Mick Cronin

LCDAWGS19

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arkansas is very interested in Mick. While I don't think he will leave UC, it will come down to the higher ups doing what it takes to make sure the program is taken care of. That includes a budget that doesn't FORCE them into scheduling how they had to this year and upgrading the money paid to assistants. If there is no change in acting like a mid major from a financial standpoint, I could certainly see him leaving...

Interesting.

Arky can offer a lot that UC can't in my opinion.

Money

Fervent fan base for hoops particularly if he could hang onto recruits and start tapping Memphis area.

Top notch facility.

The SEC West is really down and could compete right away with Grant and Bama. Easier climb in SEC than BE.

Arkansas is very interested in Mick. While I don't think he will leave UC, it will come down to the higher ups doing what it takes to make sure the program is taken care of. That includes a budget that doesn't FORCE them into scheduling how they had to this year and upgrading the money paid to assistants. If there is no change in acting like a mid major from a financial standpoint, I could certainly see him leaving...

UC is in a major hole money wise aren't they?

Wasn't there attendance worse this year than last year?

Wonder where Mick ranks in Arkansas's eyes?

he also may see this as his opportunity to leave while his stock is "up"

Kind of combining your thoughts in two threads here, but do the crowds have to come back full force to allow the money to be freed up to schedule like Mick wants and get his assistants more money? Kind of the classic what comes first question-the outlay of cash and then come the crowds, selling of the merchandise, or the other way around?

UC is in a major hole money wise aren't they?

Wasn't there attendance worse this year than last year?

Wonder where Mick ranks in Arkansas's eyes?

Yes, but you have to spend money sometimes to make money. They gave him a shoestring budget, forced the cheapest buy games possible and then couldn't draw a crowd. Mid major attitude begets mid major profits.

See above.

Very high on their list...