August 8, 201412 yr Whoa whoa whoa....no, they didn't ask any questions related to those things. They were too busy asking about Billy Ray Cyrus, Hootie & The Blowfish, Savage Garden, Ace Of Base, Garth Brooks, C&C Music Factory, Britney Spears, and other complete crap. I would have cleaned up if they were talking Seattle grunge...or even just 90's alternative. I'll give you a pass on your cop-out.
August 31, 201610 yr Playlist: 90's Rock | Spotify Pearl Jam - Alive Stone Temple Pilots - Wicked Garden Metallica - Enter Sandman Alice In Chains - Would? Live - Lightning Crashes Smashing Pumpkins - Cherub Rock Pearl Jam - Present Tense Guns N Roses - You Could Be Mine R.E.M. - What's The Frequency Kenneth? Soundgarden - Day I Tried To Live Dinosaur Jr. - Green Mind Alice In Chains - No Excuses Nirvana - Drain You Toadies - I Come From The Water Pearl Jam - Indifference Candlebox - You Yo La Tengo - Sugarcube Meat Puppets - Backwater Foo Fighters - This Is A Call Rage Against The Machine - Killing In The Name Metallica - Sad But True Nirvana - Polly Smashing Pumpkins - Geek USA Pearl Jam - Better Man Soundgarden - Fell On Black Days Weezer - The Good Life Lemonheads - Into Your Arms Flaming Lips - Turn It On Queensryche - Silent Lucidity Silverchair - Israel's Son Alice In Chains - Nutshell Pearl Jam - Daughter The Offspring - Self Esteem Nirvana - Lithium Pixies - Velouria Seven Mary Three - Water's Edge Tonic - Open Up Your Eyes Stone Temple Pilots - Interstate Love Song Soundgarden - Burden In My Hand Smashing Pumpkins - Bullet With Butterfly Wings Temple Of The Dog - Say Hello 2 Heaven Toadies - Possum Kingdom Sonic Youth - Sugar Kane Pearl Jam - Jeremy Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik Rage Against The Machine - Born Of A Broken Man Alice In Chains - Heaven Beside You Cracker - Low Veruca Salt - Seether Nirvana - In Bloom Foo Fighters - Everlong Soundgarden - Outshined Weezer - Tired Of Sex Afghan Whigs - Gentlemen Smashing Pumpkins - Zero Pearl Jam - Off He Goes Metallica - The Unforgiven Propaghandi - Anti-Manifesto Soul Asylum - Somebody To Shove The Offspring - Come Out And Play Nirvana - All Apologies Alice In Chains - Down In A Hole Guided By Voices - My Valuable Hunting Knife Collective Soul - Shine Matthew Sweet - Sick Of Myself Pearl Jam - Elderly Woman Behind the Counter In A Small Town Primus - My Name Is Mud Helmet - Unsung Filter - Hey Man, Nice Shot Foo Fighters - My Hero Smashing Pumpkins - Quiet Toadies - I Burn Seven Mary Three - Cumbersome Blur - Song 2 Silverchair - Abuse Me Pavement - Cut Your Hair Pearl Jam - Black Soundgarden - Rusty Cage Temple Of The Dog - Hunger Strike R.E.M. - Let Me In Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night Live - I Alone Collective Soul - Gel Alice In Chains - Rooster The Offspring - Bad Habit Screaming Trees - Nearly Lost You Pearl Jam - Breathe Silverchair - Tomorrow Candlebox - Far Behind Rage Against The Machine - Testify Pixies - Head On Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun Pearl Jam - Nothingman Weezer - Pink Triangle Mad Season - River Of Deceit Toadies - Tyler Chris Cornell - Seasons Hum - Stars Nirvana - Heart Shaped Box Smashing Pumpkins - Hummer Pearl Jam - Release Alice In Chains - Over Now
August 31, 201610 yr Nirvana - Where Did You Sleep Last Night There's a lot of great stuff on that playlist, but none of them quite encapsulate my music tastes in early high school like the number of times I listened to that Nirvana Unplugged album and the Alice in Chains Unplugged from a couple years later. Serious time in the CD player for those two.
August 31, 201610 yr There's a lot of great stuff on that playlist, but none of them quite encapsulate my music tastes in early high school like the number of times I listened to that Nirvana Unplugged album and the Alice in Chains Unplugged from a couple years later. Serious time in the CD player for those two. by FAR the two best Unplugged albums.
August 31, 201610 yr There's a lot of great stuff on that playlist, but none of them quite encapsulate my music tastes in early high school like the number of times I listened to that Nirvana Unplugged album and the Alice in Chains Unplugged from a couple years later. Serious time in the CD player for those two. I'd say Smashing Pumpkins' Siamese Dream and Pearl Jam's Vs. spent the most time in my CD player during my high school years.
