2011 - 10th Region Tournament Structure

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: Here we go again. Once again this goes back to GRC or any team. GRC had the chance to change benches!

If the Fieldhouse is so old and cannot accomodate both teams fans or a regional setting... then it should be moved. Plain and simple. In no instance should opposing students sit behind the opposing teams bench. Why not put one student body on one side and the other student body on the other? The only reason you wouldn't do that is to give yourself an advantage. It's time the 10th Region coaches stop allowing this non-sense to go on. No other Region that I have been to or game allows this. I just find it amazing and almost comical that anyone from Mason county can support this. Don't give me the story of logistics... if they can't figure it out in the mighty fieldhouse then move it or put someone else in charge.

They shouldn't have to choose. It should be set the same for everyone in the tournament... benches and student section placement.

But since it isn't and probably never will be at the fieldhouse (it is at BOK and at Montgomery) I think given the option GRC will probably choose the other bench this year if the situation comes up again. I think Pendleton had to choose last year too. Bush league in my opinion.

Agree 100%. This is the regional tourney and should be run to the fairness of ALL teams. The tourney adm. is now awear of this problem and has plenty of time to make sure this does not happen this year.

If the Fieldhouse is so old and cannot accomodate both teams fans or a regional setting... then it should be moved. Plain and simple. In no instance should opposing students sit behind the opposing teams bench. Why not put one student body on one side and the other student body on the other? The only reason you wouldn't do that is to give yourself an advantage. It's time the 10th Region coaches stop allowing this non-sense to go on. No other Region that I have been to or game allows this. I just find it amazing and almost comical that anyone from Mason county can support this. Don't give me the story of logistics... if they can't figure it out in the mighty fieldhouse then move it or put someone else in charge.

:ylsuper::ylsuper::thumb:

:rolleyes: Here we go again. Once again this goes back to GRC or any team. GRC had the chance to change benches!

IF they had the choice then they made a mistake and didn't switch, HOWEVER it shouldn't be set up that way the whole issue becomes moot.

Sums it up nicely!

There is nothing worse than having any basketball event on a Sunday afternoon(even baseball on a Sunday seems dull), it has no feel to it. Basketball is meant to be played of a night. I even hate the afternoon and morning state tournament games,wish there was a way to make the whole event in the evenings.

With all due respect, if you were at the 2007 Region Final you know this to be incorrect.

I like the BOK but the Fieldhouse is pretty special and I must admit I give the advantage to MC Fieldhouse.

I've seen at least a semi-final or championship regional game from every region from the 6th through the 16th. I have never been disappointed at any of the gyms or arenas. But without question, in my lifetime I have never been a part of a better tournament atmosphere than the one at the Mason County Fieldhouse.

Probably not what the Montgomery County or northern ky. fans want to hear but it is the opinion of this unbiased observer.

For me, the Fieldhouse is special; but not the only option to also see great basketball. BOK and even better Montgomery Counties are nicer, and have always taken care of student/fan seating arrangements away from benches.

This should be a primary factor of the Tournament Director to see that gets doen.

And of course that we can some popcorn.........

For me, the Fieldhouse is special; but not the only option to also see great basketball. BOK and even better Montgomery Counties are nicer, and have always taken care of student/fan seating arrangements away from benches.

This should be a primary factor of the Tournament Director to see that gets doen.

And of course that we can some popcorn.........

Although it may not seem by my previous posts.... I really have no problem with the Fieldhouse, Montgomery Cnty or BOK.... I agree with what you said and that is the Tournament Director has 100% responsibility for presenting as much of a neutral event as possible. If one team brings more fans then so be it. But to place YOUR students behind the visiting team bench is way across the line. To say this is where OUR fans sit is way across the line. You lose those privledges when you decide to host a neutral event. If that is ridiculous, then I would love to see the visiting teams students placed behind the home teams bench! I have never seen that occur at Mason Cnty. Hmmmmmm wonder why? If Montgomery Cnty.... or anyother host did what Mason has done in the past I would voice my concerns and displeasure. I have witnessed no fewer than 5 seperate Regional tournaments and Mason Cnty is the only location that can't seem to figure it out. Actually, maybe they have and are just playing everyone else for fools for the advantage. I'm just hoping the 10th Region coaches, Administrators or whomever demand these changes.... Then we can sall get back to complaining about the price of parking and the concessions!

Although it may not seem by my previous posts.... I really have no problem with the Fieldhouse, Montgomery Cnty or BOK.... I agree with what you said and that is the Tournament Director has 100% responsibility for presenting as much of a neutral event as possible. If one team brings more fans then so be it. But to place YOUR students behind the visiting team bench is way across the line. To say this is where OUR fans sit is way across the line. You lose those privledges when you decide to host a neutral event. If that is ridiculous, then I would love to see the visiting teams students placed behind the home teams bench! I have never seen that occur at Mason Cnty. Hmmmmmm wonder why? If Montgomery Cnty.... or anyother host did what Mason has done in the past I would voice my concerns and displeasure. I have witnessed no fewer than 5 seperate Regional tournaments and Mason Cnty is the only location that can't seem to figure it out. Actually, maybe they have and are just playing everyone else for fools for the advantage. I'm just hoping the 10th Region coaches, Administrators or whomever demand these changes.... Then we can sall get back to complaining about the price of parking and the concessions!

The bolded is the problem. Mason Co fans and adm/tournney directors, want ALL the home court advantages for their team and fans. This is not Mason Co's tourney....they are the host for THE REGIONAL tourney. They should conduct it as such. We will see if they do this year.

Parking , not the best, but I can deal with that. Concessions, I am usually too nervous to eat anyways...dosn't matter who we are playing...I can deal with that. The way teams and players were treated last year....unacceptable.

Personally love the Fieldhouse for the 10th region tourney, but realize that NKY (BOK Center) and Montgomery have viable options as well. MC's "student section behind the opposing team" situation at the MCFH, while a huge advantage for the home team given their conduct; is probably a huge contributing factor in the desire to rotate the tourney. Let's just say the "visiting team" isn't treated as well as their fans????????