Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

UK through non-conference and for the rest of the season...

Featured Replies

I thought we would lose 3-4 during the regular season & 4-5 in SEC, so this team has exceeded my expectations thus far. Would be nice to start the SEC with a big road win @ UGA.

 

Individually, I expected more of Miller. Lamb has been a lot better than I imagined. Knight & Jones are our best players, which was expected. Jorts has obviously been a pleasant surprise of late. But Liggins is my guy. He is to this team what Chuck Hayes was to the 2004-05 team. I so much hope that he can get on an NBA roster and become a Bruce Bowen-type player.

 

Unfortunately, I don't ever expect Poole, Hood or Vargas to ever contribute much to UK.

Eloy Vargas = Sheray Thomas

 

I think Sheray Thomas was better than Eloy.:lol:

Eloy Vargas = Sheray Thomas

 

I'm thinking more of Aminu Timberlake, but Thomas is close too.

I think the best option for him would be to transfer.

 

I know a school he'd fit in great at...wouldn't even have to sit out lol.

  • Author
Eloy Vargas = Sheray Thomas

 

That is an insult to Sheray. Vargas is pretty bad.

I'm not buying the "last years team was more talented" argument anymore. This team is plenty talented and plays better together. I think these guys have games that are more adaptable to the college game than last year. I'm not sure I would trade knight and jones for wall and Patterson and I dang sure wouldn't trade lamb for Bledsoe.

UK 09-10 & UK 10-11 are exact opposites of one another. The strength of one is the weakness of the other & vice versa.

Vargas is physically weak and it hurts his play. He is also not the most aware players I have seen. But we will need him to have productive minutes this year. Harrellson will not stay out of foul trouble all year.

UK 09-10 & UK 10-11 are exact opposites of one another. The strength of one is the weakness of the other & vice versa.

 

One thing both teams have in common is that they play very good defense, IMO. Even when UK isn't shooting well from the outside, I think they are capable of playing well enough defensively to hang with nearly anyone.

One thing both teams have in common is that they play very good defense, IMO. Even when UK isn't shooting well from the outside, I think they are capable of playing well enough defensively to hang with nearly anyone.

 

Agree on the defense, but even that is a little different. Last year's team was so solid defensively because of the numerous shot blockers. Even Wall got into the shot-blocking act from time-to-time. This year, I think we're much better defenders out on the perimeter. But, as you said, both teams get/got it done.

But the SEC was much better last year too

 

I agree; IMO the conference is definitely weaker than last year.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.