Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Holy Cross 59 Covington Catholic 54

Featured Replies

Final from Park Hills

  • Replies 42
  • Views 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ouch. This is the 1st time Holy Cross has beaten Cov Cath in a long time.

These two will have a big rematch come district time. Congrats to the HC on the win tonight.

Just to give everyone an idea of how rare this is:

 

CCH had won 16 straight over HC dating back to 2000. Holy Cross's last win over Cov Cath was January 4, 2000 (HC won 56-54 @ Holy Cross).

 

This is only the 2nd time that HC has beaten CCH since 1997.

Just to give everyone an idea of how rare this is:

 

CCH had won 16 straight over HC dating back to 2000. Holy Cross's last win over Cov Cath was January 4, 2000 (HC won 56-54 @ Holy Cross).

 

This is only the 2nd time that HC has beaten CCH since 1997.

 

So rare. Maybe the tide may be turning...

Anybody have a box score?

Made my first ever visit to Covington Catholic for basketball tonight and loved every minute of it. I was very impressed with the resilience of Holy Cross. I'm not sure they are that great of a team, but they played hard and kept battling and came out ahead. When they got hot late in the third quarter the tide completely turned. If they had nailed some foul shots throughout it wouldn't have been this close.

 

I was less than impressed with Covington Catholic's guard play. They didn't handle the ball well and didn't appear to have anyone that could shoot consistently. Thelen was really good, but he was more of a junk-man tonight. Cleaned up a lot of stuff around the basket, but I think they should have ran more designed sets to get him looks. The big kid, Baker, was all thumbs for most of the game, although he did come on late. If those two had been playing better, or at least if the team had been playing through them more, I think CovCath would have got the win.

 

Finally, I really enjoyed the student sections for both sides. Holy Cross brought a good road atmosphere and the Ghostbusters skit at halftime was really cool. I had seen CovCath at the state tournament a few years back and knew what to expect, but they still put on a nice show. The halftime stuff with the one kid leading cheers and then the "Rocky" stuff with punches was terrific. Great night all around!

Great atmosphere tonight. Cov. Cath. had billboard sized banners up in honor of longtime Cov. Cath. stalwart Coach Dan Tieman and all time Holy Cross great Clay Eiffert. Packed house. The H.C. fans were every bit as loud as the Colonel Crazies. The Cov. Cath. band was jamming. Excellent National Anthem performance by the Cov. Cath. Chamber Choir. Holy Cross ran out to a 10-2 lead. Cov. Cath. came storming back to take the lead. Near the end of the 2nd quarter Holy Cross hit a 3, stole the in bounds pass and converted the layup. The game was nip and tuck from the end of the 2nd quarter to the end of the game. The Indians lit up the house with 3's. Cov. Cath. stayed in a zone until late in the 4th. Thelan was unstoppable inside. If Cov. Cath. is hitting layups or the Indians are not shooting lights out from behind the arc, the Colonels win easily. But the Indians played with great poise and scrapped their way to a big win. I thought Maschinot handled the Holy Cross press very well. All in all, it was a great evening and the most entertainment you could hope to have for $5.00. Congratulations to both programs. You represented your schools very well. I am looking forward to the rematch in the Districts.

How many 3s did Big Grin Arlinghaus hit? I heard he lit it up pretty well.

How many 3s did Big Grin Arlinghaus hit? I heard he lit it up pretty well.

 

I'm guessing four or five. He hit two or three huge ones in the last couple minutes of the third quarter.

Made my first ever visit to Covington Catholic for basketball tonight and loved every minute of it. !

 

You picked the perfect night to come as far as experiencing the atmosphere of a big rivalry in Park Hills.

You picked the perfect night to come as far as experiencing the atmosphere of a big rivalry in Park Hills.

 

I thought so when I picked it. I figured a Catholic/Holy Cross matchup or Catholic/Highlands matchup would likely be the biggest rivalry. Is that the case?

I thought so when I picked it. I figured a Catholic/Holy Cross matchup or Catholic/Highlands matchup would likely be the biggest rivalry. Is that the case?

 

Probably so. Dixie is a strong rivalry as well.

Give HC credit. Before the year a few of their boys told me they'd beat CCH when they met. They were right.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.