Bullitt East 35 Boyle County 33

swamprat

Tonight was a tremendous football game. Both teams played very hard. Boyle has nothing to hang their heads about. They had a fantastic run, and my hat goes off to them. The atmosphere at the game was unbelievable, fans from both sides made lots of noise and really supported their teams well. I hope everyone from Boyle had a safe trip home.

Thanks becharger1,even though we lost,we still enjoy ourselves. You guys really did put on a great show, with the fireworks, fire engine and all. Just a great atmosphere for football and we try to make a much noise as possible

with those jugs. ;) Hay good luck next week. :thumb:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to B.E on a "Big Win"!! Thanks to our boys on a very good season, we just came up a little short. We have nothing to hang our heads about and no one player is to blame. There were several big plays that were made and "not made" that determined the outcome of the game.

The one play that will stand out in my mind the absolute most, is when we were down 35-20 and scored a touchdown and went for 2. This is a fundamental rule in football that you don't go for 2 until you have to.

Not only did the 2 point conversion fail, but it still left us 2 scores down,

35-26.

Inevitably, this was "huge" in the outcome of the game, as we were able to score another touchdown but still found ourselves down by 3, 35-32 without even the possibility of tying the game because of the decision to go for two earlier. It wasn't even necessary..

Not pointing fingers, but just wondering who made that decision.

Rebel88,

The person making that decision was doing what they were supposed to be doing, coaching. The decision to go for two might have been made with information not available to us, or with knowledge above what we think would be "normal".

The "huge" event of this game was that Bullitt East played a better game and won. I think that is the most important aspect of this game.

I applaud you on giving BE their props (deserved, I might add) and want to do the same myself. For myself, I think our team did much better than anyone might have guessed at the start of the season. I've very proud of the way these young men pulled together to give us the season we had. I look forward to next season when we can build upon this year's accomplishments and try to achieve even more success.

Hope to see you there, whatever the season brings.

This is a fundamental rule in football that you don't go for 2 until you have to.

Not only did the 2 point conversion fail, but it still left us 2 scores down,

35-26.

I in no way am blaming the loss on this call, but I have to agree with Rebel88. If Boyle goes for 2 after the last touchdown with a score of 35-33 and needed the 2 for the tie. I liked our chances better. I know this is if's and buts, but I still would have liked our chances better after our last touchdown to go for the tie. I'm not a coach, and I don't clame to be the coach. This is just how I saw it. With out our coaching staff, we would not have even been playing in this game. The game is now history and over with, and Bullitt East just made the plays when it counted the most. They deserved to win that game last Friday night. Goodluck luck next week in Bowling Green BE! :thumb: Looking forward to a rematch next season at Home!

Rebel88,

The person making that decision was doing what they were supposed to be doing, coaching. The decision to go for two might have been made with information not available to us, or with knowledge above what we think would be "normal".

The "huge" event of this game was that Bullitt East played a better game and won. I think that is the most important aspect of this game.

I applaud you on giving BE their props (deserved, I might add) and want to do the same myself. For myself, I think our team did much better than anyone might have guessed at the start of the season. I've very proud of the way these young men pulled together to give us the season we had. I look forward to next season when we can build upon this year's accomplishments and try to achieve even more success.

Hope to see you there, whatever the season brings.

:thumb: :thumb: As one fan told me yesterday - 281 days until kickoff. We are bringing back some great kids and I think they are going to be outstanding. What a great season they gave us and what fun they were to watch!!!!!! Thank goodness I didn't go into coaching as my profession :scared: :scared: ;)

I have really had a hard time time writing this. I was not ready for this season to end for the Rebels. All of what has been written before in this tread is true, especially about BE making the plays when they were needed and BC not making the big plays at some times. With that said, the outcome of the game is as it should be. BE is advancing to the semi's and I feel they will represent our region well. I feel they will advance on to Papa's Place with pride. I also applaud BE fans for the good sportsmanship they displayed. I went to the game expecting to see all kinds of bad behavior and stuff but found a great football atmosphere and great football fans.

That behind me, Congrats to the Rebels for another great ride and for handling yourselves the way you did. Even if you did come up a couple of games short of your desires, you took us fans a couple of steps farther than most people expected when this season started. Thanks again for the ride. Now I can hardly wait for the next season to start and see what you have in store for us next. Love you all big time. ;)