Dixie Colonel Seniors

Sandman32

As is my custom, I like to say a few words to our departing seniors at the conclusion of the season. First and foremost, thanks. Thanks for providing me with some awesome memories over the last four years. Leading up to our last game and over the course of this season I have routinely asked you a few questions. Today I only want to provide answers.

1.) How do you want to be remembered? Answer: As DISTRICT CHAMPIONS.

2.) As a great team or an average team. Answer: A little of both. Unfortunately for us, our season ended sooner than we would have wished. But overall we were successful. Why? Because our seniors led the way and the underclassman responded in kind. No one picked you to do this well, not even your coaches. This is a season to be proud of for a lifetime.

3.) Are you ready to hang it up for the season? Answer: Never.

4.) Do you feel you've accomplished enough? Answer: You have accomplished a great deal this year, but I am sure that individually you would answer no. All great players and teams feel this way, and you guys are no exception.

5.) Have you lived up to your potential? Answer: yes. You lived up to my expectations and your own. Everyone in NKY applauds you for your efforts this year.

6.) Can you look into your teammates face and honestly tell them you've given your all? Answer: Absolutely. That’s not to say that if you could do it over you wouldn’t do a few things differently. Everyone has regrets, and being a kid means that you will and do make mistakes. How you responded to adversity and overcame all obstacles makes me proud of your character. It has been a humbling experience for some of you, yet you have risen above it and become better for it. Without you, our season would only have been a fraction of what it was. You Left it all on the field Friday. You didn't let down. You didn't loose focus. And you never doubted.

You made history! Most of you were instrumental in beating Trinity last season. But the kicker came this year. You did something that no other team has done at Dixie in 25 years, win a district championship. Bruises fade, but the glory you have earned will last forever.

In the end, sometimes no matter how hard you try, it’s not enough. There is no disgrace or dishonor in that. You succeeded in rising to the challenges set before you this season more times than not, and for that I and a great many others applaud you. I was glad to hear that the coaches acknowledged that you were the reason that we did so well this season. I believe they underestimated how well you could lead these boys. In all your life, no matter where you go or what you do, the lessons you learned about yourselves this year will go with you. Success in life shouldn’t be measured by wins and losses alone. It also includes how you respond to the challenges life sends your way. So hold your head high fellas, every member of this team should be proud of the year that you’ve had. I know I am.

... Player Ht. Wt. Yr. Pos.

3 Adam Huber 6-2 180 Senior RB, LB

4 Tim Grefer 6-3 162 Senior WR, DB

5 Nick Metzger 5-8 155 Senior RB, DB

14 Brady Huenfeld 6-0 150 Senior QB, DB

15 Zach Sullivan 5-11 180 Senior WR, LB

35 Scott Gumble 5-11 180 Senior TE, LB

42 Jared Ishmael 5-9 181 Senior TE, DE

55 Michael Higgins 5-3 133 Senior OL, DL

56 Ryan Atchley 5-10 222 Senior OL, DL

57 Andy Rudd 5-6 190 Senior OL, LB

61 Brian Metzger 5-8 205 Senior OL, DL

64 Chris Hatter 5-10 186 Senior OL, DL

69 Daniel Mullikin 6-0 280 Senior OL, DL

87 Michael Walls 5-9 175 Senior TE, DE

according to the Enquirer ( I didn't have my roster on hand in order to double check) ;)

Updated Senior List

... Player Ht. Wt. Yr. Pos.

3 Adam Huber 6-2 180 Senior RB, LB

4 Tim Grefer 6-3 162 Senior WR, DB

5 Nick Metzger 5-8 155 Senior RB, DB

14 Brady Huenfeld 6-0 150 Senior QB, DB

15 Zach Sullivan 5-11 180 Senior WR, LB

35 Scott Gumble 5-11 180 Senior TE, LB

42 Jared Ishmael 5-9 181 Senior TE, DE

56 Ryan Atchley 5-10 222 Senior OL, DL

57 Andy Rudd 5-6 190 Senior OL, LB

61 Brian Metzger 5-8 205 Senior OL, DL

64 Chris Hatter 5-10 186 Senior OL, DL

69 Daniel Mullikin 6-0 280 Senior OL, DL

Yes, I know, I'm going to miss seeing all of them playing on fridays night. But all we can hope for is that the JR's and Soph's will do it right in the off season...like hit the weights and keep in condition. COLONELS, just work hard in the off sesson and go 15-0 and be ready for BOONE next year.

32, great post. One can feel the passion you have for Dixie football and the love for your son when reading the post. Its been a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you a bit. I hope to see you from time and you know you are always welcome at David Cecil Memorial Stadium. Take care my friend and tell your son I really enjoyed watching him play. LN

32, great post. One can feel the passion you have for Dixie football and the love for your son when reading the post. Its been a pleasure meeting you and getting to know you a bit. I hope to see you from time and you know you are always welcome at David Cecil Memorial Stadium. Take care my friend and tell your son I really enjoyed watching him play. LN

Same here Sandman, Good luck to all of Dixie's Senior class!

Awesome season! Who would have guessed that the team would have taken the fans down some untraveled roads! Like the District win! It was great watching the Seniors lead the underclassman with such class. Never to much advice and just enough to let the underclassman grow! Our Seniors lead in a way that I hope will inspire the underclassman to lead next year! Again, thanks for a great ride this year guys, I wish for you the best that life has to offer you! Good luck and remember, once a Colonel always a Colonel with Pride!