UFC 126 Silva vs Belfort

Yeah I thought it would be a more competitive fight, Bader is nothing to sneeze at. It is a quick turnaround, but he didnt take any damage like you said and he is already in fight shape so he can spend a lot of time just working on the gameplan for Rua.

Ive seen that Silva kick quite a few times now and man that was such a powerful front kick. Vitor's head snapped back so hard his neck is going to hurt tomorrow. Ive never really seen a front kick do any real damage and to KO someone with it is just sick.

:thumb: Silva is just miles ahead of anyone else. He was toying with him.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One for three...I was really impressed by Jones. I thought Bader's wrestling and strength could give him trouble. For him to take Bader down and dominate him on the ground like he did was very impressive.

You simply cannot win a striking war with Anderson Silva. He has too many ways to finish you. That's the problem for a guy like Vitor. His striking is great, but it's all hands. You don't have to worry about kicks or knees. With Silva, the KO could come from anywhere. I thought Vitor looked pretty sharp last night. He'll be a handful for anyone else at 185. It's definitely time for the Silva/GSP fight. And, if Silva wins, I think it is time for him to vacate the 185 pound belt and either move to 205, or just embark on a series of Superfights. I'd love to see him fight Shogun and Jones, and even a heavyweight. He has nothing left to do at 185.

The first round killed Rich Franklin. I thought it was a decent fight after that.

One for three...I was really impressed by Jones. I thought Bader's wrestling and strength could give him trouble. For him to take Bader down and dominate him on the ground like he did was very impressive.

You simply cannot win a striking war with Anderson Silva. He has too many ways to finish you. That's the problem for a guy like Vitor. His striking is great, but it's all hands. You don't have to worry about kicks or knees. With Silva, the KO could come from anywhere. I thought Vitor looked pretty sharp last night. He'll be a handful for anyone else at 185. It's definitely time for the Silva/GSP fight. And, if Silva wins, I think it is time for him to vacate the 185 pound belt and either move to 205, or just embark on a series of Superfights. I'd love to see him fight Shogun and Jones, and even a heavyweight. He has nothing left to do at 185.

The first round killed Rich Franklin. I thought it was a decent fight after that.

I thought it was a great performance by Jones. I'm really having mixed thoughts on who will win Shogun vs. Jones. Should be an excellent fight.

If Silva wins he has to move up. Him staying at 185 would be silly and of no value for anyone involved. A move up is a must. As far as the first superfight with GSP, I honestly think Silva stops it by KO or TKO. Too much weight and striking for GSP to handle.

In news you can't make up, Silva credits Steven Seagal for UFC 126 win.

This may not be anything to laugh at. Sure, it is funny if you look at it like that, but Seagal is a very accomplished martial artists. People think he is just a cheesy movie star and fail to realize the guy has cred in the martial arts world. He is a very accomplished aikido black belt. He even ran an aikido gym in Japan for a little while. So sure you can make jokes about it, but its really probably more accurate than just a big joke, Seagal walked out to the ring with Silva and everything.

I thought it was a great performance by Jones. I'm really having mixed thoughts on who will win Shogun vs. Jones. Should be an excellent fight.

If Silva wins he has to move up. Him staying at 185 would be silly and of no value for anyone involved. A move up is a must. As far as the first superfight with GSP, I honestly think Silva stops it by KO or TKO. Too much weight and striking for GSP to handle.

I agree. Jones dominating the ground against a guy like Bader was more impressive then if he'd scored another highlight reel KO.

I also think Silva will finish GSP at some point. If GSP can take him down, it could be interesting, but I'm skeptical.

If Jones beats Shogun, a Silva vs. Jon Jones fight would be cool.

Shogun vs. Jones is an intriguing matchup for sure. I'm much more excited to see that than the previously scheduled Rashad.

Only bc Belfort misread the kick, thought it was going to his mid section, tensed up and leaned forwards right into it. The kick was solid but Belfort's reaction to it is was cost him IMO.

But, that's the thing about Silva. The finish can come from anywhere. You have to be on guard against an unmatched variety of punches, kicks and knees. And, he is confident enough in his ability to try any of those things at any point in the fight. Consider his matchup with Sonnen. Deep into that fight he was still trying kicks and knees that the vast majority of fighters would not attempt for fear of being taken down again. Silva was still going for it...he's so confident that he can land and finish that he's willing to risk getting taken down, even in a fight that he's been taken down and dominated in.

Conversely, the only thing he had to worry about with Belfort was his hands. I'm not saying that's a minor concern considering Belfort's power and speed, but it's much simpler than facing Silva, IMO.

I really don't get the dislike for Anderson Silva. I thought MMA fans wanted to see highlight reel finishes, and there's never been anyone better than Silva in that department. He's easily the #1 guy on my list to watch. I'd pay the $45 if he was the only fight on the card.