Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A: Murray at Owensboro Catholic predictions

Who wins the Region 1 title? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Region 1 title?

    • Murray
      43%
    • Owensboro Catholic
      56%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I am pulling for the Catholics in O'boro because I used to be one! :ylsuper:

OBoro Cath hasn't seen a defense as good as Murrays and that includes Owensboro and the Tigers backs are big and run hard behind a big, talented and experienced offensive line... Murray may have been the 2nd best 2a team in the state last year with nearly everyone back along with some very tallented and skilled younger kids... I don't think there's any question that Murray is improved, by sheer experience and maturity, if for no other reason...I don't think Ocath would have come within 4 scores of the Tigers last year and as improved as they are, I just don't see them being that much improved to knock off an even tougher Tiger team... Murray by a couple of scores, imo, and could be worse, but, it is at the Boro, so, we'll leave it at that...

OBoro Cath hasn't seen a defense as good as Murrays and that includes Owensboro and the Tigers backs are big and run hard behind a big, talented and experienced offensive line... Murray may have been the 2nd best 2a team in the state last year with nearly everyone back along with some very tallented and skilled younger kids... I don't think there's any question that Murray is improved, by sheer experience and maturity, if for no other reason...I don't think Ocath would have come within 4 scores of the Tigers last year and as improved as they are, I just don't see them being that much improved to knock off an even tougher Tiger team... Murray by a couple of scores, imo, and could be worse, but, it is at the Boro, so, we'll leave it at that...

 

Murray was without a doubt the 2nd best team in 2A last season. The Regional Championship between Murray and FC was also the State Championship!

This should be an excellent game. OC's Coach Edge will be ready for this game and his offense will be more than challenging for Murray to stop. Having watched both teams play against FC, I give the advantage to OC. They played us with virtually flawless football with the exception of I believe one 5 yd penalty on offense.

 

Murray is a very good running team and solid on defense and special teams. At some point, they will be challenged to throw the ball to match points with OC. In these current times, it will be hard to win a state title with a one dimension offense.

 

I give the advantage to Coach Edge and his Aces in this matchup. Should Murray pull this one off, it will be fine with me as I have no affection for Owensboro Catholic.

 

OC 28

Murray 21

Edited by FalconBacker

I give the advantage to Coach Edge and his Aces in this matchup. Should Murray pull this one off, it will be fine with me as I have no affection for Owensboro Catholic.

My thoughts exactly.

 

Later.

OC wins convincingly.

Feel that thsi game will be won or lost by Catholic's defense. If they can make some stops on Murray then they will be able to put up some points but if they allow Murray to play ball control then Murray wins the game.

For all the success of these two schools over the years, this will be the first ever playoff meeting between the Aces and Tigers. Just a fact I found interesting.

 

What role will the game being played in Owensboro have on the outcome? Seems like an advantage most teams would want this late in the postseason.

The Last meeting between Murray and O Cath 2008 Murray Won 16-14 and never threw the Ball any.

For all the success of these two schools over the years, this will be the first ever playoff meeting between the Aces and Tigers. Just a fact I found interesting.
Actually, they haven't been in the same class very long ... just four years. Owensboro Catholic has been in 2A for 20 years. Murray was in Class A during that time, until the change to six classes.
Actually, they haven't been in the same class very long ... just four years. Owensboro Catholic has been in 2A for 20 years. Murray was in Class A during that time, until the change to six classes.

 

That's right. I was thinking Murray had spent more time in AA than recently. They were always a 1A district rival with Mayfield, weren't they?

That's right. I was thinking Murray had spent more time in AA than recently. They were always a 1A district rival with Mayfield, weren't they?
Murray was 2A in the 70s and early 80s, I think, but they were in Class A for a long time until we went to six classes.
The Last meeting between Murray and O Cath 2008 Murray Won 16-14 and never threw the Ball any.

Very true......but that was two years ago and both teams were drastically different than they are now.

 

Don't get it twisted, I never said that Murray is not a good team. They took it to our Falcons.....and they played well.

 

I just feel that OC is the better team, again.....if Murray pulls off the win, I'll come back and say that I was wrong.

 

Later.

Very true......but that was two years ago and both teams were drastically different than they are now.

 

Don't get it twisted, I never said that Murray is not a good team. They took it to our Falcons.....and they played well.

 

I just feel that OC is the better team, again.....if Murray pulls off the win, I'll come back and say that I was wrong.

Later.

 

Classy Bill...I would do the same!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.