Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCC 42 Highlands 30

Featured Replies

36th District at Bellevue

 

Highlands ........................2 8 5 15 30

Newport Central Catholic...6 4 14 18 42

 

Highlands -- Abner 2, Conner 10, Hisse 3, Schaefer 7, Daley 1, Dunn 6, Bryson 1.

 

Newport Central Catholic -- Huber 5, Thiem 3, Bartels 11, Ciafardini 2, Muench 8, Kiernan 13.

What is it about these two teams that makes their games against one another so ugly. 10-10 at half.

What is it about these two teams that makes their games against one another so ugly. 10-10 at half.

 

Its the Defense. It was one ugly game to say the least. Two very competitive programs that couldnt spell their own names tonight. Odd, very odd. The girls gave it their all from both teams but I must say it was a bit difficult to watch at times.

The most exciting part of the night was the cheerleading dual between the two schools during timeouts. NCC girl would run out and do 2 or 3 cartwheel jumpie twist or whatever they call it and the Highlands girl would try and one up her performance. NewCath won the BB game but Highlands won the gymnastics dual. WOW! that little 4'-5 girl for Highlands can get it done.

Congrats to NewCath on the win and good luck to both teams in the Region.

This was one of the most painful games to watch, at least the first half, in a long time. Both teams "couldn't hit the ocean standing on the beach" in this one. Both teams missed many easy gimme's and missed bad from the outside. Many turnovers forced and unforced. The difference in this one, Nicole Kiernan (tourney MVP), besides her 13 pts. her ability to rebound & block shots gave Highlands fits all game. Congrats also to Olivia Huber who also made the all tourney team, she filled in for Theim and Meunch who were in foul trouble in the 1st minute or two of the 3rd quarter. If both teams play like this in the regional they'll get beat like a red-headed stepchild.

 

Also, who was the guy sitting behind Coach Ritchie? Her husband maybe? I had fun watching his antics, yelling and screaming at the officals, a couple times thought his head would pop off he was so PO'd.

Ncc is playing great going into the region and Nikki Kiernan is playing her best ball of the season. If they are going to make a run for the region she will have to be the difference.

 

Fryer didn't get in the box score did she have a bad night?

Nice win Breds!

This was one of the most painful games to watch, at least the first half, in a long time. Both teams "couldn't hit the ocean standing on the beach" in this one. Both teams missed many easy gimme's and missed bad from the outside. Many turnovers forced and unforced. The difference in this one, Nicole Kiernan (tourney MVP), besides her 13 pts. her ability to rebound & block shots gave Highlands fits all game. Congrats also to Olivia Huber who also made the all tourney team, she filled in for Theim and Meunch who were in foul trouble in the 1st minute or two of the 3rd quarter. If both teams play like this in the regional they'll get beat like a red-headed stepchild.

 

Also, who was the guy sitting behind Coach Ritchie? Her husband maybe? I had fun watching his antics, yelling and screaming at the officals, a couple times thought his head would pop off he was so PO'd.

 

 

If you were on the NewCath side looking over at the guy behind Coach Richey then thats too bad because you didnt get to see what I saw from my side. The "Four Hoarsemen" women in the white shirts sitting together on the NC side were equally fun to watch and entertaining. The one lady with the scarf around her neck was borderline pyscho to say the least. LOL.

 

Also, who was the guy sitting behind Coach Ritchie? Her husband maybe? I had fun watching his antics, yelling and screaming at the officals, a couple times thought his head would pop off he was so PO'd.

 

Big guy? Probably Mr. Ritchie. He needs to learn some control. I've heard from fans at games that said they almost walked out of the game because he made it so unbearable.

10-4 on that information Clyde.

Are we really crying about a fan??? Let keep this thread on the hard play of the girls last night.

Are we really crying about a fan??? Let keep this thread on the hard play of the girls last night.

 

I don't think ANYONE is crying about a fan. I simple asked if anyone knew who the man behind Coach Ritchie was! I love watching fans make a "donkey" out of themself.

I don't think ANYONE is crying about a fan. I simple asked if anyone knew who the man behind Coach Ritchie was! I love watching fans make a "donkey" out of themself.

 

The officiating was worse than the play last night. I didn't in my opinion determine the outcome of the game, but it was pathetic! I think that probably what was so upsetting to the fan you referenced in your earlier post.

The officiating was worse than the play last night. I didn't in my opinion determine the outcome of the game, but it was pathetic! I think that probably what was so upsetting to the fan you referenced in your earlier post.

 

So the officials forced HHS into 24 TOs and held them to 16% shooting from the floor? Come on man.

If you're getting fouled and lose the ball that's a turnover, if the foul isn't called. It's also hard to shot while getting hand checked too. That being said, both teams fouled all night and very little was called and a tight whistle would favors new cath style of play. Good luck to both teams next week.

I don't think ANYONE is crying about a fan. I simple asked if anyone knew who the man behind Coach Ritchie was! I love watching fans make a "donkey" out of themself.

 

That might be a little strong there my friend. He might have made a "Burro" out of himself but not a donkey. LOL.

 

I talked to Coach Dawn for just a minute after the game and he agreed that this is the very reason the BC teams hate playing the CC teams. Slow, slow, slow and zone, zone, zone.

 

Again, the game I watched was "ODD". Nothing about it was pretty or exciting except the Cheerleaders. LOL.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.