March 30, 201115 yr Didn't Coach O'Leary get a second chance for his job after messing up at another school?
March 30, 201115 yr This is my take on it the kid wants to go to UL he is recruited over with all the hype over Bridgewater and decides to go where they are showing some love and where he will start meanwhile spring practice begins at UL and reports are that Bridgewater is a little slow to pick things up and that Stein is going to be the starting QB at which Smith and friends say you can go to UL beat out Stein and be the starting QB after all. He then asks for a release and that's where we are.
March 30, 201115 yr I think he should go to JuCo for one year. As a full-qualifier I think he would only have to go there one season. He could even maybe greyshirt at U of L if that is where he wanted to go, and pay his way for the 2nd semester.
March 31, 201115 yr As I recall, he didn't pass the NCAA requirements to play at UL this upcoming season after graduating early from high school. Is this correct? If so, even if he was released by UCF and went to UL, could he play?
March 31, 201115 yr This is my take on it the kid wants to go to UL he is recruited over with all the hype over Bridgewater and decides to go where they are showing some love and where he will start meanwhile spring practice begins at UL and reports are that Bridgewater is a little slow to pick things up and that Stein is going to be the starting QB at which Smith and friends say you can go to UL beat out Stein and be the starting QB after all. He then asks for a release and that's where we are. Yet again, you post negative about Louisville......the rumors about him wanting out, started about 3 days after he signed. We all knew their incumbent starter wasn't going to to switch positions, even though that's what he said. I still feel he has to live with his action of signing an LOI, but from what I have been told, you couldn't be further from the truth.
March 31, 201115 yr As I recall, he didn't pass the NCAA requirements to play at UL this upcoming season after graduating early from high school. Is this correct? If so, even if he was released by UCF and went to UL, could he play? To enroll in January, he should be fine for the fall.
March 31, 201115 yr This kid is on his way to being a big flop, so much hoopla and so far he has not done a dang thing positive as a football player.
March 31, 201115 yr Yet again, you post negative about Louisville......the rumors about him wanting out, started about 3 days after he signed. We all knew their incumbent starter wasn't going to to switch positions, even though that's what he said. I still feel he has to live with his action of signing an LOI, but from what I have been told, you couldn't be further from the truth. There is nothing negative about UL in this post you are looking for something thats not there, just my take on things.
March 31, 201115 yr ^ But you know absolutely NOTHING about the situation.....why speculate so vaguely?
April 1, 201115 yr If it has to do with PT, why in the world would he think Godfrey was going to switch positions? If Godfrey was going to play anything other than QB he would have went to UF, Miami or FSU.
August 8, 201115 yr DaMarcus Smith did not qualify at UCF and is now likely headed to JUCO... He did not qualify at UCF? Really? I'm only halfway joking. Does this null and void his commitment, or is he still beholden to the Knights when he completes JUCO?
August 8, 201115 yr A LOI is only valid for 1 year. He will be free to go where ge wants when he leaves Juco
August 8, 201115 yr He did not qualify at UCF? Really? I'm only halfway joking. Does this null and void his commitment, or is he still beholden to the Knights when he completes JUCO? He'll likely head to JUCO and then be free to go wherever he chooses after a year. If I were making a prediction, I'd probably say he ends up at Louisville after a year.
August 9, 201115 yr I've heard that Brandon Bender, the former Ballard basketball player, is somehow associated with USF and has been instrumental in getting Louisville players to at least consider USF. Anyone have any insight on this?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.