Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Teams with a legit chance ..............

Featured Replies

I haven't looked at the NBA mock drafts to see who is projected to be drafted where, but I think all those teams have multiple NBA draftees - so yes. Are there more teams with 2 first rounders or 3 draftees?

 

According to nbadraft.net, I've given too many teams a chance. The champion will be either Duke, UK, Kansas, or Texas. They're the only teams with either multiple 1st rounders and/or 3 total draftees.

  • Replies 58
  • Views 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Who is counting out Duke?

 

I think the point GRC is tryin to get across was that 3-4 weeks ago everyone was talkin about how Duke was head and shoulders above everyone else. Then they lost Irving and one game and no is longer anyon'es favorite to win the National Championship.

Whoever is in the top 45 I feel has a solid shot.

 

I think this about sums it up 100%:thumb:

I think the point GRC is tryin to get across was that 3-4 weeks ago everyone was talkin about how Duke was head and shoulders above everyone else. Then they lost Irving and one game and no is longer anyon'es favorite to win the National Championship.

 

I don't think there's ever been a favorite or a team that was seen as heads and shoulders above everyone else. Well, maybe there was to Duke fans. :idunno: :D

I point this out every year at tournament time. If you want to find your champ, look for a team with NBA talent. The champion almost always has 2 NBA first rounders and in recent years, 3-4 NBA draft picks. If you want to find upsets, look for an underrated team with an NBA 1st rounder on their team. Talent wins.

 

Another way to look at it is the team that wins has a few players get their draft status overvalued. Let's not pretend NBA execs are all that smart when it comes to using those 1st round picks...

How many Duke players went in the first round from last years team?

I don't think there's ever been a favorite or a team that was seen as heads and shoulders above everyone else. Well, maybe there was to Duke fans. :idunno: :D

 

After they steam rolled K state and beat Michigan State everyone was on their bandwagon. You can deny it but it's the truth.

How many Duke players went in the first round from last years team?

 

A whopping 0.

After they steam rolled K state and beat Michigan State everyone was on their bandwagon. You can deny it but it's the truth.

 

Define everyone....

 

Two teams that will be lucky to make the tournament at this point...Color me impressed.

How many Duke players went in the first round from last years team?

 

They had and still have two first rounders on their roster. The talent is on the court regardless of what year they end up being selected in the first round.

Another way to look at it is the team that wins has a few players get their draft status overvalued. Let's not pretend NBA execs are all that smart when it comes to using those 1st round picks...

 

Possibly. But check out a few mock drafts before you do your pool sheet and you will do just fine.

Honestly I think it comes down to about 8 teams:

 

Kansas Ohio St. Duke Pitt Villonova UK Texas UConn

Whoever is in the top 45 I feel has a solid shot.

 

:thumb:

 

I've seen enough Butlers and Gonzagas through the years to believe that there's roughly 40 teams that could conceivably crack the Elite 8. So much can happen in the tournament...a team gets hot, gets the benefit of an upset that allows them to avoid a heavy favorite and boom, they're knocking on the door for a Final Four berth.

 

If you want to narrow it down to a team that's capable of winning the title, then that changes the discussion. But, even then, there are teams that pop up that nobody would have given a chance prior to it happening. Nobody would have listed Butler as a team with a legit chance to win a title last season...probably wouldn't have listed them with a legit chance to make the Final Four. Yet, they were possibly less than an inch away from cutting the nets down. Hard to say they weren't legit.

  • Author
It's still hard to tell for many teams with me, but one team that I believe has potential to make the elite 8 is Texas. I was not sold on them earlier on, but after the past month, they have impressed me.
:thumb:I certainly agree hs, I am more and more impressed with this Texas team as the season goes on. I also have been convinced on Texas a couple of times before, picked them to win it all and lost big in my pool. I feel the thing that imprsses me the most about Texas this season is their defense, they are just shutting people down.

Really, the person that mentiond anyone in the top 45 may be closer to right, there are always teams that get on a late run, playing great at exactly the right time of year. I may revisit this or start a new thread on this same subject later in the season, a while before the conference tourneys start and see ho many of the same teams listed then that we have now. May narrow the number of choices instead of listing as many as we wanted.

:thumb:I certainly agree hs, I am more and more impressed with this Texas team as the season goes on. I also have been convinced on Texas a couple of times before, picked them to win it all and lost big in my pool. I feel the thing that imprsses me the most about Texas this season is their defense, they are just shutting people down.

Really, the person that mentiond anyone in the top 45 may be closer to right, there are always teams that get on a late run, playing great at exactly the right time of year. I may revisit this or start a new thread on this same subject later in the season, a while before the conference tourneys start and see ho many of the same teams listed then that we have now. May narrow the number of choices instead of listing as many as we wanted.

 

When you play Texas in a pressure packed situation, you simply have to look at the other sideline, see Rick Barnes standing there and you know everything's gonna be okay. :lol:

 

Regardless of talent level, they'll never win with that clown on the sidelines IMO. Still think they're the best team in the country right now though.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.