Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dixie 65 Covington Catholic 56

Featured Replies

when is the last time Dixie beat CovCath twice in basketball in the same year?

 

Might explain the on floor celebration after the game. I am seeing this more and more where the students rush the floor.

  • Replies 52
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was thinking the same thing.

I think there is a good chance they will meet for the 3rd time in the regionals!

Might explain the on floor celebration after the game. I am seeing this more and more where the students rush the floor.

 

They watch too much ESPN.......

I think there is a good chance they will meet for the 3rd time in the regionals!

 

I hope that's the case, that means CovCath beat HC in the opening round of the districts.

 

Again I still think this CovCath team could make some post season noise. If Baker & Schult play like they did tonight, and Cubby plays his normal game, they will be a tough match up for most teams.

 

I think this Dixie team has to be the favorite in the 9th. Hatton is the Best player in the 9th region, Stansberry (Sp) impressed me as well. If they can get a better effort from their post players they will be hard to beat.

I hope that's the case, that means CovCath beat HC in the opening round of the districts.

 

Again I still think this CovCath team could make some post season noise. If Baker & Schult play like they did tonight, and Cubby plays his normal game, they will be a tough match up for most teams.

 

I think this Dixie team has to be the favorite in the 9th. Hatton is the Best player in the 9th region, Stansberry (Sp) impressed me as well. If they can get a better effort from their post players they will be hard to beat.

I still think Trammell is the key to the leadership on the floor.

This was a great game tonight between two very quality teams. Congrats to Dixie on a big win against a CCH team that had redemption on their minds from the last meeting between these two teams. I appreciate your comments Clyde and agree with most, however the starting 5 for Dixie is better than the starting 5 for CCH. That is why Dixie can get away with a short bench because quite frankly they are not very deep. There were a lot of substitutions tonight because CCH has a deeper bench. You are actually agreeing with me on the bench development because I have been saying since December that CCH did not have to go to a 6 man rotation - which Hudepohl was left out of. I really thought that Cleves, Schult, Thelen and Baker looked solid tonight. I hope to see Dixie again in the regionals. I also thought that the entire CCH team showed a lot of enthusiasm, which has been missing.

I still think Trammell is the key to the leadership on the floor.

 

I totally agree, Trammell is the engine that makes the car run smooth. He is a very smart and fun player to watch. Trammell and Hatton play very very well together. Without Trammell, Hatton would not be able to do wat he does.

Heard Hatton had a HUGE second half tonight to help lead the Red Colonels.

 

Congrats to Dixie on the W.

how many did Hatton finish with?

 

I believe Hatton ended up with 25. Hatton only played 2 minutes in the second Qtr due to 2 fouls. I believe Thelen sat out alot of the second Qtr due to 2 fouls as well. Thelen is a very good player who plays 110% the entire time he is on the floor.

Have a good thought and prayer for Coach Listerman who missed this first game in a long time if ever as he had surgery to repair his torn bicep tendon torn while trying to stop Conner Machinot from crashing into our broadcast table. He listened to the game and sent us emails through his wonderful wife Jean. It was killing him not being there. Hope for a speedy recovery and hope to see him Saturday at Boone.

Have a good thought and prayer for Coach Listerman who missed this first game in a long time if ever as he had surgery to repair his torn bicep tendon torn while trying to stop Conner Machinot from crashing into our broadcast table. He listened to the game and sent us emails through his wonderful wife Jean. It was killing him not being there. Hope for a speedy recovery and hope to see him Saturday at Boone.

 

Thoughts and prayers are with him!!! Great man and coach....get well..and get back to the team!! :thumb:

Have a good thought and prayer for Coach Listerman who missed this first game in a long time if ever as he had surgery to repair his torn bicep tendon torn while trying to stop Conner Machinot from crashing into our broadcast table. He listened to the game and sent us emails through his wonderful wife Jean. It was killing him not being there. Hope for a speedy recovery and hope to see him Saturday at Boone.

 

 

I will second that about Coach L. And to the family who walked onto the court prior to the game who has a member fighting cancer. Very emotional moment. Best wishes for them as well.

 

IMG_7179.jpg

  • Author

Very emotional moment at Dixie tonight. So proud of the standing ovation in support. God Speed.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.