Kentucky 75 Mississippi 66

Bluto

There was an altercation with Liggins and Buckner and Matt Jones says no punches were thrown. Not saying it is right or wrong but just saying.

Matt Jones probably enjoys the trash talk and poor sportsmanship.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like what Miller has done down the stretch. He's always been able to create his own shot but too often he was missing those floaters in the lane. He seems to have a bit more confident with his ability to score on those lately. Another good sign is they were able to win and hold a lead the entire game without Jones being a factor. Hood made some nice hustle plays but how he missed a wide open bunny amazed me, it's all about confidence and he seemed to be worried about possibly getting pinned against the boards. With Miller and Jones limited in the first and Vargas once again wasn't even good enough to stay on the court, Cal tried but he may as well have played with four on the floor. The one sequence when he screened for Knight two or three times I kept thinking, flash to the hoop, no one is guarding you but he didn't.

Matt Jones probably enjoys the trash talk and poor sportsmanship.

Buckner popped off in the line after the game I saw it happen when it happened. Do you really believe only Liggins was trash talking?

Jones simply said no punches were thrown. It's the same account others including Matt May has given. Actually Buckner had to be restrained by his teammates. So two different witnesses said that the number of punches thrown were equal to Buckners point total, 0.

With that said, Liggins needs to tone in down a notch.

Edited by Koun Dog

Buckner popped off in the line after the game I saw it happen when it happened. Do you really believe only Liggins was trash talking?

Jones simply said no punches were thrown. It's the same account others including Matt May has given. Actually Buckner had to be restrained by his teammates. So two different witnesses said that the number of punches thrown were equal to Buckners point total, 0.

No Reggie has attitude problems so I'm sure it was both ways, usually takes 2 to tango no doubt it took 2 here.

Ole Miss made that run in the 2nd half to get back in the game and this time U.K. stepped up and stopped it, took the game back instead of folding and give the game away. I don't know how far this team can gp but the Cats are playing their bes basktball now, when it counts.

Harrellson gave another "hard hat" work game he imo had another solid effort on the boards, getting in correct position and adding some points underneath. I can'tsay enough anout him, Josh just goes out every night and plays with heart an desire, he does the things that help this team win but go unnoticed. Liggins had another solid defensive game. Brandon Knight had another great effort, he stuck a couple of big shots late, Lamb imo stepped up with again and imo Miller is becoming the leader that alot of us thought he would be.

Tournament time- survive and advance. Cats have to come back tommorrow with another huge game to get a W over Bama and move on in CATlanta!

GO BIG BLUE!!!

No I definitely don't believe Reggie kept his mouth shut he's a mouthed anyways.

Anyone else think Jones did a better job of not forcing as much once he seen he was having a bad game? Sure he still took 5 or so bad bad bad shots but earlier in the year that would have been 15 or 20.

Not really. He is a mess actually. 3 of 11 from the field and 1 for 3 from the line. I thought he threw the whole team off what rhythm they developed each time he came back in or took a dumb shot.

Liggins said he responded in kind to the trash talking.

Much ado about nothing. We want our players to battle as if there is nothing more important than that game and then 30 seconds after we expect them to be Boy Scouts? Unrealistic.

Coach Cal kept saying how Knight and Jones didn't play well over and over, but Knight played good defense and took control late in the game to get the win. Jones was well ...... Knight's game was much better than Jones. Lamb came out of his slump too. He doesn't get enough credit. Miller had a great game even with the foul trouble and Jorts had a solid effort too. Team rebounding was awesome. 3 with 7 and 2 with 6. Good win. UK needs Jones to step up today against Bama.

Coach Cal kept saying how Knight and Jones didn't play well over and over, but Knight played good defense and took control late in the game to get the win. Jones was well ...... Knight's game was much better than Jones. Lamb came out of his slump too. He doesn't get enough credit. Miller had a great game even with the foul trouble and Jorts had a solid effort too. Team rebounding was awesome. 3 with 7 and 2 with 6. Good win. UK needs Jones to step up today against Bama.

Hard to someone played "well" going 5/15.