Covington Catholic / St.Henry 1/28 Predictions

The game maybe a blow out and everyone pretty much sees Cov. Cath as the clear cut favorite here. But I saw were tonights game will be sponsoring a Coaches for Cancer night for this game. I think this is great and to all the St. Henry/Cov.Cath coaching staff, its players and their familes who helped with this big event thank you and great job should be mentioned. Hopefully they get a great turnout for a great cause. Here is something on the St. Henry website about tonites event.

COACHES vs. CANCER

The SHDHS Boys' Basketball program will be hosting a “Coaches vs. Cancer” fundraiser as part of Cancer Awareness on Friday, Jan. 28th, 2011.

The Crusaders play Covington Catholic Colonels and the game times are 4:30pm for Freshmen, 6pm for JV & 7:30 for Varsity.

In order to raise money for this very worthy cause, our basketball program will be selling T-shirts for $10 each. The T-shirts will go on sale this Thu. 1/13 (or Fri. 1/14), and will be available up until the evening of the Fundraiser. All of the proceeds from the sale of the T-shirts will go to the families of two former NKY High School coaches Clay Eifert of Holy Cross and Matt Boehmer of Beechwood. There will also be a split the pot during the evening, and all of those proceeds will also go to both families

Edited by 9thregionbb

Say what you want about this game...the enviroment is usually top notch. The kids from both schools get pumped up for this game because many of the players and parents know each other and grew up with each other. Its become a home court rivalry

PAST GAME NOTES: CovCath hasn't won at St Henry since the 2002/03 season. St Henry took down the Colonels possibly for the first time ever last season in Park Hills.

Of the past 10 meetings each team has won 5 games. That includes a 2007 meeting in the 1st rnd of regionals where CCH won big. The Colonels have drummed the Cru in most of its wins, while St Henry past wins have been rather close. In 2005 St Henry (11-15) pulled off a major upset over #1 CovCath(23-7). A CovCath team that had dominated the region for 2yrs.

2 of the top coaches in the state going at it and doing it for a great cause. This even not only shows how great of coaches they are but why they are even better people and why they are so highly reguarded in the area and state they coach in.

Should be a fun night and I believe we'll see a much better game than most expect.

Polish it however you want it is a great cause and will be an electric environment but the superior talent will prevail and it will be by over 20 pts. It is what it is.

I hope you are right. But, if I had to pick two teams that (regardless of the talent level in a particular year) give the Colonels fits, I would pick Highlands and St. Henry. I think the Colonels will win, but do not predict a blow out.

The last two year's regular season games were actually four games. Each half can be looked at as a separate game. CovCath won 2, (the first half of each game). The Cru won two games, the second half of each game. The key to the final stats is that St. Henry won their games by a wider margin that CovCath. I would really like to sit through a half time session with Coach Faust.

To win, CovCath has to win the half time regardless of the score at the end of the 2nd period.

Say what you want about this game...the enviroment is usually top notch. The kids from both schools get pumped up for this game because many of the players and parents know each other and grew up with each other. Its become a home court rivalry

PAST GAME NOTES: CovCath hasn't won at St Henry since the 2002/03 season. St Henry took down the Colonels possibly for the first time ever last season in Park Hills.

Of the past 10 meetings each team has won 5 games. That includes a 2007 meeting in the 1st rnd of regionals where CCH won big. The Colonels have drummed the Cru in most of its wins, while St Henry past wins have been rather close. In 2005 St Henry (11-15) pulled off a major upset over #1 CovCath(23-7). A CovCath team that had dominated the region for 2yrs.

2 of the top coaches in the state going at it and doing it for a great cause. This even not only shows how great of coaches they are but why they are even better people and why they are so highly reguarded in the area and state they coach in.

Should be a fun night and I believe we'll see a much better game than most expect.

Ironically the season the Crusaders represented the 9th Region at Rupp Arena.

Ironically the season the Crusaders represented the 9th Region at Rupp Arena.

I think I have this wrong. The 03' regional championship team didn't lost to CCH at home. It was the 2001/2002 team I believe. Lewin/Finke/Bain beat Eisenmenger/Voelker in 2002. Sorry about that.