A.P. Kentucky All State Team

A lot of good players were definitely left off and some odd selections made it. I also think that this was a better than average year for talent in this state. But it almost certainly will not be good enough to beat IN but that doesn't mean that this year was not more talented than usual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam Wing from Rowan County not getting any recognition is crazy. He wore it out at state tournament and out played some of the names listed above. He was a monster.

I agree.... still no respect for Rowans Adam Wing

I agree.... still no respect for Rowans Adam Wing

I agree that Wing is a good player, but just because he had some good games in the state tournament doesnt necessarily make him one of the states top players. I believe he will be there next season though.

I agree that Wing is a good player, but just because he had some good games in the state tournament doesnt necessarily make him one of the states top players. I believe he will be there next season though.

I am not basing Wing's performance solely on his state tournament games, but rather the whole season in which he played against several of the players on the list.

I am refering to the POY voted on by the coaches in the 10th region. Believe that is a very good indicator. On the state all-tourney team.....To my knowledge you had to win one game to qualify(which I don't agree with) then if your team lost and you had a player selected they were announced after that game. Cory's stats were very good for the 2 games he played and deserved to make all tourney team.

Not all schools/coaches are members of the KABC and therefore do not get to vote. This was brought up when some Rose Hill players didn't win the award a few years back in 16th.

Hard for GRC to get all their players on the all-state team.

Not all schools/coaches are members of the KABC and therefore do not get to vote. This was brought up when some Rose Hill players didn't win the award a few years back in 16th.

Hard for GRC to get all their players on the all-state team.

Believe most coaches belong to the KABC in the 10th region.

Agree on having so many talented players on one team, then some are left off.

They will be coming out with 2 more All State Teams tomorrow ,so we will start this all over again, on who should be and who shouldn't be. The Courier Journal and the Lex Herald. I guess they still have those teams. I always thought the Courier Journal always had the best and most accurate all state team. I think the A.P. is the most prestigious.

Edited by The Old Bull Dog