POY: Kemba Walker/Jimmer Fredette

Never said the SEC was weak, as the East is obviously solid and deep outside of South Carolina, but nice try. There is no argument that the West did nothing to help themselves OOC as they lost to a lot of bad teams. Outside of Bama having a nice conference season that side of things stunk. Anything weak with that? Not a chance. Next.

But keep on trashing the best player and conference in America. No grounds for the argument, but keep making it... :lol:

Best Player again Jimmer and Smith may have something to say about that . Best Conference maybe but we will see how they do outside of their conference when they hit the the Tourney .

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't Hansbrough get Big East POY? How does a guy win National POY and not get it in his own conference?

That said, my opinion on Kemba Walker hasn't changed since Maui. He's the POY. I didn't see anyone better in college hoops this year. In addition to posting great numbers and driving UConn's season, he made his teammates better, provided leadership and stability to a team with young talent, and was money in the clutch.

Big East is great at quality depth with good teams but IMO we will not see a Big East team in the Final Four because none of these teams are GREAT...

This may be a first but I agree with you ,They are a good conference that just absolutely beats the daylights out of each other game in and game out .

Big East is great at quality depth with good teams but IMO we will not see a Big East team in the Final Four because none of these teams are GREAT...

Agree that none of the teams are GREAT, but really who is this year? Ohio State is the closest to that, but I still think they are only slightly better than very good. Wouldn't be shocked to see anywhere from zero to two BEast teams playing in the final weekend...

Never said the SEC was weak, as the East is obviously solid and deep outside of South Carolina, but nice try. There is no argument that the West did nothing to help themselves OOC as they lost to a lot of bad teams. Outside of Bama having a nice conference season that side of things stunk. Anything weak with that? Not a chance. Next.

But keep on trashing the best player and conference in America. No grounds for the argument, but keep making it... :lol:

Give the SEC four more teams and we shall see. The Big East is good because they have so many teams.

This is a tough decision to make; both are obviously tremendous players. However, I think I'd give a slight edge to Walker due to playing the way he has with consistency in the Big East. If it were not for that, my decision could have went the other way.

Nolan Smith has already won Yahoo Player of the Year. He should be mentioned with these two as well. I am biased so I would take Nolan for leading the Blue Devils after Kyrie Irving went down and becoming the first player to lead the ACC in scoring and assists. He has been nothing short of remarkable all year, every game including the losses and Duke has been a top team all year because of Nolan Smith as Kyle Singler has been sporadically good. It is plausible that Nolan may win some of the POY awards and not Jimmer or Kemba.

If I have to choose between Kemba and Jimmer then I am going with Kemba easily. His resume against top competition compared to Jimmer's speaks for itself.

Jimmer! First of all I like the was Jimmer sounds. Secondly, Walker may play in the toughest conference but Jimmer has to comply with the " BYU code of conduct". Imagine playing the way he does without sex, caffeine, or cursing. Unbelievable!

:lol:

Valid point... :lol:

Jimmer! First of all I like the was Jimmer sounds. Secondly, Walker may play in the toughest conference but Jimmer has to comply with the " BYU code of conduct". Imagine playing the way he does without sex, caffeine, or cursing. Unbelievable!

I know, how does he do it. Or maybe he is like George Constanza. No sex makes him perform and think better.

Good point about the SEC West; this side of the conference is significantly weaker than the East, which is why many consider the conference weaker than many overall.