Walton Verona 40 Anderson County 39

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of the key players are his responsiblity.

Knowing all but two of the top 9 players have been playing together for years in AAU, Luebble not included in this team, I too am questioning this comment. You might as well give him the credit for 8th POY Gayheart too, who has played with this AAU team since it was formed YEARS ago?

Some of the key players are his responsiblity.

Not too sure you know what you are talking about - what "key" players are his responsibility? He hasn't been involved with this group of girls' for years if ever for some of them. The congrats goes to the coaches and staff and ultimately to the girls'. They played their hearts out this entire tournament. They showed exactly what hard work and desire can do. The glory is theirs to enjoy - not everyone else who wants a part of it. Best of luck Ladycats!!!!

Does anyone know how they determine the MVP?

The only one who may have been playing when Luebbe was coaching was Dixon, and maybe not even her. Luebbe has never been involved with the others.

I may be wrong but a lot of tournaments the Coach of the Winning team gets the choice.

There was a committee who selected the All Tournament Team and MVP. The coach had no say in it.

Are you certain? I'm fairly certain that's not the way it was done in the past. (although certainly, it could have been handled differently this year...) I have heard that at least two teams did not submit their nominations for the all-tournament team and that this is why Collins and Gallatin did not have players on the all-tourney team(?) Did each team have a "representative" on this committee?

We (Pegasus) were confused as to why there were four representatives from each of the finalists - five for the winners, if you count the MVP - as up until this year, the formula was one player from each team that lost in the first round, two players from each team that lost in the semi-finals, and three players from each of the finalists. I never much cared for this "politically correct" way of making the picks, but...

This year we had a very interesting situation in which 9 of the players from the finalists made the team.

With all this talk about who gets the credit for WV winning, there is a quote from John Wooden (I think) that should put things in perspective.

"It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit."

I would bet that the players and coaches don't care who gets credit for their accomplishments, or tourney MVP.

With all this talk about who gets the credit for WV winning, there is a quote from John Wooden (I think) that should put things in perspective.

"It's amazing what can be accomplished when no one cares who gets the credit."

I would bet that the players and coaches don't care who gets credit for their accomplishments, or tourney MVP.

To add a corollary...The championship teams typically care the LEAST. :lol:

Does anyone have a listing of the region all tournament team? MVP awards many times go to seniors over underclassman, not sure if that is what happened here or not. In my opinion, Sandlin should have gotten MVP for the tournament- she came up HUGE in the last two games. 9/10 is alot from two teams- I think I like the way they use to do it CM.