2A: Murray at Owensboro Catholic predictions

The Scribe

Who wins the Region 1 title?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the Region 1 title?

Murray is a tough team, make no mistake about that.....but I don't think that their one-dimensional offense and weak secondary can take the Aces.

As a FC Falcon fan, I've seen both of these teams, and the Aces are the complete package and will move on to the next round.

Later.

What was weak about Murray's secondary? Nobody has really been that effective throwing the ball against them all year. I realize that Catholic's passing game is the best that Murray will have faced, but what was it you saw that prompts your assessment?

Murray is a tough team, make no mistake about that.....but I don't think that their one-dimensional offense and weak secondary can take the Aces.

As a FC Falcon fan, I've seen both of these teams, and the Aces are the complete package and will move on to the next round.

Later.

When you rack up 325 yards of rushing, getting 3 and 4 yards a gain, you don't need to be two dimensional.

O'Cath hasnt really had the best of success in state semifinal and final games v.s smashmouth teams (Belfry in '04, Russell in '05 and Mercer County in the '06 state semis). Ill be shocked if this weeks outcome will be any different. Who knows though? Edge does a great job with his team and their style of play

What was weak about Murray's secondary? Nobody has really been that effective throwing the ball against them all year. I realize that Catholic's passing game is the best that Murray will have faced, but what was it you saw that prompts your assessment?

I just saw things on Friday that led me to believe if we could have passed the ball better, rather than run it.....we may have done MUCH better. Powell got open a lot and Swails had a pretty good game.....better than any other game in the weeks leading up to last Friday.

When you rack up 325 yards of rushing, getting 3 and 4 yards a gain, you don't need to be two dimensional.

O'Cath hasnt really had the best of success in state semifinal and final games v.s smashmouth teams (Belfry in '04, Russell in '05 and Mercer County in the '06 state semis). Ill be shocked if this weeks outcome will be any different. Who knows though? Edge does a great job with his team and their style of play

History doesn't play into this game at all. What's been done in the past has no bearing on what happens this Friday. The games aren't played in the past. What OC did in '04 through '06 don't matter anymore.

Later.

I can't make a prediction on this one, but I can say that if Monroe beats Danville, and that is a big if, We would rather play Murray than OC!!! We like the run offenses rather than the spread pass offense!!! Just My Opinion...granted its not worth much....

I feel the same way. I just feel OC is to much for Murray, not saying that they are not a really good team because I feel they are, just saying the Spread that OC runs has a way of tearing teams up. But I also feel that the way Murray controls the clock with the run this is going to be a shootout until the end!!!