Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

6A: Trinity/Ryle Predictions

Who wins? 174 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Will the Raiders pull off the upset and beat the two teams with the most state titles in the same year?

  • Replies 207
  • Views 19.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My heart says Ryle, as I support all nky teams against teams not from here, but head says that Trinity will be too much for the Raiders and win by a few scores.

 

I do think this Ryle has a better chance at hanging with the Trinity than the last one that T saw in a big game like this. It also helps that the Raiders get the Rocks on their home turf.

 

Hempel and Elliott are the keys for Ryle, much like every other game. They must be balanced.

 

I'll go with the following:

 

Trinity- 35

Ryle 17

Ryle is so run oriented I don't think they have a shot against Trinity. I hope I'm wrong.

My heart says Ryle, as I support all nky teams against teams not from here, but head says that Trinity will be too much for the Raiders and win by a few scores.

 

I do think this Ryle has a better chance at hanging with the Trinity than the last one that T saw in a big game like this. It also helps that the Raiders get the Rocks on their home turf.

 

Hempel and Elliott are the keys for Ryle, much like every other game. They must be balanced.

 

I'll go with the following:

 

Trinity- 35

Ryle 17

 

Balance is the key. X managed to control the clock in the first half and it was 7-7, but as soon as we scored two quick TDs in the second half the wheels came off. Their passing game was nonexistent and it cost them any chance to get back in the game.

Ryle has the ability to use a balanced game plan as they have a pretty darn good Qb in 6'3 Conner Hempel. But, when you have a kid like Travis Elliott toting that rock, it's hard to go away from too often.

 

One thing's for sure....this will be toughest RB Trinity has faced this year, not named Conner Hundley.

Ryle has the ability to use a balanced game plan as they have a pretty darn Qb in 6'3 Conner Hempel. But, when you have a kid like Travis Elliott toting that rock, it's hard to go away from too often.

 

One thing's for sure....this will be toughest RB Trinity has faced this year, not named Conner Hundley.

 

 

That kid from Cincy X was a scary back!!

 

X had some success on the ground, Ryle will have to be very VERY careful with the ball. If we score off turnovers it could put them in the same position X was in.

Ryle has the ability to use a balanced game plan as they have a pretty darn Qb in 6'3 Conner Hempel. But, when you have a kid like Travis Elliott toting that rock, it's hard to go away from too often.

 

One thing's for sure....this will be toughest RB Trinity has faced this year, not named Conner Hundley.

 

My next question was "how does he compare to Connor Hundley"?

  • Author
My next question was "how does he compare to Connor Hundley"?

 

Very similar. He and Hempel always seem to fall forward.

 

Ryle's line has great pad level off the ball and gets a good surge. Also very disciplined (at least in the games I've seen) and commit few if any penalties.

My next question was "how does he compare to Connor Hundley"?

 

Tough to say. I haven't seen Connor since last year when I covered X against Moeller at UC.

 

I'd say Travis has more size and muscle at 5'11 195 (Connor is only around 5'9).

 

Both have great balance, speed, and strength. Elliott is a loose cannon though. There's going to be a collision with anyone trying to go heads up with him and he rarely is pushed back, as already stated in a post before.

Hickory Dickory Dock, I see a running clock...

Hickory Dickory Dock, I see a running clock...

 

And I forsee that prediction being way off....

 

No team in the state is good enough to beat Ryle by a running clock. If I'm wrong, gladly serve the crow up any which way you like.

  • Author
Hickory Dickory Dock, I see a running clock...

 

I hope you are right, but I just don't see it. Ryle beat Highlands.

 

I'm more concerned about this game than the X game.

 

First road game for our Greenies since October 15th.

 

We shall see.

Can a Ryle faithful tell us how this years team compares to the 06 team that played for the titile?

The poem was just a joke... with home cookin on the horizon any W will be a good one. Still, I saw Trinity destroy what Ryle fans thought was a good team in 06. 41-7 ... it could have been much worse.

Edited by gold sunrise
Rule #13

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.