Seneca Grad DeMarcus Smith Asks to be Released by UCF

All Tell

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is my take on it the kid wants to go to UL he is recruited over with all the hype over Bridgewater and decides to go where they are showing some love and where he will start meanwhile spring practice begins at UL and reports are that Bridgewater is a little slow to pick things up and that Stein is going to be the starting QB at which Smith and friends say you can go to UL beat out Stein and be the starting QB after all. He then asks for a release and that's where we are.

As I recall, he didn't pass the NCAA requirements to play at UL this upcoming season after graduating early from high school. Is this correct? If so, even if he was released by UCF and went to UL, could he play?

This is my take on it the kid wants to go to UL he is recruited over with all the hype over Bridgewater and decides to go where they are showing some love and where he will start meanwhile spring practice begins at UL and reports are that Bridgewater is a little slow to pick things up and that Stein is going to be the starting QB at which Smith and friends say you can go to UL beat out Stein and be the starting QB after all. He then asks for a release and that's where we are.

Yet again, you post negative about Louisville......the rumors about him wanting out, started about 3 days after he signed. We all knew their incumbent starter wasn't going to to switch positions, even though that's what he said. I still feel he has to live with his action of signing an LOI, but from what I have been told, you couldn't be further from the truth.

As I recall, he didn't pass the NCAA requirements to play at UL this upcoming season after graduating early from high school. Is this correct? If so, even if he was released by UCF and went to UL, could he play?

To enroll in January, he should be fine for the fall.

Yet again, you post negative about Louisville......the rumors about him wanting out, started about 3 days after he signed. We all knew their incumbent starter wasn't going to to switch positions, even though that's what he said. I still feel he has to live with his action of signing an LOI, but from what I have been told, you couldn't be further from the truth.

There is nothing negative about UL in this post you are looking for something thats not there, just my take on things.

• 4 months later...
DaMarcus Smith did not qualify at UCF and is now likely headed to JUCO...

He did not qualify at UCF? Really? I'm only halfway joking. :D

Does this null and void his commitment, or is he still beholden to the Knights when he completes JUCO?

He did not qualify at UCF? Really? I'm only halfway joking. :D

Does this null and void his commitment, or is he still beholden to the Knights when he completes JUCO?

He'll likely head to JUCO and then be free to go wherever he chooses after a year. If I were making a prediction, I'd probably say he ends up at Louisville after a year.

I've heard that Brandon Bender, the former Ballard basketball player, is somehow associated with USF and has been instrumental in getting Louisville players to at least consider USF. Anyone have any insight on this?