Bullitt East 35 Boyle County 33

swamprat

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How's this for a possible final - Bullitt East, with a stud running back who's Dad was a standout 16th Region basketball player, playing Russell, in December - in the Pizza Box.

I'm getting that "down home" feeling again ....

Frances

Is Corey June Bug's son??

First off congrats to BE.

Secondly are my thoughts of the game. This game could've been won by Boyle several times but they just did exactly what they did in last years Championship game, they just didnt make the plays on offense when they needed to most. Thats ok though because I am proud of all those boys out there, especially the seniors!! Their defense stepped up in the 2nd half, as well as BE's. And it didn't seem like Boyle ran the ball that much at all tonight. From a fans standpoint it looked like they ran the same pass play maybe 3 or 4 times in a row a couple of times tonight. They were looking to dominate with the pass and it just wasn't in the cards for the Rebels tonight!! Congrats on a great season fellas and may God bless your lives with everything you desire! I love you #22!!

First off congrats to BE.

Secondly are my thoughts of the game. This game could've been won by Boyle several times but they just did exactly what they did in last years Championship game, they just didnt make the plays on offense when they needed to most. Thats ok though because I am proud of all those boys out there, especially the seniors!! Their defense stepped up in the 2nd half, as well as BE's. And it didn't seem like Boyle ran the ball that much at all tonight. From a fans standpoint it looked like they ran the same pass play maybe 3 or 4 times in a row a couple of times tonight. They were looking to dominate with the pass and it just wasn't in the cards for the Rebels tonight!! Congrats on a great season fellas and may God bless your lives with everything you desire! I love you #22!!

:thumb:

How's this for a possible final - Bullitt East, with a stud running back who's Dad was a standout 16th Region basketball player, playing Russell, in December - in the Pizza Box.

I'm getting that "down home" feeling again ....

Frances

When did Russell move to 3a lol?

Tonight was a tremendous football game. Both teams played very hard. Boyle has nothing to hang their heads about. They had a fantastic run, and my hat goes off to them. The atmosphere at the game was unbelievable, fans from both sides made lots of noise and really supported their teams well. I hope everyone from Boyle had a safe trip home.

When did Russell move to 3a lol?

You are correct, Belfry Boy. I was bouncing between about 5 different threads, got excited and singlehandedly moved Russell up to AAA.

Looks like I need to call the KHSAA and tell them that they have 5 teams left in the AAA playoffs, and only 3 teams in AA.

Sorry.

Frances

Whenever you play a game fair and square and you lose, you have nothing to hang your head about. I can't even begin to tell anyone just how proud I, and all the Rebel fans, are of these young men. They play with such heart and they truly are such a fine group of people. No one could ever ask anymore from them than what they have given. No one and I do mean no one can ever say Boyle County hasn't earned everything they have got. They have went from a team that no one respected to a team that everyone guns for. This in itself is a compliment that few teams every receive. Boyle fans are not sore losers so on that note I will say a game well played and BE deserves to go on to the semi-final. I would like to thank each senior for what they have done for our football team. I wish them continue success in wherever life leads them. I hope they have a healthy and happy life filled with lots of returns to Boyle County to watch our future champions play. May every young man who continues to play this year come out of each game healthy and may each fan return to their homes safely. I love you #72 !!!!!!! And as always and for forever...........GO REBELS!!!!!!!

Congrads to BE they deserved to win the game. They just outplayed the Rebels. There where some big plays that doomed Boyle. BE scoring on the last play of the 1st. half, and Rakes breaking lose on a 4th. quarter TD run. Bullitt East made the plays and Boyle didn't when it counted the most. I thought that BE had great sportmanship before, during, and after the game. Goodluck for the rest of the playoffs.

On a side note I hope, that our kicker #89 Patrick Barsotti is OK. He was greatly missed in last nights game.

Congrats BE for the win and congrats Rebels for a pretty darn good season. From what I recall there were a lot of people saying Boyle was not going to be very good this year due a big loss of talent. While the season was not up to your recent "standards", I think your boys played hard all season long. And that is the real standard each of us should use to evaluate our team and our boys. Hope to see some of the Rebels fans at the state games. It would be good seeing you and some Ad fans again. Take care and get 'em next year.