Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2A: Murray at Owensboro Catholic predictions

Who wins the Region 1 title? 37 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the Region 1 title?

    • Murray
      43%
    • Owensboro Catholic
      56%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

A contrast in styles in this one in Owensboro Friday. Does Murray get over the region hump this year?

Murray is a tough team, make no mistake about that.....but I don't think that their one-dimensional offense and weak secondary can take the Aces.

 

As a FC Falcon fan, I've seen both of these teams, and the Aces are the complete package and will move on to the next round.

 

Later.

Murray looked as impressive agains Ft. Campbell the other night as any team I've seen this year and maybe last year included. Great speed, very good talent, good sized and very well coached.

Murray is a tough team, make no mistake about that.....but I don't think that their one-dimensional offense and weak secondary can take the Aces.

 

As a FC Falcon fan, I've seen both of these teams, and the Aces are the complete package and will move on to the next round.

 

Later.

What was weak about Murray's secondary? Nobody has really been that effective throwing the ball against them all year. I realize that Catholic's passing game is the best that Murray will have faced, but what was it you saw that prompts your assessment?
Murray is a tough team, make no mistake about that.....but I don't think that their one-dimensional offense and weak secondary can take the Aces.

 

As a FC Falcon fan, I've seen both of these teams, and the Aces are the complete package and will move on to the next round.

 

Later.

 

When you rack up 325 yards of rushing, getting 3 and 4 yards a gain, you don't need to be two dimensional.

 

O'Cath hasnt really had the best of success in state semifinal and final games v.s smashmouth teams (Belfry in '04, Russell in '05 and Mercer County in the '06 state semis). Ill be shocked if this weeks outcome will be any different. Who knows though? Edge does a great job with his team and their style of play

As for the one-dimensional offense ... Murray chooses to stay on the ground for the most part, but the Tigers are capable of throwing the ball effectively on occasion. Kendall Deese's stats (19-for-38, 504 yards, 10 TDs, 3 Ints) seem to bear that out.

What was weak about Murray's secondary? Nobody has really been that effective throwing the ball against them all year. I realize that Catholic's passing game is the best that Murray will have faced, but what was it you saw that prompts your assessment?

I just saw things on Friday that led me to believe if we could have passed the ball better, rather than run it.....we may have done MUCH better. Powell got open a lot and Swails had a pretty good game.....better than any other game in the weeks leading up to last Friday.

When you rack up 325 yards of rushing, getting 3 and 4 yards a gain, you don't need to be two dimensional.

 

O'Cath hasnt really had the best of success in state semifinal and final games v.s smashmouth teams (Belfry in '04, Russell in '05 and Mercer County in the '06 state semis). Ill be shocked if this weeks outcome will be any different. Who knows though? Edge does a great job with his team and their style of play

History doesn't play into this game at all. What's been done in the past has no bearing on what happens this Friday. The games aren't played in the past. What OC did in '04 through '06 don't matter anymore.

 

Later.

I think OC wins in a close one. It should be an interesting game.

Seen both teams stlye of play, both teams offense is on point, lastly game will come down to "who wants to play next friday".

I can't make a prediction on this one, but I can say that if Monroe beats Danville, and that is a big if, We would rather play Murray than OC!!! We like the run offenses rather than the spread pass offense!!! Just My Opinion...granted its not worth much....

I hope its Murray but I suspect it will be OC

I feel the same way. I just feel OC is to much for Murray, not saying that they are not a really good team because I feel they are, just saying the Spread that OC runs has a way of tearing teams up. But I also feel that the way Murray controls the clock with the run this is going to be a shootout until the end!!!

I think Murray wins. Their defense is better than people give them credit for

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.