The official "There shouldn't be 2 Louisville schools in the finals" thread.

All Tell

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a resident that has always lived in NKY, I feel that way at times. But I can also say that I can't complain until someone rises to the challenge. Louisville is clearly a cut above the rest of KY in 6A, as well as all other classes this year. Just think, Trinity's team is young this year, meaning there should be plenty more to come for them.

They earned it, they are the best teams and as rocktopper said, the KHSAA has the system manipulated to prevent this every so often like next year. They want to give all teams an opportunity to play in the title game whether they are the best 2 teams or not. We must take care of everyone. How about adding a 7th Class with Louisville having their own State. :ohbrother:

As a resident that has always lived in NKY, I feel that way at times. But I can also say that I can't complain until someone rises to the challenge. Louisville is clearly a cut above the rest of KY in 6A, as well as all other classes this year. Just think, Trinity's team is young this year, meaning there should be plenty more to come for them.
Louisville a cut above the rest of Ky in ALL Classes? Hmm? Let's see, is Mayfield or Hazard located in the Louisville area? Need to go check my map, be right back! Nope, neither town has moved.

Technically, there are three with Central, but I know what you mean. :D

Noone really wants to acknowledge Central. They keep winning year in and year out, rack up titles, sending guys to major college programs, but we need to keep quiet about them inner city teams.

In 6A the Louisville area has 16 6A teams, there are only 16 6a teams in the reast of the state. If 50% of the 6A teams are from the Louisville area then why is it a shock when 2 of those teams play for the title (even if 1 of those teams ducked playing either of the catholic schools - looking at you Male). I personally don't care who plays in the finals, X and T included, as long as they are 2 of the best teams in 6A. I don't root for either of the catholic teams, in fact I enjoy it when someone rises to the occasion and beats them, but if they are the best teams why not play for the title. This is why I hate the new district/region for next year, all it has done is move the title game up 2 weeks.

They earned it, they are the best teams and as rocktopper said, the KHSAA has the system manipulated to prevent this every so often like next year. They want to give all teams an opportunity to play in the title game whether they are the best 2 teams or not. We must take care of everyone. How about adding a 7th Class with Louisville having their own State. :ohbrother:

Actually with 3 district with teams from Louisville in them there will always be a chance of 2 Louisville schools in the 6A finals but with the creation of the super district one of the 2 teams would have to be someone other then T, X, H or DM.

Louisville a cut above the rest of Ky in ALL Classes? Hmm? Let's see, is Mayfield or Hazard located in the Louisville area? Need to go check my map, be right back! Nope, neither town has moved.

I meant Louisville 6A teams is better than all other teams regardless of class, I didn't mean all teams in their area from Class A-6A.