Anthony Hickey Christian Co. Sr. 5-11 G

SECOND TEAM

Timmy Knipp Elliott Co. Sr. 6-8 F

Lyonell Gaines Eastern Sr. 6-6 F

Hobo McCoy Pike Co. Central Sr. 5-10 G

Tony Kimbro Jeffersontown Sr. 6-5 F

Robbie Stenzel Clark Co. Sr. 6-4 G

HONORABLE MENTION

Ben Madon, Bell Co.; Jordan Akins, Whitley Co.; Jordan Shanklin, Warren Central; Ryan Taylor, Western; Chris Freeman, Muhlenberg Co.; Donovan Kates, Christian Co.; Kameron Woods, Eastern; Taylor Martin, Lexington Catholic; Ryan Fucci, Tates Creek; Codi Roberts, Clay Co.

Anthony Hickey--Player of the year--Christian Co

Kerry Stovall--Coach of the year--Christian Co

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/26/1684484/rockcastle-countys-hammond-named.html#ixzz1HiCb8jTx

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FIRST TEAM

Player School Yr. Ht. Pos.

Chane Behanan Bowling Green Sr. 6-6 PF

George Fant Warren Central Sr. 6-6 PF

Remy Abell Eastern Sr. 6-4 SF

Devante Parker Ballard Sr. 6-3 G

Anthony Hickey Christian Co. Sr. 5-11 G

SECOND TEAM

Timmy Knipp Elliott Co. Sr. 6-8 F

Lyonell Gaines Eastern Sr. 6-6 F

Hobo McCoy Pike Co. Central Sr. 5-10 G

Tony Kimbro Jeffersontown Sr. 6-5 F

Robbie Stenzel Clark Co. Sr. 6-4 G

HONORABLE MENTION

Ben Madon, Bell Co.; Jordan Akins, Whitley Co.; Jordan Shanklin, Warren Central; Ryan Taylor, Western; Chris Freeman, Muhlenberg Co.; Donovan Kates, Christian Co.; Kameron Woods, Eastern; Taylor Martin, Lexington Catholic; Ryan Fucci, Tates Creek; Codi Roberts, Clay Co.

Anthony Hickey--Player of the year--Christian Co

Kerry Stovall--Coach of the year--Christian Co

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/03/26/1684484/rockcastle-countys-hammond-named.html#ixzz1HiCb8jTx

Who can tell me more about the bolded players. I am with Westsider, 3 from that region. No one from Scott Co?

Congrats to Robbie Stenzel of GRC for making the list.

Please. This list has no credibility to me.

Ryan Taylor being Honorable Mention is a joke! Kentucky hardly produces college talent, and it's even more rare that it ends up at a school like Louisville.

Where's Arman Marks (Eastern, James Madison), Zach Price (Jeffersontown, Louisville)? Vinny Zollo (Clark County, Western Kentucky)? Marcellus Barksdale (Tates Creek, IUPUI)? Kevin Shaw (Seneca,??)?

They'd eat the lunches of almost any of the honorable mention candidates.

I grew up in the 13th and have never heard of the kid from Whitley Co. Roberts was widely regarded as the third best player on his team behind Hooker and Mitchell. Madon was good and made history at Bell Co, but he'd struggle to start for some of the top Louisville/Lexington programs. Very good high school players... yes; but, better that some of the other players they were selected over??????

There are plenty of players I've omitted too. Think Treg Setty - Mason County, Southern Illinois; Cory Rogers - George Rogers Clark; Tamron Manning - Scott County, Quinten Snider - Ballard, Derek Willis - Bullitt East, or any of the really good bigs in the Northern Kentucky area like Geisler, Thelen, etc.

Heck, I'm starting to think that, top to bottom, you could find a collection of players who weren't selected that are better than the ones who were. And to think, these names were off the top of my head.

Edited by JokersWild24

Ryan Taylor being Honorable Mention is a joke! Kentucky hardly produces college talent, and it's even more rare that it ends up at a school like Louisville.

Where's Arman Marks (Eastern, James Madison), Zach Price (Jeffersontown, Louisville)? Vinny Zollo (Clark County, Western Kentucky)? Marcellus Barksdale (Tates Creek, IUPUI)? Kevin Shaw (Seneca,??)?

I grew up in the 13th and have never heard of the kid from Whitley Co. Roberts was widely regarded as the third best player on his team behind Hooker and Mitchell. Madon was good and made history at Bell Co, but he'd struggle to start for some of the top Louisville/Lexington programs. Very good high school players... yes; but, better that some of the other players they were selected over??????

There are plenty of players I've omitted too. Think Treg Setty - Mason County, Southern Illinois; Cory Rogers - George Rogers Clark; Tamron Manning - Scott County, Quinten Snider - Ballard, Derek Willis - Bullitt East, or any of the really good bigs in the Northern Kentucky area like Geisler, Thelen, etc.

Heck, I'm starting to think that, top to bottom, you could find a collection of players who weren't selected that are better than the ones who were. And to think, these names were off the top of my head.

Great post. No disrespect to the players that were HM but look at the list of those left off. Looks like disrespect to them.

For the record, Kameron Woods (Eastern), Ryan Fucci (Tates Creek), and Taylor Martin (Lexington Catholic) are three players that I definitely felt were deserving. Look at what Butler is doing in the NCAA right now, and if Kentucky is sending 'Honorable Mention' talent to that program, then we're producing tons of talent. The last gem Butler found in Kentucky was a guy named Shelvin Mack. He's not turned out so bad for them.

Also, does anyone have an update on Shaw of Seneca? I saw him last year against Scott County (matched up with Guyn) and thought he held his own for the most part. Really good player, whom I understand has a younger brother that is a big part of what Trinity has for next year. Are any schools looking at him as of right now?

There are some glaring omissions, but are you saying top to bottom you could find better players that aren't listed than the entirety of the team, or just honorable mention. Honorable mention, that I could roll with. Entirety of the team, not a chance.

There are some glaring omissions, but are you saying top to bottom you could find better players that aren't listed than the entirety of the team, or just honorable mention. Honorable mention, that I could roll with. Entirety of the team, not a chance.

More of a second team to honorable mention top-to-bottom. You aren't going to find a collection of guys like Behanan, Abell, Hickey, Fant, and Parker left off because these guys are so obvious that even the voters in this list everyone is bashing could see them. Behanan being a McDonald's All American alone kind of settles the first team debate almost by itself.

A few more names: DeOndre McWhorter - Moore, Jermaine Jackson - Iroquois, Jordan Shanklin - Warren Central, Josh Forrest - Paducah Tilghman, Devon Rowan - North Oldham, Brandon Hatton - Dixie Heights, Taylor Barnette - Lexington Christian, Scott Schuette - Lexington Catholic.

Looking through the names, it seems like this was a really 'up' year for Kentucky's basketball talent. Tough job for any committee to pick from so many names, and didn't wanna bash anyone selected, because they are all good players. There were certainly some names I expected to see on there that were omitted though.

Indeed an outstanding post JK24 and you have to wonder how many HS players that these AP writers actually saw play this year, than the ones they voted for! I sometimes wonder why these types of list aren't required to say who voted, where they are from and who they voted for. It just might make these types of list more creditable!