Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry / Russell predictions

Who wins this one? 177 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

    • Belfry by 7 or more?
      37%
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
      12%
    • Russell by 7 or more?
      22%
    • Russell by 6 or less?
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

  • Replies 360
  • Views 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Belfry's rushing attack will be too much.

Belfry 27

Russell 14

 

I'm hoping you're wrong, AT41. I haven't seen Belfry, but I know that they are well coached, and hit hard - but I still have to pull for the Devils. If they don't win, I might not get my blouse back in the mail ...

 

 

Frances

Belfry's rushing attack will be too much.

 

Belfry 27

 

Russell 14

Let's hope not! Anything can happen on any given Friday night! I think both teams matchup pretty well going by paper of course. Anyway numbers of rushing yards can get inflated you know. For instance you can leave kids in to get stats or you can say forget the numbers and lets just win,and let others play. I think McGlone has done that this year. Russell is an excellent rushing team as well. They also proved that they can throw it too. Watch out Pirates theDevils could I said COULD just sink the ship!! :fight:

Belfry's rushing attack will be too much.

 

Belfry 27

 

Russell 14

 

Rush defense has not been a problem this year. Sometimes suseptable against the pass. Belfry's is very good though. The Hank is worth a TD and I think this game is even before that so....

 

Russell 28

Belfry 21

I think it is an amazing coaching job by both staffs that both these teams are back. Russell lost 22 seniors and lots of talent. Don't know how many seniors Belfry lost, but I know they lost a lot of talent.

 

Both teams just reloaded.

I think it is an amazing coaching job by both staffs that both these teams are back. Russell lost 22 seniors and lots of talent. Don't know how many seniors Belfry lost, but I know they lost a lot of talent.

 

Both teams just reloaded.

No doubt there...

I think it is an amazing coaching job by both staffs that both these teams are back. Russell lost 22 seniors and lots of talent. Don't know how many seniors Belfry lost, but I know they lost a lot of talent.

 

Both teams just reloaded.

Coaches did a super job and also the younger players from last year for both these teams learned from the older guys leadership, worked hard day in and out, and dedicated themselves to the system to get back to this point. I think that these young men have tremendous character to accomplish what they have this season. Anyway it also goes to show that those seniors on the 04 teams had great influence and leadership skills to help these current kids be successful on the field! :thumb:

I hope that Belfry wins but I believe that Russell wins this game at home.

 

Russell-28

Belfry-24

 

GO PIRATES!!!

Let's hope not! Anything can happen on any given Friday night! I think both teams matchup pretty well going by paper of course. Anyway numbers of rushing yards can get inflated you know. For instance you can leave kids in to get stats or you can say forget the numbers and lets just win,and let others play. I think McGlone has done that this year. Russell is an excellent rushing team as well. They also proved that they can throw it too. Watch out Pirates theDevils could I said COULD just sink the ship!! :fight:

Belfry dont run up the scores or pad the stats neither. So our stats arent padded. We have had several games were our backs hardly touch the ball. Belfry has a soldid rushing attack to dont doubt it. It will be a great ball game.

I really think people are under estimating the Pirates this year. I think that it's hard for everyone to look past the loss of Howard/Jones/Childers. No one expected Belfry to be here and are a little surprised that they are. I'm sure that Russell is a very good team this year, because I have heard nothing but good things about them.

 

I guess my only question is this..If Russell has 3 very good backs this year, where were they last year. Josh Gross was pretty much the only back that got their hands on the ball during last years game. Why wasn't these kids utilized last year? Are they freshman or tranfers that wasn't eligible last year? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, I was just wondering.

I really think people are under estimating the Pirates this year. I think that it's hard for everyone to look past the loss of Howard/Jones/Childers. No one expected Belfry to be here and are a little surprised that they are. I'm sure that Russell is a very good team this year, because I have heard nothing but good things about them.

 

I guess my only question is this..If Russell has 3 very good backs this year, where were they last year. Josh Gross was pretty much the only back that got their hands on the ball during last years game. Why wasn't these kids utilized last year? Are they freshman or tranfers that wasn't eligible last year? I'm not trying to sound sarcastic, I was just wondering.

Two things.

 

1. BGP could never sell Belfry short. You Pond Creekers make sure of it. :D

 

2. If these Belfry backs are now this good, where were they last year. See posts above about reloading...

Belfry dont run up the scores or pad the stats neither. So our stats arent padded. We have had several games were our backs hardly touch the ball. Belfry has a soldid rushing attack to dont doubt it. It will be a great ball game.

I wasn't saying they did that I was stating that sometimes teams do that. I know for instance the West Carter game Clark had 4 carries for 106 and 2 TD's . The game was out of hand and Coach McGlone tries not to show anyone up. I agree that Belfry is nothing but class! The kids play hard and are well coached. I was just stating that we can all look at paper and play the game, but it will be decided between the hashes Friday Night. I personally think the fans are in for a treat Friday Night! :jump:

Two things.

 

1. BGP could never sell Belfry short. You Pond Creekers make sure of it. :D

 

2. If these Belfry backs are now this good, where were they last year. See posts above about reloading...

 

Back at ya:

 

1. Seems like there are just as many Russell fans as Belfry fans on here.

 

2. 3 words for ya, Jones/Howard/Childers. Need I say more. :cool:

 

It just seems like to me that Gross could have used a little of their help last year if they were just standing on the sidelines.

Back at ya:

 

1. Seems like there are just as many Russell fans as Belfry fans on here.

 

2. 3 words for ya, Jones/Howard/Childers. Need I say more. :cool:

 

It just seems like to me that Gross could have used a little of their help last year if they were just standing on the sidelines.

1. They keep a lot more quiet. :p

 

2. Clark had a great season last year...

Clark had a great season last year...

 

 

Never heard anything but Gross from Russell last year is all I'm saying.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.