Bullitt East at Bowling Green predictions

The Scribe

Who wins this game?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins this game?

Bullitt East has really flown under the radar this year and are alot better than people thought. They do have a potent offense, but, haven't played a defense this strong, all year. BGs offense has been up and down at times this year, but, BEs defense hasn't been there strong suit..I think BGs offense will be able to score 2 or 3 tds, which should be plenty with the D they have. You also have throw in an extra score for the homefield advantage....Bowling Green 24 B.East 14

I am shocked there are not more posts here. This is perhaps the marquis semi-state matchup, with the #1 defense in the state vs. one of the state's finest offenses. Surely someone has some meritorious discussion material for those of us interested in this one.

The irresistable force comes in for a game at The Big El Friday, but the immovable object won't be overcome enough to the point where the Chargers will win this one unless they can come up with a defense the likes of which Hoptown threw at us.

BGHS goes to its third title game in eleven years, but I'm conceding that it won't be easy unless the defense is really on their toes!

Best of luck to both squads in the very first game played between the two schools! :D

Bowling Green isn't real flashy on offense. Stop the "Veer" and "Quick Pitch" and your taking away their 2 favorite plays. They have 2 solid QB's #7 is a better thrower of the two. But the other QB (Name escapes me) is a better runner and runs the team well. Plays under control. They like to get the ball in the hands of Avery Hibbitt. He's a speed guy with good hands. He will go in motion and use his elusiveness and athleticsm and catch the ball out of the backfield.

Defensively BG is good. Especially up front. They are big and fast. Hard to get outside on and strong up the middle. Their secondary is pretty good. You can pick on some areas back there but need to a consistent blocking O-Line to give your QB time and a QB with the arm strength to get the ball down field.

BG is playing as focused as I have seen a team play. Carrying a business like approach. Playing at home and with their tallent I'll give them a 2 TD advantage.

Bullit East is a good team and gives BG some challenges. This could be a game of adjustments. You can that about every game though.

My head tells me that BG will win this game because of Defense. Their defense is top notch and defense wins championships. My heart would like to see Bullitt East win. I saw a story on the news about how two players on this team lost family members. I thought it was awesome how one BE player went over to a spot on the field after a TD to pay tribute to his lost family member. Anytime a young man shows that kind of passion...its hard to ever pull against them.

Bullitt East is the team that few of us think they would get this far. Well they got by Boyle Co. and that was big. This BE team is for real, just ask Boyle. If BE can score some points on this great Bowling green defense,and I think they can, their own defense is just good enough that could get it done. So I'm calling this game as my upset special of the week. B.E. 14, B.G.10.

Bullitt East is the team that few of us think they would get this far. Well they got by Boyle Co. and that was big. This BE team is for real, just ask Boyle. If BE can score some points on this great Bowling green defense,and I think they can, their own defense is just good enough that could get it done. So I'm calling this game as my upset special of the week. B.E. 14, B.G.10.
Two observations ...

If Bullitt East is as run-oriented as their stats indicate, they will have a tough time generating much offense against Bowling Green.

Bullitt East's defense gave up 33 to Boyle County at home. Bowling Green's offense isn't great, but given the likelihood of excellent field position, the chances are the Purples will score more than 10.

This seems like the year Bullitt East wins AAA state, I think after their win over Boyle, they are ready to play and beat Bowling Green... I will definately not be surprised if BG wins, they have a great squad.
I could be really wrong about this, but I don't think a squeaker past Boyle County makes Bullitt East necessarily makes then a good bet to beat Bowling Green. The Rebels aren't in the elite class this year ... Bowling Green is.