Walton Verona 40 Anderson County 39

Congrats to the Lady Cats for such a wonderful accomplishment. It was an exciting game and they kept battling until the last second. Good luck on Wednesday against Bowling Green. I would also like to congratulate Anderson Co. for having a great year. The coaches and players showed a lot of class all year. I'm sure they will be back for a few years.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the girls and the staff. I really don't think they care who they are playing in the big dance. While they only lose one player for next year, they have the talent to repeat. It won't be easy since the regional tournament is at Anderson.

Gallatin did a great job of hosting the regional tournament; many thanks to Jon Jones and Linda Edmondson. The crowds were tremendous especially from Walton Verona and Owen County, the 2 "A" schools. I always wonder why South Oldham and Anderson don't follow their outstanding team any better than they do.

Not only is coach Miller a very good coach he is a even better person and has shown nothing but class in spite of all the silly scrutiny played out online despite winning the A twice, region finals appearance and now a region championship in his 3 years. There is alot of talent there but sometimes alot of talent is hard to coach for various reasons. WV should be proud to have some a classy person who is also a good coach.

Not only is coach Miller a very good coach he is a even better person and has shown nothing but class in spite of all the silly scrutiny played out online despite winning the A twice, region finals appearance and now a region championship in his 3 years. There is alot of talent there but sometimes alot of talent is hard to coach for various reasons. WV should be proud to have some a classy person who is also a good coach.

It cannot be said any better than you said it, TMC. A great and positve post, and best of luck to the Lady Bearcats.

Also I think the fans of the WV program owe a huge amount of appreciation to Dan Sullivan! Not only has he helped coach Miller by serving as his top assistant coach, but a few years ago he developed a grade school program at Walton, not only allowing these kids to play other schools, but also receive alot of good coaching & developing fundamentals of the game. Dan has devoted a tremendous amount of his time & effort having open gyms, working with summer coaches, & coacing summer ball himself!

He has never been a guy that wants any credit, but I for one think alot the success both the girls & boys programs @ WV have enjoyed & the tremendous young talent we have in the program now is in part a direct result of the developement program started by Coach Sullivan!

If people knew what Coach Miller had to do to get Coach Sullivan on his bench, they would love him even more. Took a lot of work.