Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NBA Trade Deadline Movers and Shakers

Featured Replies

^ Yeah I'm just giving the foremost info.

  • Replies 66
  • Views 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OJ Mayo to the Pacers for Josh McRoberts.

 

Trade did not happen in time.

  • Author

Very, very active deadline.

I'm thinking the Thunder just became alot better. They're a threat in the West now IMO, but I'd still put them behind LA and San Antoinio.

^ I don't think it makes them THAT much better but it helps.

^ I don't think it makes them THAT much better but it helps.

 

It takes care of their biggest weakness. I agree with Cats, they're now a serious contender out West.

  • Author

I think Ibaka steps up enough for OKC that having Perkins is now a luxury as long as he stays healthy. Nick Collison is going to give you some great hustle and effort off the bench at the four spot, and Nate Robinson is going to give the backcourt a lot of scoring off the bench that they have needed.

I think Ibaka steps up enough for OKC that having Perkins is now a luxury as long as he stays healthy. Nick Collison is going to give you some great hustle and effort off the bench at the four spot, and Nate Robinson is going to give the backcourt a lot of scoring off the bench that they have needed.

 

I disagree. Ibaka just is not big enough to play center at a high level for a series against the Lakers. Perkins was a need as far as I'm concerned. Nick Collison is terrible, worst big man in a rotation for a team in the West IMO and that includes Matt Bonner.

^ I don't think it makes them THAT much better but it helps.

 

I think it makes a huge difference for the Thunder. They got beat by LA last year because of the Lakers size as much as anything. Experience not doubt played a part, but they weren't going to beat LA in a 7 game series because they just were not big enough. Outside of Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah, I think Perkins is the best defensive true center in the league, though I may be missing someone. If he's healthy I think it makes a huge difference. If they were a year older I'd make them my favorite to win the West.

I think it makes a huge difference for the Thunder. They got beat by LA last year because of the Lakers size as much as anything. Experience not doubt played a part, but they weren't going to beat LA in a 7 game series because they just were not big enough. Outside of Dwight Howard and Joakim Noah, I think Perkins is the best defensive true center in the league, though I may be missing someone. If he's healthy I think it makes a huge difference. If they were a year older I'd make them my favorite to win the West.

 

It's tough to lose your 3rd leading scorer and get a shoot first backup pg that did well with Boston because of the veteran leadership there and a defensive big man and not expect it to take a while to figure out where that scoring will come from. I would have made the deal if I were OKC though too.

  • Author
I disagree. Ibaka just is not big enough to play center at a high level for a series against the Lakers. Perkins was a need as far as I'm concerned. Nick Collison is terrible, worst big man in a rotation for a team in the West IMO and that includes Matt Bonner.

 

I was talking about Ibaka stepping in the starting rotation for Green at the 4.

It's tough to lose your 3rd leading scorer and get a shoot first backup pg that did well with Boston because of the veteran leadership there and a defensive big man and not expect it to take a while to figure out where that scoring will come from. I would have made the deal if I were OKC though too.

 

Two words: Serge Ibaka

 

Dude has an unreal amount of upside. He's a huge part of the reason I see the Thunder as the preseason West favorites next year.

Two words: Serge Ibaka

 

Dude has an unreal amount of upside. He's a huge part of the reason I see the Thunder as the preseason West favorites next year.

 

Didn't you say that this year?

 

 

Edit...

 

It was for 2 years from now.

Didn't you say that this year?

 

No, I said in 2 years the Thunder and Clippers would be the two best teams in the West. I still stand by that statement.

No, I said in 2 years the Thunder and Clippers would be the two best teams in the West. I still stand by that statement.

 

Bold...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.