Preseason Mr. Football?

uk#1fan

Who do you think is Preseason Mr. Football?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think is Preseason Mr. Football?

• Zeke Pike, Dixie
    • Josh Harris, Mason County
    • Travis Elliott, Ryle
    • Patrick Towles, Highlands
    • J.J. Jude, Johnson Central
    • Vincent Miller, Henry Clay
    • Other

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

If Jude ends up being the All-Time leader in rushing yards for KY and has two 3,000 + yard rushing seasons in a row, what justification is there for saying he's not the "best" player in Ky? Please don't get me wrong, I've watched Towles and I believe he is an exceptional athlete. Playing within the system at Highlands doesn't give you the same type of stats that he could have elsewhere but being the ALL-TIME leader in rushing yards for KY has to count for something? I haven't watched Pike so I can't comment on him.

I needed to clarify that I fully understand that JJ has to have another season like last season to make this argument valid. Noone knows for sure if he can do that but if he does then this is my argument.

Edited by jude
Forgot a point.

If Jude ends up being the All-Time leader in rushing yards for KY and has two 3,000 + yard rushing seasons in a row, what justification is there for saying he's not the "best" player in Ky? Please don't get me wrong, I've watched Towles and I believe he is an exceptional athlete. Playing within the system at Highlands doesn't give you the same type of stats that he could have elsewhere but being the ALL-TIME leader in rushing yards for KY has to count for something? I haven't watched Pike so I can't comment on him.

I needed to clarify that I fully understand that JJ has to have another season like last season to make this argument valid. Noone knows for sure if he can do that but if he does then this is my argument.

Jude might be a good player but I don't think he would have problems putting them numbers up in 6A. That is why I think Elliot is better plus Elliot will be a 4 year starter and a stud on defense. He switches around on defense playing LB, DE, and NT. Not to many kids can do all that.

The justification is simple. Weight, speed, and competition that those numbers are going up against. Mr. Football is supposed to be the best football player in the state. Jude is a great player, but he is not a division one athlete.

The justification is simple. Weight, speed, and competition that those numbers are going up against. Mr. Football is supposed to be the best football player in the state. Jude is a great player, but he is not a division one athlete.

Not being a "D1" talent shouldn't automatically make him a non factor in the race.

Danville's Patrick Brand is coming off of an outstanding season. He rushed for over 2,500 yds and led the Ads to the semi-state game against O-Cath in which they fell short. I wonder why he isn't a top name in this conversation??

In the last ten years , Mr. Ky Football has come from these schools:

Trinity

Boyle

St. X

Hopkinsville

Fort Campbell

Loan Oak

2000 Montrell Jones

2001 Jeff Duggin

2002 Micheal Bush

2003 Brian Brohm

2004 Curtis Pulley

2005 Micah Johnson

2006 Doug Beaumont

2007 Corey Robinson

2008 Duece Finch

2009 Antonio Andrews

2010 Lamar Dawson

Only three, Bush, Brohm and Johnson have gone on to the Pros.

From 1990 til 2000 5 Mr. Kentucky's went on to play in the Pros.