Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Belfry / Russell predictions

Who wins this one? 177 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins this one?

    • Belfry by 7 or more?
      37%
    • Belfry by 6 or less?
      12%
    • Russell by 7 or more?
      22%
    • Russell by 6 or less?
      26%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Looking at the clock screeeeeeeming. lets go Devils !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  • Replies 360
  • Views 35k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Game time is drawing near and the excitement is rising as the temperature is falling. The community support is going to be awesome for both schools. No matter the outcome, we should all count ourselves fortunate to be a part of the excitement. All but 16 schools would be happy to trade us places.

 

Russell wins tonight. I say this for several reasons. Mostly, like fans from both sides, it is because I want it to be!! Most of us don't want to admit it but it is true. However there are several differences from last year that I believe will make the difference. The most obvious is the loss of Jones and Howard. I realize both teams lost several great players and that the new backfield for the Pirates is very good, BUT it is a rarity to have 2 players of that caliber in 1 backfield and both be seniors. We had 1 last year and Clark is turning into that player before our very eyes, but I am talking about 2 great senior running backs playing at the same time.

 

In addition, Maynard is not the kind of runner that has given Russell problems in the past. Certainly he has had a great year and is capable of big numbers, but the Devils usually have trouble with power backs like Matt Johnson of the Ashland Tomcats. I know Belfry has 2 other bigger backs, but I'll be surprised, to say the least, if they turn out to be better than last years backfield.

 

I would freely admit that Russell lost a lot from last year in the backfield, but they have replaced the losses with seniors and Clark is a year older. They have replaced Gross' numbers by committee. I also worried about Brown replacing Mullins' leadership, but to my pleasant surprise, Tommy is rising to the occasion.

 

Most importantly, Russell is relatively injury free. They absorbed a potentially devastating loss with the season ending injury to Justin Potter and have had their share of minor bang ups. Last year this team was marred by injuries all year with particular problems to key players in the Belfry game. Coach McGlone does not complain nor make excuses so this wasn't emphasized last year. I believe this was a tremendous factor last year and is the main reason we appeared to wear down. This is not the case this year for Russell. If I am right Russell wins tonight and I would love to see a healthy 2004 Red Devil team play Belfry. We might still lose but I would expect it to come down to the last possesion.

 

There is more! Homefield advantage is often over-rated, but with two teams with such rich tradition it does make a difference. Russell has that advantage this year.

 

I also take comfort in the fact that P-burg, who gets beaten by a region 4 team starting with a B, who then goes on to win it all, DID NOT HAPPEN.

THIS IS RUSSELL'S YEAR!!!

Just a bit of information for those who may be worried about getting tickets. I just spoke with Russell's AD and he said it WILL NOT be a sell out. We will not turn anyone away who wants to see this game.

 

Good luck to both teams and.......

 

 

 

 

 

 

GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to a great crowd. Brave the cold weather and come out to support High School Football. It's good to see the local schools showing their support for Russell. Good Neighbors. I know when I go to the sweet 16 to watch basketball I'm always supporting the Region 16 champ (And its never Russell).

3 more hours and Rocky will be doing introductions.......

Good luck Belfry!!

 

Bring another regional championship home to Pike County!

Good luck Belfry!!

 

Bring another regional championship home to Pike County!

They done brought home the regional championship. Now the state championship I believe Russell has somthing to say about that tonight. :flame:

Russell needs to throw the ball more. They have a good passing game and guys who will get open and catch the ball. I really dont understand why they dont throw it more. It definently came in handy last week when the running game wasnt gettin much going.

Russell needs to throw the ball more. They have a good passing game and guys who will get open and catch the ball. I really dont understand why they dont throw it more. It definently came in handy last week when the running game wasnt gettin much going.

 

 

Geez, we have almost 1000 yards passing this year. What else do you want? That's a ton more than normal.

 

I'm just kidding Big Daddy. I couldn't agree with you more. Not being able to pass has cost us games in the past, this year we can throw and probably need to throw more. But just having that passing threat really helps our run game. Tommy Brown has really developed into a dual threat. Plus having some guys that can catch the ball doesn't hurt.

You are right, FBALL, Belfry runs more option and a little less of the veer and belly than last year. They are a wishbone/option team with big play capability. They are not quite as big or strong up front as they were the last couple of years, but they are fundamentlaly sound and in good condition.

They always are.

Gotta go with Belfry in this game ;) .

They done brought home the regional championship. Now the state championship I believe Russell has somthing to say about that tonight. :flame:

 

:lol:

 

Thanks for correcting that...I am a week behind...I think it will be a great game tonight. I think Russell wins a hard fought game but I am pulling for the Pirates.

Go Red devils

 

 

:fight: :fight:

There will be NO way that they will hold back belfry's 3 runners with just 14 points... :flame: :flame:

 

 

Yes way.

I now call Idoc The Prophet. :dancingpa

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.