Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams with a legit chance ..............

Featured Replies

  • Author
Who is counting out Duke?

 

No one, maybe the problem was that no one was crowning the Duke squad national champions :notworthy: :lol:.......

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author
When you play Texas in a pressure packed situation, you simply have to look at the other sideline, see Rick Barnes standing there and you know everything's gonna be okay. :lol:

 

Regardless of talent level, they'll never win with that clown on the sidelines IMO. Still think they're the best team in the country right now though.

 

You may be right, he certainly has lost in the tourney with some very good teams, for that matter and being honest so has Calapari :sssh::D

Teams with a legit chance to me would be:

 

* Ohio State: The odds on favorite right now. They have the most dominating big man in the country right now and enough weapons around him to cut down the nets.

 

* Duke: If Irving comes back then flip them and Ohio St. When healthy this team is the best in the country in my book. Irving takes them to another level. They can win it all without him, but I think they do win it with him.

 

* Pitt: This team is so dangerous they can not only beat any team on any given night they can dominate any team on any given night. If they get on a run late look out they could be the last team stading.

 

* Purdue, Kansas, Michigan State, Syracuse, and Kentucky have the tools to win the big dance but will have to come along further than they are now to win it I think. If the tournament was tomorrow I would think only 1 of the first 3 mentioned could win it all, but ALOT can happen between 01/28/2011 and March.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I am not seeing UK being much of a player. They are two early fouls away from being dominated most games.

I hope they prove me wrong, but I am not seeing UK being much of a player. They are two early fouls away from being dominated most games.

 

If they get a match up against a team that has a couple really strong inside players, they could go out early. If they can avoid that type of matchup, they could go deep.

They had and still have two first rounders on their roster. The talent is on the court regardless of what year they end up being selected in the first round.

 

Nolan Smith was projected as a first rounder before this year in any draft?

 

I'm not disagreeing with you about NBA talent winning titles. I just think last year showed it won't always happen that way. 2 total first rounders and one of those is a borderline top 20 pick were all that was on the floor for the title game before Nolan Smith took off this year.

Nolan Smith was projected as a first rounder before this year in any draft?

 

I'm not disagreeing with you about NBA talent winning titles. I just think last year showed it won't always happen that way. 2 total first rounders and one of those is a borderline top 20 pick were all that was on the floor for the title game before Nolan Smith took off this year.

 

I agree with you that Duke was probably the least talented team (by NBA draft standards) to win the title since Tubby's UK team.

  • Author
If they get a match up against a team that has a couple really strong inside players, they could go out early. If they can avoid that type of matchup, they could go deep.

 

I agree 100%, that's why I am probably not going to pick the Cats out very far depending on the brackets. A team with alot of depth, strong inside game can hurt this U..K. team. Usually when you get to the sweet 16 people are going to have at least one strong inside player, any further and they probably have depth as well. I am not saying that U.K. couldn't advance deep into the tourney, certainly talent is there and I hope they do. I just don't think it will happen. As another said. there is a long way/many things could change by tournament time and none of us knows the seedings.

GO BIG BLUE!!

Tennessee will get knocked out in the first round.

  • Author

^^ We can only hope, I like the way you're thinking. :D

I guess UK should have won last year with 5 first rounders ?

Interesting thread to dig up in light of our current Final Four.

Interesting thread to dig up in light of our current Final Four.

 

Indeed. The real question is whether VCU is Top 45 at any point this season? :lol:

 

Whoever is in the top 45 I feel has a solid shot.
Indeed. The real question is whether VCU is Top 45 at any point this season? :lol:

 

Questionable.

Tennessee will get knocked out in the first round.

 

:thumb:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.