UFC 126 Silva vs Belfort

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the type of opponent that Silva usually dominates in spectacular fashion. Guys who are strikers that will attack and keep the fight on the feet. Forest Griffin, Rich Franklin, Chris Leben, James Irvin and Nate Marquardt all come to mind. Vitor fits that bill and while he will be a game opponent for sure, this is usually the type of fighter that Anderson just smashes.

Think you nailed that one NHS.:notworthy:

Franklin/Griffin will be a fun fight. Both are very similar fighters, Forest has a size advantage but Franklin has KO power in his hands. Other than that they are pretty equal imo.

Still agree with my assessment that they are basically the equal in all parts of the fight game, Griffin's size was the difference in the fight. Guys like Forrest who cut around 30lbs to make 205 are why Rich fought at 205 for a long time. Doubt Franklin cuts any weight at all to make weight at Light Heavyweight.

:D

Bones Jones is just a beast, cant wait to see him take on Rua for the title in March.

Good night of fights.

The front kick from Silva that KO'd Belfort was sick!!!! Took them a while to exchange but when it heated up it got hot quick. The Spider showed tonight just why he is the most dangerous man in the sport, a Silva/GSP fight has to happen sooner rather than later. It can't end up being a Lidell/Wanderlei thing where both are at the end of their careers (although a classic fight), it has to happen while both are at the peak.

Like I thought would happen, Jones ran through Bader. Jon Jones is for real, so for real he has now earned a title shot against Shogun, replacing an injured Rashad Evans.

To be honest I expected more out of the Griffin/Franklin fight.

:D

Bones Jones is just a beast, cant wait to see him take on Rua for the title in March.

He is a beast, Bader is tough and opposed zero threat to Jones at all. Going to be a quick turnaround for Jones to get ready but sometimes thats not necessarily a bad thing, its not like he received any damage tonight. :D

He is a beast, Bader is tough and opposed zero threat to Jones at all. Going to be a quick turnaround for Jones to get ready but sometimes thats not necessarily a bad thing, its not like he received any damage tonight. :D

I agree, Jones has done nothing but impress me since being in it. I believe that he's going to be very tough for many to beat in the light heavyweight division, which makes a big statement due to how competitive this division is.

I really expected the fight between Silva and Belfort to be much better. It is definitely time for Silva and GSP to get in the octagon together and I have thought this for quite a while now like plenty of others. I don't see anyone else being capable of beating him.

Yeah I thought it would be a more competitive fight, Bader is nothing to sneeze at. It is a quick turnaround, but he didnt take any damage like you said and he is already in fight shape so he can spend a lot of time just working on the gameplan for Rua.

Ive seen that Silva kick quite a few times now and man that was such a powerful front kick. Vitor's head snapped back so hard his neck is going to hurt tomorrow. Ive never really seen a front kick do any real damage and to KO someone with it is just sick.

Ive seen that Silva kick quite a few times now and man that was such a powerful front kick. Vitor's head snapped back so hard his neck is going to hurt tomorrow. Ive never really seen a front kick do any real damage and to KO someone with it is just sick.

Very sick!