorers of all time at Duke. Thinking of some of the names that are deserving of being in anyone's top 5 or whole team is amazing.

 

Of course the same goes for UK and UNC as well. I guess.:D

 

 

Just kidding. Just kidding.:lol::ylsuper:

 

Those are coming...

Hurley was the perfect PG at Duke. No way I'd have anyone above him at PG.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.