Track the NL Central Champion Reds (Week 4)

I'm new to BGP, but I've heard nothing but good things about the organization here. I am happy to be involved. Hopefully the bats can get rolling again tonight to help LeCure get his first win, seeing as he is certainly deserving of one with how he's been pitching.

Welcome to BGP Zlatan !

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remind me how many games it took last year before a starting pitcher registered a win. No worries here.

The Reds did not have a starting pitcher pick up a victory last year until game # 16 - April 22... Mike Leake. Leake snatched another W six days later. He walked away with another on May 9th. And another on May 15th.

Remind me how many games it took last year before a starting pitcher registered a win. No worries here.

Why do you think that is? Do you think that maybe Dusty does a bad job of prepearing the staff for the start of the season? He has never been known as a manager that handles pitchers well. Personally I don't think they get enough work in the spring. I know that there were some issues with a few of them but if pitchers come in physically in shape there is no reason to believe that they can't be ready to throw 7 innings by the start of the season. We've talked about that on this site several times. Pitcher's arms are like any muscles in that they need to be stretched out in order to get maximum effort from them. Look at the aces in the league. Most of them are ready to go out and throw 120 pitches and complete a game. This staff can't get through 6 innings with less than 100 pitches. Maybe I think these starters are capable of more than they really are but you can't baby a pitchers arm. The arm has to be worked like any other muscle.

I'm new to BGP, but I've heard nothing but good things about the organization here. I am happy to be involved. Hopefully the bats can get rolling again tonight to help LeCure get his first win, seeing as he is certainly deserving of one with how he's been pitching.
Yes, welcome to the site.

So I expect big things from you soon. :D

Yes, and I expect big things as well. Assuming I get a little action today between 12 and 5.

And for the record, how the frig do people stay in business with this "between the hours of 12 and 5" bull?

And another thing while I'm at it. Already kinda miffed at DirectTV. I ordered the whole package including the internet service. The tech guy gets there to install, not only was it not on his work order, nor did he have the equipment in his van to accomodate that request, but he informs me that the service isn't even available where we are. He says that DirectTV would then call a local provider (cable) and have it installed and include it all on our bill, with a middle man charge of course. So, not only have I had no internet service for over 2 weeks because it takes eons to get the cable people out here to work on your junk, I was sold a bill of goods. I berated everyone I talked to on the 1-800 highway I traveled with directTV. I told one that it's a good thing they weren't local, cause I'd have been coming over.

And another thing while I'm at it. Already kinda miffed at DirectTV. I ordered the whole package including the internet service. The tech guy gets there to install, not only was it not on his work order, nor did he have the equipment in his van to accomodate that request, but he informs me that the service isn't even available where we are. He says that DirectTV would then call a local provider (cable) and have it installed and include it all on our bill, with a middle man charge of course. So, not only have I had no internet service for over 2 weeks because it takes eons to get the cable people out here to work on your junk, I was sold a bill of goods. I berated everyone I talked to on the 1-800 highway I traveled with directTV. I told one that it's a good thing they weren't local, cause I'd have been coming over.

You tried to order the satellite internet as well from DTV? You might be better off because I have heard it was terrible.