Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Jeff Fisher not returning to Titans

Featured Replies

Who gets the Tenn job?

  • Replies 32
  • Views 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why, but I think it will be Gruden. No reason why other than one day it came to me in December, "Chucky will be your team's next coach..." :lol:

Dont be surprised if they name former Oiler lineman Mike Munchak as the new coach

As a Titans fan, I sure hate to hear this. I'm a huge fan of Jeff Fisher. I hope the Titans get a good coach. Tennessee has a lot to offer if you think you could get a solid QB in place. They have the potential for an explosive offense with a good trigger man.

I guess that means VY will be back. Bad decision.

 

He's not with the Titans anymore anyway, not sure what I was thinking.

  • Author
He's not with the Titans anymore anyway, not sure what I was thinking.

Yes he is. Now Bud Adams has said he will be traded or released once the off-season begins, but he is still a Titan until at least a week from Monday. His mind could change before then. Not sure how Young would take it.

Yes he is. Now Bud Adams has said he will be traded or released once the off-season begins, but he is still a Titan until at least a week from Monday. His mind could change before then. Not sure how Young would take it.

 

Today on Mike and Mike they said he wasn't with the Titans anymore as well so it wasn't picking between the two? :idunno:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d81dcbbb5/article/young-ready-to-be-starting-qb-as-he-awaits-change-in-scenery

 

NASHVILLE, Tenn. -- Vince Young has his sights set on being a starter for an NFL team.

 

Young said in a segment aired by ESPN on Wednesday night that he will work to let his next team know he's an elite quarterback who just wants to win games and be the best. Asked if he could work as a backup, Young laughed.

 

 

 

"I'm going to go into the organization, the team, and compete. That's all I can do, and let them make their own decision after that," Young said. "Definitely, I am a starting quarterback, an elite quarterback in the NFL. I want to go ahead and start. But like it always is, the coaches have the last word."

 

Tennessee Titans owner Bud Adams actually had the last word Jan. 5 when he announced that the team would either release Young or try to trade him away because he's not in their plans for 2011. Adams agreed with Titans coach Jeff Fisher that the quarterback drafted No. 3 overall in 2006 had to go after an incident Nov. 21. That's when Young cursed at the coach and blew out of the locker room.

Also Jeff Fisher had 6 winning seasons out of 16, just saying.

I'm trying to figure out when VY convinced himself that he is elite.

I am hearing Gregg Williams as the next HC and that VY won't be back.

I am hearing Gregg Williams as the next HC and that VY won't be back.

 

Gregg Williams has tried the HC thing before and it didn't work out so well.

With all due respect to 5Wide and any other Titan fans, I'm not sure that this is a huge loss. Like it was stated above, blow it all up. They haven't been as good as I thought they should have been or at a minumum, not nearly as consistent. I think the QB situation was what ultimately sank the Fisher ship.

  • Author
Today on Mike and Mike they said he wasn't with the Titans anymore as well so it wasn't picking between the two? :idunno:

Similar to the Keyshawn and T.O. situation. Still on the team, just not activated. It is not official until the offseason begins. For all intents and purposes, he is no longer a Titan.

  • Author
With all due respect to 5Wide and any other Titan fans, I'm not sure that this is a huge loss. Like it was stated above, blow it all up. They haven't been as good as I thought they should have been or at a minumum, not nearly as consistent. I think the QB situation was what ultimately sank the Fisher ship.

Fisher has been solid, but nothing spectacular. 1 Superbowl appearance and missing the playoffs virtually 67% of the time. I do think he is well respected in the NFL community and amongst players, but most know Bud Adams has not been the best of owners when it came to surrounding Fisher with talent.

 

Speaking of which, does anyone remember that Randy Moss went to the Titans mid-season? Talk about finding the Bermuda Triangle.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.