Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is what Coach Calipari did a problem in the...

Featured Replies

that rule #8 thing that got the Raceland video thread closed, seems this one slipped the radar, perhaps it should have been closed,long ago. We all make mistakes.

  • Replies 43
  • Views 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This thread was allowed due to it's nature. It was about college kids and their coach to start with. Perhaps you should read the rules again. And normally I'd have deleted your post and dealt with this in private messages. But since you're new, I'll clue you in. This forum has relaxed rules to an extent. However, there was a warning placed in that thread about rule #8 and the manor in which the high school age students were involved. You may want to read rule #12. So far, devilshelper, you have lead a very antagonistic existence on this site to date, and if you continue on that path, your posting privileges may be brief.

 

For the record, here is that rule. Heeding it along with the others will make for a better experience for everyone, trust me.

 

Rule #12: No complaining about the web site, its members, or its management on the forums or in public. If you have such a complaint, you need to send me an email at [email protected] and I will get back with you as soon as possible to address the problem. Your opinion matters to me. When a moderator warns of possible rules violations, do not ignore the warning and do not argue. Ignoring a violation warning or arguing with a moderator over their enforcement of forum rules will result in your suspension.

I didn't see this thread before but let me say, I have no problem with what Calipari did whatsoever. I have no problem with it at the high school ranks, either.

Oh and let's not forget, at that particular time, Cal was just telling the truth.

Your bias blinds you from the fact that these were two different scenarios. Cal calls a player a name and uses two expletives to call Jones out of his name. K asked what they were doing and injects an expletive. K didn't call a player out of his name on camera for the world to see. He just said a bad word.

 

The player Cal said it to came back next year though, and has nothing but good things to say about Coach Cal, I think that speaks volumes.

I endorsed Bobby Knights methods, have to show them who is the boss....thus I never coached because I prefer freedom. Cal is very mild to what I can cut loose with.

The player Cal said it to came back next year though, and has nothing but good things to say about Coach Cal, I think that speaks volumes.

 

I agree. I have no problem with anything Cal has said or done and obviously neither does Jones. I was just pointing out to cammando the differece between Cal being caught on tv and it blew up and K being caught on tv and nothing happened. It was two different scenarios in my opinion. Especially when Brian Kelly did kind of the same thing Cal did and it blew up also.

You are right on that,like Coach K isn't hammered by the media for contact with a recruit at the wrong time, double-standards by the media....it is in everything Fox-NBC conservative-liberal, will eat each other alive for the same stupid things.

I didn't see this thread before but let me say, I have no problem with what Calipari did whatsoever. I have no problem with it at the high school ranks, either.

 

I don't either. I am the same way.

You are right on that,like Coach K isn't hammered by the media for contact with a recruit at the wrong time, double-standards by the media....it is in everything Fox-NBC conservative-liberal, will eat each other alive for the same stupid things.

 

K was hammered by the media for contacting Poythress. Most pretty much said he should have known better. Minor violation though and even more of a non story considering he offered the scholarship knowing Poythress wasn't coming to Duke.

I endorsed Bobby Knights methods, have to show them who is the boss....thus I never coached because I prefer freedom. Cal is very mild to what I can cut loose with.

 

Yeah, physically abusing student athletes is a great method :rolleyes:

Even though I am not a Calipari supporter at all. I do not see a problem with what he said. The problem is that there are too many cameras in sports and they are just looking for situations like this one and when it happens, they blow it out of proportion. The young man he was yelling at was at least 18 if not in his early 20's. If he can not take that kind of language then he needs to grow thicker skin. It would be completely different if this was an elementary school game, then I can see the reasons why everyone gets their feathers ruffled.

 

You can say what you want about Bob Knight, Brian Kelly, or Bo Pelini. The fact of the matter is, these guys are paid big bucks to do one thing and that is to win. If these young men, cannot handle that, then they do not need to be playing college sports.

You can say what you want about Bob Knight, Brian Kelly, or Bo Pelini. The fact of the matter is, these guys are paid big bucks to do one thing and that is to win. If these young men, cannot handle that, then they do not need to be playing college sports.

 

Swearing is one thing...I will completely agree with you.

 

Grabbing a college athlete by the neck and/or throwing chairs onto the court while someone is shooting free throws has no place in the college game.

I agree. I have no problem with anything Cal has said or done and obviously neither does Jones. I was just pointing out to cammando the differece between Cal being caught on tv and it blew up and K being caught on tv and nothing happened. It was two different scenarios in my opinion. Especially when Brian Kelly did kind of the same thing Cal did and it blew up also.

 

I hear ya man no worries. BK's was awesome though because IMO he made himself look bad, like he was out of controll and about to have a heart attack.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.