Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry / Russell predictions

Who wins this one? 177 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

    • Belfry by 7 or more?
      37%
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
      12%
    • Russell by 7 or more?
      22%
    • Russell by 6 or less?
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

1. They keep a lot more quiet. :p

 

2. Clark had a great season last year...

 

 

1. Not if you're one of them :D;)

 

2. Still only heard of Gross :cool:

  • Replies 360
  • Views 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

 

2. Still only heard of Gross :cool:

You didn't listen hard enough. Not my fault...

 

 

:lol:

Clark had 1100 rushing yards on 99 attempts and 13 TD's as a Sophmore last season. However, against Belfry he had 10 carries for 34 yards. He played every down. He didn't have a great game at the Vipp, and the intimidating Belfry D probably had alot to do with that! He has matured and is stronger and quicker 1200 yards and 38 TD's coming into Friday for the junior.

You didn't listen hard enough. Not my fault...

 

 

:lol:

 

 

I noticed you left off my #1 from the previous post.. :sssh: :D :lol:

 

Anyway..I think that this will be a very good game and one for the books. It doesn't get any better than 2 great teams with 2 great coaches. Oh yeah, it does, 2 State Championships (hopefully 3)! ;)

 

I'll make my prediction later in the week.

Pirate Pal, In all fairness I haven't heard of anyone from Belfry this season but Maynard, and I'm sure all you've heard from Russell is Clark.

Clark had 1100 rushing yards on 99 attempts and 13 TD's as a Sophmore last season. However, against Belfry he had 10 carries for 34 yards. He played every down. He didn't have a great game at the Vipp, and the intimidating Belfry D probably had alot to do with that! He has matured and is stronger and quicker 1200 yards and 38 TD's coming into Friday for the junior.

 

 

Thanks for the info. I knew that Gross touched the ball more than anyone else at Vipperman Stadium and that is probably the reason I hadn't heard or remembered anything about Clark. It's funny what one year will do for a kids talent level.

1. Not if you're one of them :D;)

 

2. Still only heard of Gross :cool:

You will soon find out all about Kasey Clark since You've never heard of him.Remember this #24. :lol:

Pirate Pal, In all fairness I haven't heard of anyone from Belfry this season but Maynard, and I'm sure all you've heard from Russell is Clark.

 

 

That is a fair assessment. Matt is getting his fair share of the media attention this year..and it is deserving by all means. Although Chapman was the leading rusher one game ago and still may be, he isn't getting the write ups like Matt is. It may have something to do with Matt being a Sr., while Chapman and May are a junior and soph, respectively.

You will soon find out all about Kasey Clark since You've never heard of him.Remember this #24. :lol:

 

 

UMM, yeah..ok.. :rolleyes:

 

I was talking about last year when I said I had only heard of Gross. I have heard of Clark and I was just wondering.... .aww never mind. :irked: :cool:

Absolutely, And there are some great football players all over the state that wouldn't have seen the field with the RB's that Belfry had last season. Maynard would have been a stud at alot of other schools, but at Belfry he was hidden behind those guys. And I sure he is glad he was every time he looks at his hand!!! ;)

Absolutely, And there are some great football players all over the state that wouldn't have seen the field with the RB's that Belfry had last season. Maynard would have been a stud at alot of other schools, but at Belfry he was hidden behind those guys. And I sure he is glad he was every time he looks at his hand!!! ;)

 

I can honestly say that I was quite worried at the end of last year about replacing or at least trying to replace the triple threat that we had in the backfield. I have to give credit to Maynard/Chapman/May for stepping up and stepping up big this year. It would have been easy for them to not be patient and go to another school to play, but their patience and hardwork has paid off tremendously for not only them but the entire Belfry team.

 

Just as I'm sure that your backs have waited their turn and now want to try and reap the rewards from it.

 

This game will be full of hungry young men wanting the gold. I'm just glad to be able to be a very tiny part of it as a fan.

Russell wins a close one and moves on to play Desales at the carpet

I can honestly say that I was quite worried at the end of last year about replacing or at least trying to replace the triple threat that we had in the backfield. I have to give credit to Maynard/Chapman/May for stepping up and stepping up big this year. It would have been easy for them to not be patient and go to another school to play, but their patience and hardwork has paid off tremendously for not only them but the entire Belfry team.

 

Just as I'm sure that your backs have waited their turn and now want to try and reap the rewards from it.

 

This game will be full of hungry young men wanting the gold. I'm just glad to be able to be a very tiny part of it as a fan.

Well said! I agree. Josh Gross was special. He is Russell's All-Time All-Everything. But he did a great job helping lead these current kids to give them a taste of success and what it takes to play for championships. It seems as though kids from both schools have really stepped it up. And I'm glad we start this years game at 0-0 instead of where we left off last year at 39-17. :D

. And I'm glad we start this years game at 0-0 instead of where we left off last year at 39-17. :D

 

 

I just hope it ends exactly the same way it did last year. :D :banana:

I just hope it ends exactly the same way it did last year. :D :banana:

:fight: :fire: :fight: :fire:

Let's get some SWEET REVENGE!!!!!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.