August 31, 201610 yr Stereo MC's - Connected & Step It Up The Offspring - Come Out & Play, Self Esteem , Pretty Fly, The Kids Aren't Alright Verve Pipe - Freshmen Luna - 23 Minutes in Brussels, Bonnie & Clyde James - Laid, She's a Star, Say Something Primal Scream - Come Together, Movin' On Up, Rocks, Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart Mazzy Star - Fade into you The Prodigy - Firestarter, Smack My B Up Sugar Ray - Fly Son Volt - Windfall, Tear Stained Eye, Live Free, Drown Uncle Tupelo - Effigy Whiskeytown - 16 Days, Excuse Me While I Break My Own Heart Tonight, Yesterday's News Wilco - Box Full Of Letters etc... Wilco w/ Billy Bragg - California Stars The Volebeats - Somewhere In My Heart, Sky and the Ocean, Two Seconds, Don't I Wish, It's Alright, The Jesus Lizard - Then Comes Dudley, Mouth Breather Cop Shoot Cop - Any Day Now, Room 429 etc... Girls vs. Boys - Super-fire, Disco Six Six Six Stabbing Westward - What Do I Have To Do, Nothing, Lies, Control, Ungod, Throw, Portishead - Sour Times The The - Mind Bomb (1989), Dusk (1993) Days of The New - Shelf in the Room, Touch, Peel and Stand, The Down Town, Enemy White Zombie - Thunder Kiss 65, Black Sunshine King Kong - Funny Farm, Dirty City Rainy Day, Scooba Dooba Diver, Uh-Oh, Tornado Song Kula Shaker - Tattva, Govinda, Mystical Machine Gun, Hush, Shower Your Love Catherine Wheel - Black Metallic, Crank Type O Negative - Christian Woman, Black No. 1 Concrete Blonde - Bloodletting, Joey Remy Zero - Prophecy, Gramarye Headswim - Touriquet, Wising I was Naive Travis - Writing to Reach You, Driftwood, Turn, Why Does It Always Rain On Me, Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing, Pure Morning, Every You Every Me, You Don't Care About Us Love Spit Love - Am I Wrong The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony, The Drugs Don't Work, History, This is Music, Sonnet, Blue, On Your Own, Life's an Ocean, A New Decade, So It Goes, etc etc etc. Spiritualized - Ladies and Gentlemen We are Floating in Space, Come Together, I Think I'm In Love etc... Small Ball Paul - Like Swallows Orbital - Satan Fatboy Slim - The Rockafeller Skank (Funk Soul Brother) Chemical Brothers - Block Rockin' Beats etc... Air - All I Need, Sexy Boy The Underworld - Born Slippy Orgy - Blue Monday, Stitches Crystal Method - Busy Child, Comin' Back, Keep Hope Alive, Vapor Trail Jane's Addiction - Jane Says, Been Caught Stealing Porno for Pyros - Pets Butthole Surfers - Pepper Jeff Buckley - Last Goodbye, Eternal Life, Hallelujah, Lilac Wine, Grace, Mojo Pin Daniel Johnston - Life In Vain Sparklehorse - Sick of Goodbyes Mercury Rev - Goddess on a Highway, Holes Dishwalla - Counting Blue Cars The Nixons - Sister Seal - Crazy Spacehog - In The Meantime 16 Horsepower - Black Soul Choir, American Wheeze, For Heaven's Sake, Sac of Religion The Wallflowers - One Headlight, 6th Avenue Heartache Ziggy Marley 1988, 1989 - Conscious Party, Tomorrow People, One Bright Day Matthew Sweet - Girlfriend, Sick of Myself, I've Been Waiting, Someone To Pull The Trigger, Devil With The Green Eyes, I Wanted to Tell You, Superdeformed, L7 - S-List, Pretend We're Dead The Breeders - Cannonball Acetone - Things Are Gonna Be Alright, Mother Tongue - Damage, Burn Baby, Mad Word, Broken Luscious Jackson - City Song Sister Double Happiness - San Diego Low - Transmission, Over The Ocean, Starfire Superdrag - Sucked Out Guided By Voices - Motor Away, I Am A Scientist Moonpools and Caterpillars - Hear Ellott Smith - Miss Misery, Between The Bars, Waltz Local H - Bound For The Floor (Copasetic) Marcy Playground - Sex and Candy The Smithereens - Girl Like You - (1989) At The Drive-In - Quarantined, One Armed Scissor, Invalid Litter Dept. Arcarsenal, Pattern Against User, Cosmonaut, Rolodex Progaganda Sick Of It All - Consume, Scratch the Surface, No Cure Archers of Loaf - Web In Front Tripping Daisy - I Got A Girl Ween - The Mollusk album Eels - Novocaine For The Soul Counting Crows - Mr. Jones Third Eye Blind - Semi-Charmed Life World Party - Put the Message in the Box, Way Down Now, Is It Like Today, Beautiful Dream, She's The One, Call Me Up Grant Lee Buffalo - Truly Truly, Mona Lisa, The Whole Shebang LaTour - People Are Still Having Sex, Cold Hayden - We Don't Mind, Stem, The Closer I Get Psychotica - Ocean of Hunger, Freedom of Choice, Ice Planet Hell, Starucker Love Shudder To Think - X-French T-Shirt, So Into You, Hot One, Ballad of Maxwell Demon The Venus In Furs - 2HB, Ladytron, Baby's on Fire, Tumbling Down
August 31, 201610 yr These four records will be a good start. Pantera-Cowboys From Hell Pantera -Vulgar Display of Power Pantera-Far Beyond Driven Pantera-The Great Southern Trendkill
September 1, 201610 yr I loved so much music from this time. Don't know if the song/band has already been listed or not. One of my favorite covers during this time was Wild Horses by The Sundays.
September 1, 201610 yr I was also a big fan of the second LP released by Bush, I still listen to Razorblade Suitcase pretty regularly.
September 2, 201610 yr How can there not be any Afghan Whigs mentioned here? Just about anything from "Gentleman," "Black Love" or "1965" would work well here.
September 2, 201610 yr How can there not be any Afghan Whigs mentioned here? Just about anything from "Gentleman," "Black Love" or "1965" would work well here. Gentlemen is in the playlist I linked up in post #77.
September 2, 201610 yr Gentlemen is in the playlist I linked up in post #77. Must've overlooked it. Story of the Afghan Whigs' career. Always overlooked and underpromoted.
September 9, 201610 yr Haven't thought about or heard this one in a long while but it has a decent groove. Jimmie's Chicken Shack - High
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.