March 17, 201115 yr I just heard he's a candidate for the Arkansas job?? GT, any validity to it at all?
March 17, 201115 yr Arkansas is very interested in Mick. While I don't think he will leave UC, it will come down to the higher ups doing what it takes to make sure the program is taken care of. That includes a budget that doesn't FORCE them into scheduling how they had to this year and upgrading the money paid to assistants. If there is no change in acting like a mid major from a financial standpoint, I could certainly see him leaving...
March 17, 201115 yr Interesting. Arky can offer a lot that UC can't in my opinion. Money Fervent fan base for hoops particularly if he could hang onto recruits and start tapping Memphis area. Top notch facility. The SEC West is really down and could compete right away with Grant and Bama. Easier climb in SEC than BE.
March 17, 201115 yr Arkansas is very interested in Mick. While I don't think he will leave UC, it will come down to the higher ups doing what it takes to make sure the program is taken care of. That includes a budget that doesn't FORCE them into scheduling how they had to this year and upgrading the money paid to assistants. If there is no change in acting like a mid major from a financial standpoint, I could certainly see him leaving... UC is in a major hole money wise aren't they? Wasn't there attendance worse this year than last year? Wonder where Mick ranks in Arkansas's eyes?
March 17, 201115 yr Author Arkansas is very interested in Mick. While I don't think he will leave UC, it will come down to the higher ups doing what it takes to make sure the program is taken care of. That includes a budget that doesn't FORCE them into scheduling how they had to this year and upgrading the money paid to assistants. If there is no change in acting like a mid major from a financial standpoint, I could certainly see him leaving... he also may see this as his opportunity to leave while his stock is "up"
March 17, 201115 yr Arkansas is very interested in Mick. While I don't think he will leave UC, it will come down to the higher ups doing what it takes to make sure the program is taken care of. That includes a budget that doesn't FORCE them into scheduling how they had to this year and upgrading the money paid to assistants. If there is no change in acting like a mid major from a financial standpoint, I could certainly see him leaving... Kind of combining your thoughts in two threads here, but do the crowds have to come back full force to allow the money to be freed up to schedule like Mick wants and get his assistants more money? Kind of the classic what comes first question-the outlay of cash and then come the crowds, selling of the merchandise, or the other way around?
March 17, 201115 yr UC is in a major hole money wise aren't they? Wasn't there attendance worse this year than last year? Wonder where Mick ranks in Arkansas's eyes? Yes, but you have to spend money sometimes to make money. They gave him a shoestring budget, forced the cheapest buy games possible and then couldn't draw a crowd. Mid major attitude begets mid major profits. See above. Very high on their list...
March 17, 201115 yr If UC spending money is a requirement isn't it safe to say that if Ark offers he's gone?
March 17, 201115 yr he also may see this as his opportunity to leave while his stock is "up" Has NOTHING to do with it. Cincinnati is his dream job, but he isn't stupid...
March 17, 201115 yr If UC spending money is a requirement isn't it safe to say that if Ark offers he's gone? They offered BK more than ND did. Just sayin'...
March 17, 201115 yr They offered BK more than ND did. Just sayin'... That's salary. I'm talking about the other items you mention. Can UC afford to spend the required money on them?
March 17, 201115 yr That's salary. I'm talking about the other items you mention. Can UC afford to spend the required money on them? They can't afford not to. That's what it comes down to...
March 17, 201115 yr I get the feeling the U. of Tennessee job will be open, too. But I wouldn't have any idea whether there is any mutual interest.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.