Boone County vs. Conner Predictions

Wouldn't it make more sense for Montgomery to defend Hodges instead of Brown?

Would it surprise anyone to see Conner play some zone?

Zane McCreary may be able to shoot them out of that zone. He has had a good start in the first two games. This should definitely be a good game to watch and see how the teams respond to each others strengths.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zane McCreary may be able to shoot them out of that zone. He has had a good start in the first two games. This should definitely be a good game to watch and see how the teams respond to each others strengths.

I agree. It might actually benefit one or both of these two to play some zone though.

There are several different combinations of players for both teams that could lead to some mis-matches.

What kind of depth do the Rebels have this year?

In my opinion not much. The starting 5 are real real good though. The only players they have coming off the bench is Stanely. Who is a great player, doesn't turn the ball over, not much of a scores but hustles. They also have Fookes, he will come off the bench and get some big boards. Botang seems to out of control and to much (New York style ball) which is why he won't see the court. I'm still waiting to see Pitts play. I think he can contribute a lot if he's given the chance.

In my opinion not much. The starting 5 are real real good though. The only players they have coming off the bench is Stanely. Who is a great player, doesn't turn the ball over, not much of a scores but hustles. They also have Fookes, he will come off the bench and get some big boards. Botang seems to out of control and to much (New York style ball) which is why he won't see the court. I'm still waiting to see Pitts play. I think he can contribute a lot if he's given the chance.

I question the bolded above. There is not a starting 5 in NKY that is "real real" good. If there were, they would be top 10 in the state. Boone has a good team but their depth will hurt them and a tight man to man will limit the outside threat.

I question the bolded above. There is not a starting 5 in NKY that is "real real" good. If there were, they would be top 10 in the state. Boone has a good team but their depth will hurt them and a tight man to man will limit the outside threat.

Your right. But actions are better than words. I don't know very many teams that can matchup with the height of Boone, or anyone who can handle Brown. I look for Boone to lose very few games this year.

Your right. But actions are better than words. I don't know very many teams that can matchup with the height of Boone, or anyone who can handle Brown. I look for Boone to lose very few games this year.

You said that about Boone County's football team to. Good luck!

With the schedule they have I agree, they will lose few games this year. When they do play good teams, it comes down to the guards. Boone has very little varsity experience at that position and when they meet a team that presses (like Holmes) they will struggle. The bigs are useless unless they get the ball. It takes more one or two ball handlers to break a quick, athletic press. Quickness is one area that Boone is lacking and they won't be even close to the defensive teams they had in previous years.