Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

9th Region Favorites

Featured Replies

Are the favorites these teams (in order)????

 

1- Dixie Heights

2- Boone Co.

3- NCC

4- Holmes

5- Ryle

6- Holy Cross

7- Cov Cath

 

with any one of the 7 winning the Regional title???

  • Replies 68
  • Views 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of these 7 won't even make it into the contest.

Are the favorites these teams (in order)????

 

1- Dixie Heights

2- Boone Co.

3- NCC

4- Holmes

5- Ryle

6- Holy Cross

7- Cov Cath

 

with any one of the 7 winning the Regional title???

 

This year is really a pull-a-name-from-the-hat year but:

 

1. NCC

2. Dixie

3. Boone

4. Holmes

5. CCH

6. Ryle

7. HC

Clyde: NCC is good, don't get me wrong, but I believe you have them a bit too high. In my humble opinion, a good coach with decent talent can beat them. Still there is parity this year, fo' sure.

Clyde: NCC is good, don't get me wrong, but I believe you have them a bit too high. In my humble opinion, a good coach with decent talent can beat them. Still there is parity this year, fo' sure.

 

My rationale:

 

Region tourney games are low-scoring pound-it-inside affairs/strong D wins games. NCC fares well because a)Geisler and b)they do not have to use much bench. Add in a strong guard in Highchew and I'll take them as a slight fave.

 

However, as I prefaced my previous post, it's WIDE open.

1) Dixie (I give Dixie a slight edge over New Cath. I think the larger floor at BOK arena wil benefit Hatton.)

2) New Cath

3) Holmes

4) Boone Co

5) Ryle

6) Cov. Cath.

7) Holy Cross

1) Dixie (I give Dixie a slight edge over New Cath. I think the larger floor at BOK arena wil benefit Hatton.)

2) New Cath

3) Holmes

4) Boone Co

5) Ryle

6) Cov. Cath.

7) Holy Cross

 

I find the "larger floor" theory interesting. Unless you mean he has more room to shoot the 3 then I'm not sure I buy that theory.

 

If I want to play man against him but I'm concerned about his ability to get by my guard then I just simply tell them to not start guarding until about 21 feet. Why does the extra 5 feet in the front court have an impact?

1) Dixie (Have to give them the nod as the slight favorite in the wide open 9th region - I agree with Flotsam - lplaying at BOK will benefit Hatton and Red Colonels - excellent point)

2) NCC (Have 2 great players in Geisler and Hightchew - personally think they match up well against most of these teams, with exception of Dixie, but I could be wrong).

3) Boone Co

4) Holmes

5) Ryle

6) Holy Cross

7) CCH

Clyde - That is just it I think - more room to operate, especially off the dribble and off ball screens IMO. I could be wrong but I see Flotsam's point.

1) Dixie (Have to give them the nod as the slight favorite in the wide open 9th region - I agree with Flotsam - lplaying at BOK will benefit Hatton and Red Colonels - excellent point)

2) NCC (Have 2 great players in Geisler and Hightchew - personally think they match up well against most of these teams, with exception of Dixie, but I could be wrong).

3) Boone Co

4) Holmes

5) Ryle

6) Holy Cross

7) CCH

 

I am not saying Dixie should not be the favorite, but why does the larger floor give them an advantage? In fact, I may go so far as to say it could hurt them as more than one person said to me that they appeared to be getting winded in the game last nite. Yea, I know you are going to say they were under the weather, but this time of year, every team has guys under the weather.

Clyde - That is just it I think - more room to operate, especially off the dribble and off ball screens IMO. I could be wrong but I see Flotsam's point.

 

If I don't come out and guard Hatton beyond 21 feet why does it matter if you have more room? The "more room" is the extra 5 feet in length and a few feet wider. If Dixie wants to put a player 3 feet deeper or 2 feet wider have at it. I'm not guarding you out there until you prove I have to.

Point taken - agree to disagree.

 

So what part of my argument do you disagree with? Do you think that a team will come out further on Hatton , thus, giving him more room? Do you think Dixie's shooters can make longer 3s now that they will have more room?

Clyde - why do you have Cov Cath ahead of both Ryle and Holy Cross - just curious? - I'm assuming you like Cov Cath against HC the 2nd time around in the first round of districts?

 

I know CCH beat Ryle very early in the year by 8 or 10 if I recall but I think Ryle has played great the last 3 weeks while CCH seems to be fading a bit?

I think Hatton is good enough to still blow by "most" guys even if you played 3 feet off him. It's not all a matter of guarding the 3 pt line.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.