Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 65 Covington Catholic 56

Featured Replies

Have a good thought and prayer for Coach Listerman who missed this first game in a long time if ever as he had surgery to repair his torn bicep tendon torn while trying to stop Conner Machinot from crashing into our broadcast table. He listened to the game and sent us emails through his wonderful wife Jean. It was killing him not being there. Hope for a speedy recovery and hope to see him Saturday at Boone.

 

I'm impressed and this is why these guys love coaching kids. Coaches catch so much flack but should be appreciated more. Godspeed on the recovery coach.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

[ATTACH]33407[/ATTACH]

 

Matt Bohmer and family.... Former coach.

 

Really puts things in perspective. Best wishes and prayers to him and his family.

I love Jake Thelen's game and his constant busting of his big rump(I say that affectionately) but I'd have to seriously consider voting for Hatton as POY. Who has a more complete game?

 

Without a doubt the player with the more complete game is Geisler. Geisler scores, rebounds and plays great defense. He does it all. Hatton, Thelen, Trevan Brown, Kellen Smith ... all excellent but Geisler is just a notch or two above them.

Without a doubt the player with the more complete game is Geisler. Geisler scores, rebounds and plays great defense. He does it all. Hatton, Thelen, Trevan Brown, Kellen Smith ... all excellent but Geisler is just a notch or two above them.

 

I dont agree. Hatton IMHO is the most complete player in the region and probably in NKY. He is one of the smoothest basketball players I have seen in awhile in NKY. The kid can score in bunches, out rebound alot of people, and he plays some great defense. He has really picked up his defense in the past year and it is a asset to his success. IMO I think he is the only player that can take over a game whenever he wants to. There is no kid in the 9th region that can guard him one on one without him scoring somehow.

Can the POY be a non senior?

Sportsfan 99 - I want to first say that I probably agree with you about Hatton being the most complete player. The kid can do a lot of things well and has a great all around game. That being said, to say no kid in the 9th region can guard him one on one w/o him scoring is a little much I think. I realize it was only 1 game but last Saturday night against Holy Cross, his line score was - 8 pts, 5 reb, 0 assists and 4 turnovers...I understand it was only 1 game, but to say he is unstoppable is a little much. Again, I love the kid, he is outstanding.

 

POY is between 4 guys: Hatton, Geisler, Thelen or T Brown.... I would give a slight edge to Geisler over Hatton at this point.

Without a doubt the player with the more complete game is Geisler. Geisler scores, rebounds and plays great defense. He does it all. Hatton, Thelen, Trevan Brown, Kellen Smith ... all excellent but Geisler is just a notch or two above them.

 

Giesler might win POY but no way "notch or two" above Smith & Hatton when talking about "complete game". Statistics just don't back up that statement. N Ky POY is a three horse race right now between those three and it probably comes down to postseason success.

I believe Hatton ended up with 25. Hatton only played 2 minutes in the second Qtr due to 2 fouls. I believe Thelen sat out alot of the second Qtr due to 2 fouls as well. Thelen is a very good player who plays 110% the entire time he is on the floor.

 

Hatton and Thelen both got 2 fouls. Jake sat out about half of the first quarter and all of the 2nd quarter.

You missed quite the show if you missed the JV game. Nick Fredrick had in the low 20s plus some nice assists. I had him as 5/7 from 3.

I believe Hatton ended up with 25. Hatton only played 2 minutes in the second Qtr due to 2 fouls. I believe Thelen sat out alot of the second Qtr due to 2 fouls as well. Thelen is a very good player who plays 110% the entire time he is on the floor.

 

Not to threadjack this into a POY discussion but Jake Thelen does not get enough credit in this area. I don't think Thelen, Giesler and Smith get enough credit for what they have done to make their teams relevant. Not a knock on Hatton as I have said before he is one of the top 3-4 players in N Ky and will probably rack up multiple POY awards but Dixie without Hatton is still relevant and I don't know if you can say that about Scott, NewCath or CovCath.

 

Giesler has taken a NewCath team with very little varsity experience and they have to be considered as one of the top teams in the 9th Region. Thelen is the leader on a CovCath team with very little varsity experience and CovCath was borderline dysfunctional last season with how they interacted with teammates and coaches. Smith has taken a Scott team that is probably one of the least talented teams in Taylor Mill over the past couple of years to 14 wins and #1 seed in district.

 

Intangibles isn't a measureable or a stat but I think these seniors deserve a lot of additional credit for the things they do that do not show up in a boxscore.

Edited by 4pointplay
spelling

Not to threadjack this into a POY discussion but Jake Thelen does not get enough credit in this area. I don't think Thelen, Giesler and Smith get enough credit for what they have done to make their teams relevant. Not a knock on Hatton as I have said before he is one of the top 3-4 players in N Ky and will probably rack up multiple POY awards but Dixie without Hatton is still relevant and I don't know if you can say that about Scott, NewCath or CovCath.

 

Giesler has taken a NewCath team with very little varsity experience and they have to be considered as one of the top teams in the 9th Region. Thelen is the leader on a CovCath team with very little varsity experience and CovCath was borderline dysfunctional last season with how they interacted with teammates and coaches. Smith has taken a Scott team that is probably one of the least talented teams in Taylor Mill over the past couple of years to 14 wins and #1 seed in district.

 

Intangibles isn't a measureable or a stat but I think these seniors deserve a lot of additional credit for the things they do that do not show up in a boxscore.

 

I've known Jake forever and have always loved his effort. I'd argue there was more varsity experience coming into this year than you think.

 

I agree with Geisler and what he's done for an inexperienced team. Great all-around game and deserves the POY consideration.

 

I think you're underestimating Hatton's value to this team. If he was not not on the floor Dixie is a completely different team and is not in contention for the 9th.

 

While he's not in the POY discussion the 2nd most important player on Dixie's team is Trammell. Smooth player.

I've known Jake forever and have always loved his effort. I'd argue there was more varsity experience coming into this year than you think.

 

I agree with Geisler and what he's done for an inexperienced team. Great all-around game and deserves the POY consideration.

 

I think you're underestimating Hatton's value to this team. If he was not not on the floor Dixie is a completely different team and is not in contention for the 9th.

 

While he's not in the POY discussion the 2nd most important player on Dixie's team is Trammell. Smooth player.

 

Trammell is the unsung hero for Dixie this year. He doesn't put up huge points but leads the 9th in assists, 3rd in steals, shoots 80% from the line and controls the game. He just does the intangibles that makes the team successful. They will really miss him next year!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.